This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    *pouts* I wish they'd show what the cheaper tickets are for... I'd like to be a fifth wheel....
    You still can...I will GLADLY sleep on a *Roll-away* if you can get ANY ticket

LOL...DJF ....shipper thread.......
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      You still can...I will GLADLY sleep on a *Roll-away* if you can get ANY ticket

LOL...DJF ....shipper thread.......
      What's so funny, I need to know things if I'm going to be hanging out with shippers.
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
        What's so funny, I need to know things if I'm going to be hanging out with shippers.
        ((((((((DJF)))))))) Trust me we will tell you EVERYTHING you NEED to know
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

((((((((DJF)))))))) Trust me we will tell you EVERYTHING you NEED to know
          Over and over and over and over again.... LOL!!!

Comment

http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/xp/cg..._to_canada.xml

U.S. Citizen
            A U.S. citizen will be required by the Government of Canada to prove that he/she is a citizen of the United States. This proof may be a birth record, baptismal record, passport, Certificate of Citizenship, or Certificate of Naturalization. In some cases, U.S. citizens will be allowed to enter Canada with just another photo identification document, like a drivers license, because the officer believes an oral declaration of U.S. citizenship. A voter registration is NOT official proof of U.S. citizenship.

Evidence of the reason for your travel to Canada may also be requested. If you are a tourist, explain where you will travel, for how long, and be ready to show any advance reservations for your stay. If you are a business visitor, state what the nature of your business is, where you will go, what companies you will see, and be ready to show any letters from prior contacts with those companies. If you are entering for employment purposes, you should have the necessary papers preapproved, or be entering under the NAFTA Trade Agreement. You do not want to be caught unprepared at the border and be refused admission or even arrested in extreme cases. Oral declarations will sometimes be sufficient and documentation may not be required. But you should be ready, if asked. NOTE: always carry photo identification with you.

For more complete information of entry rules, employment, customs regulations, you may wish to visit the Government of Canada site.

this is what you need to get into canada. from my experience it's far easier to get INTO canada than it is to return to the states

One word of advice, if you fly, be prepared to stand in a line at the vancouver airport. if you drive across, always give yourself plenty of time. sometimes the border crossing takes 5 minutes, sometimes 2 hours.

if you fly out of the vancouver airport, they have a toll you have to pay, i think it's 7 canadian dollars to leave the airport, so save some money

in any case, do NOT mess with the customs folks. Don't joke, don't screw around, don't take pictures at the us/canada border crossing on I5 (which runs right out of seattle to vancouver)
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Skydiver...I will look through my papers...I do NOT think I have my original BC any longer BUT I know I have some papers in my strongbox that my Mom did pass on.

And I do realize that the border is no place to joke around....When I was a kid we went to Niagra Falls and my Dad thought he would be funny at the border and the Canadian Border guys did NOT take kindly to that...and THAT was many many years ago

Comment

the canadians are doubly sensitive since some of the 911 baddies entered the us through canada.

most of your shopping should be fine, however if you want to drink anything but beer and wine, you may wish to purchase it on this side of the border. it's horribly expensive up in van. and if creation's hotel is like the best western, your drinks will cost you about $5 each...heck even teh soda was $2 at events

last year, you could bring across one liter per person (presuming each person is over the legal drinking age)
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I went up to BC over Labor Day weekend (which is a holiday on both sides of the border). All we needed to do was show our driver's license and they asked where we were born. They didn't even look at the boy's birth certificate (if I remember correctly).

Coming back, we again showed the driver's license and they were inspecting all vehicles (which took us about 5 min).

If you have ever crossed into or out of California, it seemed about as simple as that.
                  No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Poor DJF, you're going to have a grand time!

Well, I'll try to find my birth certificate or get a new one before the con but I may have to just try it with my drivers license and social security card. I'm going to be seriously ticked if I fly out there and get turned away trying to cross the border. I wouldn't put it past you guys to just kick me out of the car at the border and continue on without me.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

You don't even know how tempting this idea is... I haven't had a vacation just for the sake of having fun in more years than I can remember. It is always a family thing, or visiting home when I was living away, or attached to a business trip. The idea of just going somewhere just to have fun is almost a totally foreign concept!

Comment

I'd love to go to this but just did the sums:

$2000 AU (just under) return ticket to Vancouver
                        $800 AU (approx) for the gold pass
                        $1000 + AU (approx) for hotel
                        Total AUD $4000 approx.

As much as I would love to go to this thing there is no way I can afford $4000 to do that. Add extra's on top like being a tourist - I mean first visit to Canada I'd want to see more than the TV studio, plus food, plus gifts etc etc etc .

Shame

Comment

well after comparing prices and Guest lists and just about everything else....I had to make a decision as well and I will be attending the Creation Con ...I would LOVE to support Gatecon in everything they do BUT I LOVE Star Gate and I would like to make my FIRST con about meeting the *Stars* of Star Gate...so when I factored in all of the costs of the tickets, set tours and such Creation COn was really not that much different in $$$ then Gatecon... PLUS I KNOW I will be meeting some REALLY COOL peoples as well from our lovely forum so I am happy
                          I'd be happy to trade photos from my front row seats at the Dallas con, for any fun pics from the Vancouver con (a pic of the actualy Stargate would rock!)

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                            *pouts* I wish they'd show what the cheaper tickets are for... I'd like to be a fifth wheel....
                            Why don't you check the Creation site for other cons; this way you could get an idea of what the lower priced tickets could include.

And don't worry about not getting front row seats - unless you get to sit in row 1 or 2 it doesn't make a difference anyway. I've spent all cons except one in the back of the room and had a blast. The one exception was the GCC two weeks ago where I had a front row seat. That of course was fabulous, especially since there was no stage, so the guests were literally in grabbing distance to me (and during the auction even closer ) But as I said, as soon as you 'only' get a seat in row 3 you might just as well be in the back of the hall.

JMHO, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                              Why don't you check the Creation site for other cons; this way you could get an idea of what the lower priced tickets could include.

And don't worry about not getting front row seats - unless you get to sit in row 1 or 2 it doesn't make a difference anyway. I've spent all cons except one in the back of the room and had a blast. The one exception was the GCC two weeks ago where I had a front row seat. That of course was fabulous, especially since there was no stage, so the guests were literally in grabbing distance to me (and during the auction even closer ) But as I said, as soon as you 'only' get a seat in row 3 you might just as well be in the back of the hall.

JMHO, of course!
                              Thanks, but I looked at the Dallas one in Feb and it still only showed their Gold Pass tix with a note saying that there would be more info as the con got closer... Makes it hard to make a decision without being able to compare.

I want to go so bad it's driving me crazy to think about it!

ETA: No comments about me already being crazy...

I looked at the VA one in the beginning of Feb... If they go down that much... hmmmm.....
                              Last edited by Guest; 31 December 2004, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli

JMHO, of course!
                                We were in the 3rd row in Burbank, and the seats were great. It helped that we were right in the middle, just one seat off the aisle tho. But I am psyched to have front row to get some nice facial photos. I'd be happier if AT were going to be there, but I am thrilled I got to meet her this past time. And I am so happy about her new family!

Comment

Working...
                                X