Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cags!

*hugs WooHoos*

I think we should have a Paralympics Party.
    I agree, the athletes get way too little recognition for what they've accomplished.

And is that a 7 in 7 challenge? Cool!

Love them Jumble
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Evening all

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      *emerges blinking from post Olympic flotsam*

Er, folks what's going on? I turned on the telly this morning and, instead of the lovely Ben Ainslie, or the wry Bradley Wiggins... or the simply illegal (well almost) Tom Daley... there was some bloke and and some woman wandering around semi derilict houses. Then a big fella moaning about cowboy builders?

Waaah, bring back my Olympics!
      ^This. I miss the Olympics already

Good to see you back though Cags *squishy huggles*

*waves to everyone*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I too, am going through Olympic withdrawal.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Hello, Crags! *waves*

I agree that the paralympic athletes should be more recognition.
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Cags!

*hugs WooHoos*

I agree, the athletes get way too little recognition for what they've accomplished.
            Any excuse, huh?

Or none, I guess

And is that a 7 in 7 challenge? Cool!

Love them Jumble
            Thanks Yes it is - we decided it's better to put all 7 into one image to save having to do loads of posts full of little icons

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the 'lympics are over, done, finished!!!
              Noooooo!!!!!!!!

Still, as you say, nice for those not into it all to have something else but sport to watch. Even Ian beale appears to have lost the plot over it.

I actually felt offended on behalf of the Paralympic contestants - they make a HUGE thing about the end of the Olympics and putting out the flame, then just mention in passing that there are still the Paralympics to go, like they're nothing to do with the main event Just rude!
              Apparently (and I only found this out because a FB friend made a similar comment and someone replied) the Paralympics have their own torch relay (starts August 24th) and their own flame. This is why the Olympic one is extinguished. Obviously the TV coverage won't be as prominent though but I shall be watching.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Excuses, excuses. here's hoping they don't dope test the audience then.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Evening all

^This. I miss the Olympics already
              Me too. It was awesome. I'll be the first to admit when we won the bid I moaned along with all the other Londoners about how much it was going to cost etc. But... oh how proud and how happy I am we hosted them and pulled a blinder of a games. Worth the disruption; worth every penny. It really has inspired a generation. Benjabubs, loved finding out about all the different sports and, by the way, wants to be a gymnast now. Hard to believe he wasn't even conceived when we won the games and he's been able to be part of it. I wonder if we'll have a victory parade for TeamGB winners?

By the way, that Mo Farah bloke? He went to my junior and my secondary school. He was in the same class as my nephew. *nods* yep. I'll be looking out for the golden postboxes around here; he's knocked Freddie Mercury of top spot as our most loved famous local now. *iz proud*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Posters/nexttime.jpg[/IMG]
              If only!

What a lovely welcome back. I really need to go to bed but I've been watching 4x23 Castle and admiring perfection so all a bit hyper.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Noooooo!!!!!!!!

Still, as you say, nice for those not into it all to have something else but sport to watch. Even Ian beale appears to have lost the plot over it.

Apparently (and I only found this out because a FB friend made a similar comment and someone replied) the Paralympics have their own torch relay (starts August 24th) and their own flame. This is why the Olympic one is extinguished. Obviously the TV coverage won't be as prominent though but I shall be watching.
                Ah, I see. But I do think that should have been mentioned rather than just 'Oh yeah, the Paralympics will be in a couple of weeks' and no details

What a lovely welcome back. I really need to go to bed but I've been watching 4x23 Castle and admiring perfection so all a bit hyper.
                I didn't know you felt that way about Beckett

Comment

*bounces into thread* Just downloaded my boarding passes ready for Saturday... not looking forward to going away too much

And just because I can.................

sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

*bounces out of thread*
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow! That was a nice Martinspam MR - perked my day up enormously

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Wow! That was a nice Martinspam MR - perked my day up enormously
                              I think that's about the limit of my MartinSpam...... just don't have the picture repertoire that you have
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                                I think that's about the limit of my MartinSpam...... just don't have the picture repertoire that you have
                                Ah, but you have some of the best ones

And I don't have many - only about 8k +

Comment

Working...
                                X