Shore Leave 33 July 8-10, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
    I hope that the bed comes soon. It is currently in a trucking company's truck on the way 2 the store. What sucks about that is that is the furniture store is family run business and is closed today for labor day. So I hope it comes in tomorrow and can be delivered. But I have a real good cussing ready if it doesn't come in by Thursday. I find it unbelievable that they screwed up this bad and that I am taking my saved con money 2 pay them for this.

9/7/2010 The furniture store says the end of the week. I hope that it gets here sooner than that. I still plan on making a trip out to the store if it is not here by Thursday.
    That is just not right to treat a paying client like that. I hope it will arrive today or tomorrow for you. I had to dip into my own con fund to help pay for a new fridge since our died.
    Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Blue007 View Post
      Yes, I know, I was there.....but Momoa hasn't done any cons in 2010 except Dragon Con so what better time to get him to do Shore Leave.
      It is still to soon to ask him back to the con again.

Comment

Well I guess it's a good thing that Dragon Con didn't feel that way huh, or his fans wouldn't have seen him at all this year lol. Thanks, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Jedi40 View Post
        It is still to soon to ask him back to the con again.
        Purple's Biggest Fan
        A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Well I guess it's a good thing that Dragon Con didn't feel that way huh, or his fans wouldn't have seen him at all this year lol. Thanks, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
          Dragon Con is a much larger con. They have the ability to invite many more guests so repeats are probably more common. I imagine with Shore Leave they want to keep things fresh for the attendees so even though a lot of us would love to see Jason again, I suppose in the interest spreading the love around to multiple fandoms they probably don't want to repeat a guest that close to a past appearance. All of this is pure speculation on my part as I have no real information on how they book their guests.

For me one of the things I love most about Shore Leave is how it spans so many different sci-fi fandoms. I am not a BSG fan, but I loved the Q & A's of Katee Sackoff and EJO. Sometimes you enjoy a guest so much it gets you to check out their work and starts you on a whole new fandom. I brought a friend the year David Hewlitt was there and she had never seen any SG, but she really enjoyed his Q & A's.

Comment

Completely understand what you're saying. I had a great time at Shore Leave, and othe cons I've gone to, Shore Leave being more relaxed. Dragon Con just way too big for me lol. Love your siggy by the way. I can understand wanting to keep things fresh. Thanks.

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
            Dragon Con is a much larger con. They have the ability to invite many more guests so repeats are probably more common. I imagine with Shore Leave they want to keep things fresh for the attendees so even though a lot of us would love to see Jason again, I suppose in the interest spreading the love around to multiple fandoms they probably don't want to repeat a guest that close to a past appearance. All of this is pure speculation on my part as I have no real information on how they book their guests.

For me one of the things I love most about Shore Leave is how it spans so many different sci-fi fandoms. I am not a BSG fan, but I loved the Q & A's of Katee Sackoff and EJO. Sometimes you enjoy a guest so much it gets you to check out their work and starts you on a whole new fandom. I brought a friend the year David Hewlitt was there and she had never seen any SG, but she really enjoyed his Q & A's.
            Purple's Biggest Fan
            A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Dragon*Con is bigger and not a fan run con as Shore leave is so they can afford to have the same guests back. Jason did have to pull out of a few cons due to the new Conan movie he was working on and would not have made it for this years con anyway. You can cross your fingers but I doubt it will work.

Comment

Well thanks for the support Jedi40, deeply appreciated.

Dragon*Con is bigger and not a fan run con as Shore leave is so they can afford to have the same guests back. Jason did have to pull out of a few cons due to the new Conan movie he was working on and would not have made it for this years con anyway. You can cross your fingers but I doubt it will work.
                Purple's Biggest Fan
                A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Well thanks for the support Jedi40, deeply appreciated.
                  Hey I am just telling it as it is.

Comment

So griffindorgirl did the bed arrive on time or did you have to yell at them?

Comment

So griffindorgirl did the bed arrive on time or did you have to yell at them?
                      The new bed arrived at 10:30 this morning. I have everything put back into place and the stuff that would go under the bed is in the drawer of the bed. So I will not be loosing anymore shoes to the blackhole under my bed. Now I can work on paying my mother off. Then I can start saving for the con.

Comment

The new bed arrived at 10:30 this morning. I have everything put back into place and the stuff that would go under the bed is in the drawer of the bed. So I will not be loosing anymore shoes to the blackhole under my bed. Now I can work on paying my mother off. Then I can start saving for the con.
                        Glad to hear that it arrived at long last. I thought it was arriving last week? Sounds like a plan to me. Only a few more weeks till we find out who will be there.

Comment

Glad to hear that it arrived at long last. I thought it was arriving last week? Sounds like a plan to me. Only a few more weeks till we find out who will be there.
                          The bed was supposed to arrive last week but was just shipped last week. I slept like a baby. I can't wait till they announce the first guests. I am really hoping that it is or . I got the con limited edition print of SG-A in 2007. I only haven't met to completely have it signed.

Comment

The bed was supposed to arrive last week but was just shipped last week. I slept like a baby. I can't wait till they announce the first guests. I am really hoping that it is or . I got the con limited edition print of SG-A in 2007. I only haven't met to completely have it signed.
                            Ahhh I see. Glad to hear it. Same here. I hope one will be as he is the only main SGA male cast member I have yet to meet (except for who I missed out on due to a bug).

Comment

Only a few more weeks till they open up registration for Shore Leave. Yahay!

Comment

I know I can't wait for it and the announcement of the first guest (s)

Comment

Working...
                                X