Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Ugh, no. That wood annoy me too.
    I'm all for good service, but there can be too much of a good thing.
    I have a 'please let me stuff my face in peace if we don't know each other' policy.
    Yes, that's exactly it

Edit: So what is not-Anderson's called now?
    "Heaven's Kitchen Mediterranean Steak House" - when I commented that on seeing 'steak house' I hadn't felt keen to go there because I don't particularly like steak, but on checking their website and seeing that they also serve many non-steak dishes I decided to give it a go, the waiter laughed and said "Everyone loves steak!" The look I gave him clearly said "No, I've just told you that I don't like steak!" His people skills leave a lot to be desired
    Last edited by Jumble; 31 August 2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

The owner of the restaurant also came over to check if everything was alright and if we were enjoying our food. He motioned to the otherwise empty restaurant and told us that he had arranged for us to have the place to ourselves and joked about us being V.I.P.s. I told him that yes, I am a V.I.P. because Stuart's boys are my grandsons so I was checking the place out for him - his face dropped!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Yes, that's exactly it

"Heaven's Kitchen Mediterranean Steak House" - when I commented that on seeing 'steak house' I hadn't felt keen to go there because I don't particularly like steak, but on checking their website and seeing that they also serve many non-steak dishes I decided to give it a go, the waiter laughed and said "Everyone loves steak!" The look I gave him clearly said "No, I've just told you that I don't like steak!" His people skills leave a lot to be desired
        Oh. I'll just keep going with 'not-Anderson's'.

I have to say that while I do 'like' steak, I also think it's an overrated meat. It's fine, but I'm not very likely to pick it at a restaurant. I always kind of associate it with people who try to hard to impress.

The owner of the restaurant also came over to check if everything was alright and if we were enjoying our food. He motioned to the otherwise empty restaurant and told us that he had arranged for us to have the place to ourselves and joked about us being V.I.P.s. I told him that yes, I am a V.I.P. because Stuart's boys are my grandsons so I was checking the place out for him - his face dropped!
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Oh. I'll just keep going with 'not-Anderson's'.

I have to say that while I do 'like' steak, I also think it's an overrated meat. It's fine, but I'm not very likely to pick it at a restaurant. I always kind of associate it with people who try to hard to impress.

I'll eat it sometimes, usually rib-eye and I've cooked it myself so I get it how I prefer it I agree it really is overrated - give me a perfectly cooked salmon any time

Comment

I'll eat it sometimes, usually rib-eye and I've cooked it myself so I get it how I prefer it I agree it really is overrated - give me a perfectly cooked salmon any time
            Oh my gosh, seriously! I love a simple, tasty salmon dish! Haven't had one in aaaaages!

Also

*puts on grumpy face*

Syfy cancelled Joe's show. I am displeased!

*huggles Joe* There, there. It's okay.
            sigpic

Comment

Salmon is my favourite fish, but I also like trout and sea bass - I usually eat fish two or three times a week

Aw! Sorry for Joe

Comment

Salmon is my favourite fish, but I also like trout and sea bass - I usually eat fish two or three times a week
                I like a good steak but I usually only eat one at home.....I know how I like it cooked and everyone else usually makes it too damn bloody or over cooked. There was only one place that I loved to go out to eat steak at that was The Lone Star Restaurant in Seal Beach, Ca. They made the best filet's and great salads. However, when I go out I prefer Chinese. Japanese or Thai food or a really good seafood place. I think trout and sea bass are my favorite but I also love Salmon. I will occasionally cook salmon or sea bass, but I don't make Asian food anymore. Way too much effort and never quite as good as a really good Asian restaurant. Actually, I love going out to eat - no dishes to clean!
                sigpic

Comment

*drops in six days late to say salmon is icky*

*nekkid*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Just salmon or all fish? I know Josi would agree with you

Comment

Almost all fish.
                      Most I really think are unpleasant to eat, and some I could eat in small amounts (like salmon, actually ). And I don't mind the 'kid' fish products, like fish sticks, which are probably made of waste...

It also depends on how it's prepared, I guess.

sigpic

Comment

It really does depend how the fish has been prepared - as a child I believed that fish either had to be fried to a crisp or mushed up, coated in breadcrumbs and, again, fried But once I escaped my mother's kitchen I learned to cook fish properly The only fish I'm not keen on is herring - way too many bones to pick out
                        Last edited by Jumble; 11 September 2017, 02:12 AM.

Comment

It really does depend how the fish has been prepared - as a child I believed that fish either had to be fried to a crisp or mushed up, coated in breadcrumbs and, again, fried But once I escaped my mother's kitchen I learned to cook fish properly The only fish I'm not keen on is herring - way too many bones to pick out
                          I love fish prepared properly. Although I am not a herring fan or an anchovy fan. I do love a properly cooked trout. Also cod and bass are excellent if cooked properly. You do notice the "properly" part right! I also don't like strong fish. I prefer the milder ones. But then maybe I'm not the person to ask because I also like haggish (as long as I don't think what it is made of I luv it!)
                          sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday,
                            Josi
                            !!!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Nad!

And thanks Jumble for my gorgeous pressies:

sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Herring is horrendous.
                                And I'm Dutch, so I know how to eat it all the proper ways.

I always try to eat the food I don't like again after a while. Sometimes taste changes over time, or you find that way of preperation you like.
                                But I draw a line at eating animals that freak me out while they're alive and hold their shape on the plate. I downright refuse to eat shrimp or bugs or things with tiny legs and eyes. I don't care if it's childish.
                                I don't need my food to stare at me.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X