X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Mmmmm Captain Tightpants

Indeed. I wouldn't kick him out of bed.

I was giggling retrospectively at all the Firefly references in Castle. It's been so long I'd forgotten/missed most of the (well I got "Shiny" in one but most have passed me by. Will make this rewatch all the more enjoyable.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    *huggles* Thanks guys.

I know that my decision has upset my Mother but unfortunately, even after all this time, I still resent how much damage was done to my family (and my childhood) by the whole situation.
    Sometimes things can't be mended. I always think people should be so careful how they speak to and treat others, because you never know where the snapping point is. It's not hurting you to back away, and they sure as heck won't care. I never get why people think death and funerals are an "excuse" to make up. if you leave it until then, then you've left it too late IMO.

Trying get some serious housework done, I have been ignoring it for far too long and it looks like lots of small nuclear bombs have gone off in various corners of my house! The fact I have Ellies' dad coming round tomorrow has not influenced my decision to do it today at all!
    Yeah... good luck with that. I have The Washing Mountain to wade through here. How I'm going to get is all dry with the way my heating is (not) behaving at the moment is beyond me.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    It is, and I'm sure he'd be disappointed in me if I didn't continue to be a little OTT about him
    Oh I'm pretty sure he relishes the attention in a not-altogether-modest way.

Using your laptop in bed is not conducive to a good night's sleep
    Especially not if you use it as a pillow.
    I rarely take it up but was feeling a bit poorly last night and it was still too early for sleep so I thought a little snuggle while watching DVDs would make me feel better. Kind of... didn't work out quite like that.

Actually, I'm about to start doing some of that (insert unmentionable word) because I have a family coming for an interview this afternoon. I don't usually do interviews at the week-end, but they currently live in Oxford and can only make it down today. They're moving into my area in a couple of months, so it makes sense to find care for their children here
    Good luck!
    sigpic

Comment

*bounces in albeit slower and slightly more hungover than usual*

AWESOME interview with Martin! Haven't had a chance to listen to all of it yet but just heard Claire's question and Martin's 'Scottish' accent response - brilliant!!

Everything crossed that Chevron get it sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

AWESOME interview with Martin! Haven't had a chance to listen to all of it yet but just heard Claire's question and Martin's 'Scottish' accent response - brilliant!!

*passes Sarai bunny helmet and aspirin*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          You're just not fussy who occupies your bed are you?

Yeah... good luck with that. I have The Washing Mountain to wade through here. How I'm going to get is all dry with the way my heating is (not) behaving at the moment is beyond me.
          Tumble dryer

Oh I'm pretty sure he relishes the attention in a not-altogether-modest way.
          This is true, otherwise why wood he mention us at all?

Especially not if you use it as a pillow.
          I rarely take it up but was feeling a bit poorly last night and it was still too early for sleep so I thought a little snuggle while watching DVDs would make me feel better. Kind of... didn't work out quite like that.
          The 'experts' say we shouldn't have tvs in our bedrooms, nor books! Bedrooms should be used only for sleeping and making love

My bedroom obviously never got that memo

Good luck!
          Thanks If it works out it'll bump up my income considerably without making me work full-time

Awesome wasn't it?

Yeah, they're leaving it a little late
          Last edited by Jumble; 09 February 2013, 05:44 AM.

Comment

*passes Sarai bunny helmet and aspirin*
            Much obliged

Awesome wasn't it?

Yeah, they're leaving it a little late
            They are, if they're worried about him not drawing crowds I really don't see that as being an issue - he's a fan favourite! Alright so we're a bit biased but there's a huge amount of people out there who might not put him forward as a 'big name' for a con, but would see his name on the list and think 'oh yeah never thought of Martin Wood, he'd be great to see'. You know what I mean?!

Comment

I am so sick of housework. But the in-laws are coming over for Sunday dinner tomorrow and if the house isn't spotless my MIL freaks out and starts cleaning instead of eating...even if the house is spotless, she cleans instead of eating. She was scrubbing my kitchen chairs last time.
              sigpic

Comment

Much obliged

They are, if they're worried about him not drawing crowds I really don't see that as being an issue - he's a fan favourite! Alright so we're a bit biased but there's a huge amount of people out there who might not put him forward as a 'big name' for a con, but would see his name on the list and think 'oh yeah never thought of Martin Wood, he'd be great to see'. You know what I mean?!
                Nope, not seeing it at all - he should be top of the list, always!

Biased? Us? Nope...........

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                  I am so sick of housework. But the in-laws are coming over for Sunday dinner tomorrow and if the house isn't spotless my MIL freaks out and starts cleaning instead of eating...even if the house is spotless, she cleans instead of eating. She was scrubbing my kitchen chairs last time.
                  If she's going to clean no matter how spotless the place is, why not just leave it and let her do it? Unpaid housemaids are always welcome at mine

Seriously, that's really rude of her and you shouldn't let her bad behaviour make you feel bad

Comment

If she's going to clean no matter how spotless the place is, why not just leave it and let her do it? Unpaid housemaids are always welcome at mine

Seriously, that's really rude of her and you shouldn't let her bad behaviour make you feel bad
                    After 13 years, I've pretty much learned to roll my eyes and laugh her off, but it really does get under my skin sometimes. Ah, the joys of in-laws. At least dinner is on time when we have Sunday dinner at our house. Not like her house, when she says dinner is on at 5:30 and we're still waiting around at 7.
                    sigpic

Comment

Next time dinner is at hers, maybe you should go into the kitchen and start interfering helping to hurry things along - I'm sure she'd love that Or maybe ask every five minutes 'Is it ready yet?''Is it ready yet?''Is it ready yet?'

I never had a MIL long enough to let one get under my skin - see? Silver lining in every cloud

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        *huggles* Thanks guys.

I know that my decision has upset my Mother but unfortunately, even after all this time, I still resent how much damage was done to my family (and my childhood) by the whole situation.

Trying get some serious housework done, I have been ignoring it for far too long and it looks like lots of small nuclear bombs have gone off in various corners of my house! The fact I have Ellies' dad coming round tomorrow has not influenced my decision to do it today at all!
                        Good luck

It is, and I'm sure he'd be disappointed in me if I didn't continue to be a little OTT about him
                        We'd be disappointed too Your reaction to these things is a big part of the delight

Btw, how are you feeling now? Completely over it I hope
                        Yes, much better now, though it was not an easy bug to shift. Went back to work Wednesday morning but only managed half a day. Did manage full days Thursday and yesterday but was still feeling pretty tired at the end of it.

Actually, I'm about to start doing some of that (insert unmentionable word) because I have a family coming for an interview this afternoon. I don't usually do interviews at the week-end, but they currently live in Oxford and can only make it down today. They're moving into my area in a couple of months, so it makes sense to find care for their children here
                        Hope it went well

I was giggling retrospectively at all the Firefly references in Castle. It's been so long I'd forgotten/missed most of the (well I got "Shiny" in one but most have passed me by. Will make this rewatch all the more enjoyable.
                        I think my favourite is the one where he speaks Chinese and then...
                        Beckett: Semester abroad?
                        Castle: No. TV show I used to love.

*crosses fingers and toes* Come on Chevron!

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                        *hugs*
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe
                          Let it go...not worth the effort or even better, send her here - she can clean all she wants....but don't confront her...she might be OCD about cleaning, and is it worth a rift in the family over it...consider it!

And I have had the same problem listening to the interview as well. Going to listen to the whole interview earlier in the day so I won't fall asleep next to my laptop.

Originally posted by Jumble
                          Good luck with the interview although I know it will go well. And look Jumble, everything is working out fine....all that worry wort stuff wasn't necessary. We all know how great you are with the kids...you have to have more faith in yourself and the "PTB" because they would be foolish now to keep sending little kids your way.

Originally posted by Madness reigns
                          MR- sometimes you have to do what is best for you. Even though your Mom is upset, I think it is more about the loss of her family member and not so much at you.
                          sigpic

Comment

My MIL is a dear soul - she actually lived with us for about 17 years. Most wonderful, non-interfering, sharer of recipies, comforter of small children, and generally good-natured. She lives with her younger son these days. She's getting up there in years now - nearing 90. She still goes like 60 and looks it too! I've had a better relationship with her than I ever had with my own mother.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, and about laptops and beds - It is a *very* rare occasion that I don't use my laptop while sitting on my bed. When I can't sleep (unfortunately too frequently) or wake far too early, I get my lappy and do some work and surf the net etc.
                              sigpic

Comment

Why is it the moment I'm ready to go out somewhere I get the start of a migrane. And I don't get the one with pain (thank goodness) but I get the one that puts out a weird psychadelic U shaped design that interferes with my vision. So I can't drive. Actually been getting them for about 30 years but never knew it was a migrane until it started happening at the doctors once and she told me what it was. They last anywhere for 15 mins to about an hour. Never any longer. Which is why I sat in my car for about 30 mins after the appt. Can't drive with weird images in your line of site!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X