Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2010 (April 15-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slunky View Post
    Hello all,

I was wondering if someone can tell me about the "yes/no game" that they play. How you enter and what not?

Thanks,
    Slunky
    Yeah, they get about 25 people from they audience who want to play to come up in stage. Each person gets a "YES" and "No" sign. A trivia question with a "YES" or "NO" answer is asked. Participants hold up their answer. If you get the answer wrong, you are eliminated. They play until there is one person left standing. The prize is usually a gift certificate to buy Creation merchandise.
    Starwanderer
    Secaucus, NJ Stargate Con Attendee 2004

Comment

After trying and trying and trying, going to this convention is just not going to happen. Have to give up my MTM tickets as well. Vancouver and I just weren't meant to be . I'm sure you'll all have a wonderful time and look forward to the pix and reports .
      sigpic
      Thanks to x stargatergirl x for the perfect sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        Wow, that is outrageous! It's doubled in just 3 years!

Being one who really looks forward to the Fan Party, and have supported it from the first one I will find the $70. I am certainly looking forward to meeting the lovely guests you've got lined up there.

The other thing I have to say is that due to an unexpected, but very welcome call from the BC Health Authority Recruitment Agency today I am going to an interview with typing speed and computer skill testing next Wednesday in Vancouver. If I get temp work with them it will count towards the work experience part of my course and I will be paid for it as well!

Since I can't be in two places at once I'm afraid I have to announce that the Koralev is being redeployed! Sorry to all who were going on the self organised location tour in my car.

I am thinking of going to the ABC Country Restaurant opposite Bridge Studios afterwards. Thought I'd chill out and have a coffee and, hmmm possibly tuck into my favourite dessert as well after the pretty intense time I think I will have with all that testing! I reckon I'll be there between 3-4pm, depending on how quickly I finish the testing and the lovely Vancouver traffic. I've got to find something to do to while away the time until the Fan Party as it's not worth driving straight home afterwards and then back again in that time!

So, depending on what people will do as far as the tour goes I hope to meet up with some of you at some point before the Fan Party.
        Congratulations! I can imagine the Korolev darting around on the Loki Highway.. I can meet up with you at ABC at that time. I'll just go ahead and go to UBC to check out their grad studies program and also go to MOA to do some research that my cultural diversity professor has requested. He has a PhD in Anthropology.

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
          I'm absolutely thrilled!...I LOVE Steve...he's got such a great sense of humour, doesn't take himself too seriously (he was HILARIOUS at Gatecon 2008) and I had a really nice photo op with him in 2007...my friend Joy was there that year too (she's the one who'll be very envious btw) so even though I'm at the back I must try and get Mr Deeds and his BIG Zoom lens to get some pics for her!!...

*sighs*...just means I'll have to stretch those US $ (with the ABYSMAL exchange rate atm for the UK'ers...) and buy another photo op!....I can't resist!....

Worth every cent imho.....

Deeds xx
          He is such a nut. Have always had a blast when he is in attendence. I remember at MARCON in May 2007 our fanclub was taking impromtu group pictures. Steve was off to the side watching. Then all of a sudden he decided he had to get in on the act. We got into two rows (with a few kneeling on the floor). When Steve took to leaping over the front row. Almost twisted his ankle the nut *Laughs in fond memories*.

Can't wait to see him in just a week. Than again at GateCon in July *SMILES*!!!
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by starwanderer View Post
            Yeah, they get about 25 people from they audience who want to play to come up in stage. Each person gets a "YES" and "No" sign. A trivia question with a "YES" or "NO" answer is asked. Participants hold up their answer. If you get the answer wrong, you are eliminated. They play until there is one person left standing. The prize is usually a gift certificate to buy Creation merchandise.
            Awesome, I guess I should start brushing up on my trivia skills.

Comment

Originally posted by slunky View Post
              Awesome, I guess I should start brushing up on my trivia skills.
              I recommend doing your homework... cause last year I was the first one booted!! On the first question... but only cause I was thinking about the wrong show... they asked about Atlantis, and I answered as if they asked the question about SG1. SO EMBARRASSING especially b/c I totally knew the answers for most of the question.
              sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
              Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
              GateCon Vancouver 2011
              Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

This is a bad news/good news announcement. Gary can not provide advertising for an event that Creation is not responsible for due to legal obligations. However, Wormhole Riders, a sci-fi web newsgroup with a huge following, will provide advertising for the Fan Party. I am feeling very confident that our attendee numbers will increase with their help.
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                  This is a bad news/good news announcement. Gary can not provide advertising for an event that Creation is not responsible for due to legal obligations. However, Wormhole Riders, a sci-fi web newsgroup with a huge following, will provide advertising for the Fan Party. I am feeling very confident that our attendee numbers will increase with their help.
                  That is so awesome! AND we will be given the opportunity to meet some fellow Gaters! =0) Hurrah!

Comment

Will start crossing those appendages now for a good turn out.

The other thing I have to say is that due to an unexpected, but very welcome call from the BC Health Authority Recruitment Agency today I am going to an interview with typing speed and computer skill testing next Wednesday in Vancouver. If I get temp work with them it will count towards the work experience part of my course and I will be paid for it as well!

Since I can't be in two places at once I'm afraid I have to announce that the Koralev is being redeployed! Sorry to all who were going on the self organised location tour in my car.

I am thinking of going to the ABC Country Restaurant opposite Bridge Studios afterwards. Thought I'd chill out and have a coffee and, hmmm possibly tuck into my favourite dessert as well after the pretty intense time I think I will have with all that testing! I reckon I'll be there between 3-4pm, depending on how quickly I finish the testing and the lovely Vancouver traffic. I've got to find something to do to while away the time until the Fan Party as it's not worth driving straight home afterwards and then back again in that time!

So, depending on what people will do as far as the tour goes I hope to meet up with some of you at some point before the Fan Party.
                    Krisz, that's great news. Taking care of #1 is a rough job We'll miss your native piloting skills though.

I'd be willing to upgrade the "Puddle Jumper" to accommodate those that were to crew the Koralev. I have 2 possible already.

We'd do Jack's cabin, Sam's and Daniel's houses, lunch at Horizon's (O'Malley's), Bridges, and then see if we could connect with Krisz at the ABC.

If you're interested in joining our 'sentimental journey' please PM me.
                    sigpic
                    Vancouver 2010
                    Chicago 2010
                    Chicago 2011
                    Jack's CSM

Comment

Our Poster that will be provided as part of the advertising on Wormhole Riders:

Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 11 April 2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

[]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/Arctic-Goddess/Random%20photographs/FANPARTY-1.jpg?t=1270956242[/IMG]
                        OOOOOOOOOOO! Does that mean that we might have guests from all those show!? If so, you just convinced me to attend, no matter what the cost!
                        sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                        Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                        GateCon Vancouver 2011
                        Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                          Congratulations! I can imagine the Korolev darting around on the Loki Highway.. I can meet up with you at ABC at that time. I'll just go ahead and go to UBC to check out their grad studies program and also go to MOA to do some research that my cultural diversity professor has requested. He has a PhD in Anthropology.
                          Aaah, the Loki Highway LOL! Every time I go on it, it reminds me of that funny moment with RDA at Gatecon!

I hope your trip is successful and you find the course is a good one, it would be great if you ended up doing your post grad studies in Vancouver! Look forward to meeting up with you at the ABC.

Originally posted by JacksCSM View Post
                          Will start crossing those appendages now for a good turn out.

Krisz, that's great news. Taking care of #1 is a rough job We'll miss your native piloting skills though.

I'd be willing to upgrade the "Puddle Jumper" to accommodate those that were to crew the Koralev. I have 2 possible already.

We'd do Jack's cabin, Sam's and Daniel's houses, lunch at Horizon's (O'Malley's), Bridges, and then see if we could connect with Krisz at the ABC.

If you're interested in joining our 'sentimental journey' please PM me.
                          I'm sad to miss the 'Sentimental Journey', RL does get in the way sometimes! It would be great though if we manage to meet up at the ABC, that way I don't feel I've missed out completely.

Wow, fourth Fan Party already AG! I hope that you get those numbers up. People have to know what they may miss if they don't come!

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                            OOOOOOOOOOO! Does that mean that we might have guests from all those show!? If so, you just convinced me to attend, no matter what the cost!
                            Yes!!! Guests from all of those shows.

Comment

Wow, fourth Fan Party already AG! I hope that you get those numbers up. People have to know what they may miss if they don't come!
                              You aint seen nothing yet. Wait until you see what's planned for Gatecon!!!!

Comment

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1270956242
                                SWEET I am a fan of all these shows. I was mentioning to my best friend April (the other day when I called to wish her a happy birthday) that their was to be Dead Like Me cast there. And she was a tad jealous. She was a major fan of the series. And I got into it watching it with her. And another of my fan groups I am apart of here in Vancouver is "The 13th Coloney" which is a group for fans of BSG and Caprica.

Glad to see Wormhole Riders is helping out. Great people. And the poster looks awesome!!!
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X