Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIN TICKETS TO THE CREATION CHICAGO CON!!! (Aug 27-29, 2010)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Watched every episode of Stargate and tuning into Gateworld everyday for the news be it good or sad theres one thing i have yet to do and that is go to a convention to meet the actors that portray these great characters we see on television.

John

Comment

I would be honored and extremely excited to win this prize. Not just for myself but also for my Fiancé, who I plan to surprise with this gift if I win this contest. A few years ago I came across Stargate SG-1 from a recommendation from a friend. After watching the first season I fell in love with the show for a variety of reasons, the humor, satire and something that I really loved about the show the immersion. I then went out and bought with what little money I had, all remaining nine seasons. I and my fiancé then started to watch a few episodes a night until we finished the series. Every night was magical and grew our relationship as well by adding something else we can do together.

The show has a way of immersing me into its fictional world, but yet it also had a basis on reality which I really enjoyed showing that humanity needs to work together despite our petty differences. That was the main reason, beyond the pure humor. I love the character interaction and would love to meet the actors in person along with my fiancé. If I ever had a bad day I could just come home and watch some SG-1 to make me feel better.

This will be the first convention that I would be able to go to since I am local to Chicago. Both I and my fiancé are recent college graduates and neither can find a full time job so we simply cannot spend money to attend the convention.

Comment

I have been a fan of Stargate since James Spader & Kurt Russell first brought life to this universe known as Stargate. And have followed it through all the series to now watching (and waaaaaaaaaaaaaiting) for season 2 of SGU.This past spring Creation hurridley put together a Stargate con in my hometown of Minneapolis. I never been to Stargate con so i went general admission.Even tho the con was small, I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE! So yes Gateworld i would like to win the tickets to Chicago SG con, see and experience a full con and continue to meet the actors who bring this to life for us!!

Comment

I've faithfully attended the Chicago con every year until this year. Just didn't think I'd be able to do it this year, thus I didn't preorder any tickets. And then David Hewlett signs up! And Chris Heyerdahl! I was crushed. Two people I've been wanting to see and I'm not attending! Would love to be able to keep my record going and attend this year too.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

I should win because Amanda Tapping and I have the same birthday. That means that August 28th is my 30th b-day. What a better way for me to spend my b-day with my wife, Heather and my favorite Sci-fi franchise Con! I saw the movie and fell in love with the idea of G'ould's posing as ancient gods. I have always wanted to shake Christopher Judge's hand and say "tek ma tek" I've seen every Stargate episode and all the movies. Please pick me, I know I'd be a great attendee.

Comment

I should win the tickets. Why? I live in Chicago. Let me be honest, as was discussed in a podcast, often genre fans are misunderstood by family and friends. The teasing, ridiculing, and abuse that comes to genre fans is ridiculous. My family and close friends would never understand if I went out of town to go to a convention. They would think I was crazy. They wouldn't understand the idea of going to a convention. So I have never gone to a convention. A convention in my home town would be an awesome opportunity for me to be able to go to a convention and not suffer the abuse from family and friends. It's not that I am an insincire fan, I have watched all three series. I saw the original movie in the theater (I am only 24 and I believe that I convinced my dad to take me to the movie). I even support by being an active listener to the podcast, listening to interviews, and contributing when possible.

I am also a law student. It would be impossible for me to go to most other conventions during the year because of my class schedule. Since this one is in Chicago, I can participate and not miss class. Nor suffer the financial burden of worrying about when and where am I going to get there an how.

Also, if I get these tickets it will be my privilege to help GateWorld during the convention by reporting information, helping with interviews, and functioning as an emissary of GateWorld.

Also, my birthday is in August what better a birthday gift from my favorite stargate site on the web (I include MGM and HULU)

So please, I should win the tickets.

Thanks

Comment

I believe that I should win because I've never been able to go to a convention before. I've always wanted to go, as I feel that science fiction conventions are a very special, if not essential detail of a fandom that I consider myself a part of. I love that there is a place for self proclaimed sci-fi geeks to come together, dress up, and share in a memorable experience.

My mom and I have been Stargate fans for years now and I would love to be able to share this experience with her. We've spent hours upon hours watching Stargate late into the night, sharing a bond that few teenagers get to have with their parents.

Living in Minnesota, I've always felt like the planned conventions never were close enough to me. Going to this year's Creation convention in Minneapolis was canceled because of the sudden death of my father at the beginning of the summer, and Chicago's probably the only other convention site we could ever travel to.

In addition, my 17th birthday is on August 29th, and I can think of no better way to spend that day than with so many other people with whom I share a common (obsessive) interest. It would be such a dream come true!

Please consider me for the pair of tickets to the convention. Thank you so very much. ~Jess
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

My love began when I was eight years old I was flipping through the channels and found this TV show I decided it looked cool.
                  I soon fell in love with the show this show was called Stargate Sg-1 I became a follower and a lover, at such a young age I was swept off my feet.
                  I was able to get the first season down however soon after that my family had to move to, IDAHO!
                  My step father got a new job we where there during the off season. However as soon as we got there we left. My step father lost his job, shortly coming back to Kansas, my home, Season two aired however family life had changed my step father was angry at loosing his job he soon took it out on mom, yelling every night, forced me to dig through the garage to find a old junk pair of headphones, to watched my Stargate Sg-1.
                  What was yelling soon turned to screaming and that then turned physical, season 3 came around unable to watch Stargate Sg-1 even with over the ear headphones I was forced to go to friends to watch but sometimes I couldn't do that so I started covertly recording the show on my step fathers VCR. I was finally after so long able to watch Stargate Sg-1 in my own home without any distractions. This, this was bliss every week at the time I chose, I could sneak in one hour this was my world I was apart of the team going off world to planets beyond the stars.
                  What started as show soon became a parent to me, the actors all where like my parents in a way telling me from wrong to right, that every episode had a underlined message to you, something you as a young child could see and pick apart and understand.
                  I can easily say I am the man I am today because of watching, hell I even act like each one of the characters in Stargate Sg-1, kinda weird when you say it but its true.
                  My love continued even with watching Stargate Infinity on Saturdays, My mother soon left my Step Father and we moved to Florida, started high school on my senior year I was in a major car crash which caused me to be bedridden, this was horrible but also awesome I finally had the time to watch eight full seasons of, you name it Stargate Sg-1. Also the first two seasons of a little show called Stargate Atlantis, all back to back.
                  I am fine now I have been interning at a electronics repair store repairing high end TV's to coffee makers, I am also preparing to go to college this year, to get my bachelors in Computer Science, I guess this trait is from Amanda Tappings character Carter.
                  I thought however this would be short that I would be able to finally finish Stargate Universe on Netflix this night but as its been blaring in the background for the past thirty minutes, I get to restart it thanks Gateworld.
                  John

Comment

I am 20 years old & I study Aerospace engineering. I want to become a pilot. So I think i should go to the creation in Chicago because i haven't been to Chicago before and also i want see the stargate crew. I have watched all of the stargate episodes more than once and i think i might be one of their biggest fan. The stargate crew have never came to Newcastle - England (United Kingdom).

I had started watching stargate in 2000 on channel 4 weekdays after school. I had watched the first stargate: movie and i really love it and i would love to met my best actors of stargate. such as: the brightest man in Pegasus (Dr. Rodney McKay), the best free jaffa (Teal'c), the best doctor in Pegasus and Mikly way (Dr. Carson Beckett), and all of the other characters: John Sheppard, Jack O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Elizabeth Weir, Todd (the Wraith), Anubis, Michael (Hybrid).

I would love to see the stargate crew (the best thing in my life)

thank very much and keep doing what you are doing best.

Regards

Harry

Comment

I would love to win these tickets so that I can take my son who is a big Stargate fan. It is not in the budget to take him but I would love to make his dream come true. How often does you tween son want to hang out with his mom for a whole weekend.

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                      (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                      Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

I don't deserve to win these tickets because I was lucky enough to meet and marry a woman who also loves Stargate, but I never quite treated her the way she deserved to be treated. For our honeymoon we took one day to go to Busch Gardens, which is 30 minutes from our house, and went back to work the day after. For our first anniversary we...actually I can't remember what we did, that's just how memorable the event was. For our second anniversary, which was 2 days ago, we sat at home watching movies and ate Stouffer's vegetable lasagna.

As I said, all of these things mean that I don't deserve to win. She, however, most certainly DOES for putting up with me for these two years of marriage.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Stargate. I visit Gateworld.net several times a day just to keep on Stargate news, and to see what other fans are doing. I enjoy your podcasts, episode information, forums, and even the screen captures. I came to Stargate in 2003, during a time that was very difficult for my wife and family. My wife, Susan, was battling jaw cancer, and was hospitalized for several weeks. During that time we were also in the middle of an adoption. It was an extremely stressful time. There was one small thing I did each day to lift my spirits and that was to pop in a Stargate-SG1 DVD. It was a break from reality that helped relieve the stress of the time. Susan is much better now, and has even come to be a Stargate fan as well (with some encouragement from me).

I've been a fan of science fiction books, movies, television since I was a kid. Although, I have liked other shows, I have come to bond with this particular franchise. The Chicago convention would be an amazing opportunity to see and meet the people that mean so very much to me. This convention is a chance to spend time with others that love Stargate and see/meet the celebrities that bring it to life. Please consider me for the Chicago convention tickets, it would mean a great deal to my wife and I.
                          sigpic

Comment

i hope dag1701 wins the tickets, coz it would be nice to attend the con with a friend. i love stargate too and am a huge fan of creation, i love them to death. i only attend cons in chicago, but at least i attend creation events. so i hope dag1701 gets to win the tickets. at any rate here is my contatc info: james watson, (630)350-0497 or email: [email protected] thanks and have a great day!!!! james from chicago.

Comment

As many of you know, I am probably one of the biggest Jason Momoa fans around. I don't get the chance to attend Cons very often, as they are never close enough to Texas for one, and it just isn't in the budget for the rest of the time. I was lucky enough to attend one previous Stargate Con, where I got to meet Jason for the first time, that was due to some VERY good friends helping out to get me there. No, the budget for Con tickets, airfare, and room were not in the budget this year. I would love the oppertunity to win these tickets and take my 13 year old son w/ me this time, as he didn't get to go w/ me the last time. Stargate is in my blood, Jason Momoa is in my soul, and I PROMISE if I were to be the lucky person selected, I'd bring you live Con reports, pictures, and posts through the entire time there! Getting to see Jason Momoa in his first ever concert would be a DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Comment

let me start by saying how much of a stargate fan i am! since it all began with the original movie, i've been hooked! when the next season(which ever series) was released to dvd, i've always had the cash ready so i could go out and grab it as quickly as possible. i have collected every season of sg1 and both movies, as well as sg atlantis. if they were records, they would all be worn out, ha ha. since then, my stargate addiction has extended into the sg magazine(with only 1 more to be published) and action figures. i am currently waiting on the entire 5th series to arrive at my door. much of my time and money is spent on my family. this contest is the only way i would have a chance to see and visit with the actors and fans that appreciate the stargate franchise as much as i do! being able to attend this would make my entire year... and most likely the next one too, ha ha! thanks, gateworld, for providing us with a chance to have a really great time with people that enjoy the same! thanks again for all that you do!!! nathan l.

Comment

Working...
                                X