The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    I can too. I think most lefties can - comes of struggling to live in a predominantly right-handed world
    Hmm...probably yes; or because there is just one way to do stuff and we got used to it. I know in "the olden days" when my granddad grew up he had to learn to write with right and got hit if he didn't do that...aka he was forced to do everything with the right hand....
    Don't know why that was btw....forgot that.

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Hmmmm! Is it genetically decided?
    Yep.
    sigpic

Comment

Well maybe that is why I use both hands - creative in a clutsy way!
      Yay for creative spazzes!

I can too. I think most lefties can - comes of struggling to live in a predominantly right-handed world

Hmmmm! Is it genetically decided?
      YUP! It's a recessive trait.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Hmm...probably yes; or because there is just one way to do stuff and we got used to it. I know in "the olden days" when my granddad grew up he had to learn to write with right and got hit if he didn't do that...aka he was forced to do everything with the right hand....
        Don't know why that was btw....forgot that. Yep.
        Superstition....they believed the devil was behind those that were lefties.... Goes back to the times when if you didn't understand something - don't look for a reasonable or logical answer - blame it on evil beings!

Hmmmm! Come to think of it....sounds a little like these times too!
        sigpic

Comment

Superstition....they believed the devil was behind those that were lefties.... Goes back to the times when if you didn't understand something - don't look for a reasonable or logical answer - blame it on evil beings!

LOL. Indeed.

Hey! 2000th post! Now I get to use the lovely avi that Josi made me.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hey that is why I pay you the "big bucks" to be my editor!
            You do? *checks bank balance* Those big bucks obviously haven't arrived yet..........

Don't know why that was btw....forgot that.

Yep.
            Yep, got your left hand whacked with a ruler if the teacher caught you writing with it

I think with some of us, they could be right

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              LOL. Indeed.

Oh! I'm allowed to pick my own AVI now?
              sigpic

Comment

I think so! If I can figure out how to do it, lol
                sigpic

Comment

I think so! If I can figure out how to do it, lol
                  Somewhere in your profile....I know, not a lot of help!
                  sigpic

Comment

My mother and brother are lefties too, but none of my grandparents were so I've no idea where it came from
                    It fell outta the air!

Yes!!!! I love that too In fact I often wonder how those poor righties manage
                    They don't

I mean even something simple as drinking...how do you drink and type/use your mouse at the same time?
                    Yep, got your left hand whacked with a ruler if the teacher caught you writing with it
                    That's it yes! Couldn't think of the word in English...plus I was at work so trying to be subtle about being on GW

I think with some of us, they could be right
                    Talkin' about yourself dear?
                    sigpic

Comment

Own avatar:

Go to my controls - choose avatar (on left side menu) and then there on top it asks if you want to upload your own. You give them a link(computer or PB or whatever) then scroll down and "save" on the bottom!

It's quite easy
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, I have to get going....have an appointment to keep and need to change my clothes. Yes I already am dressed....don't hang in my pj's all the time!

See you all tomorrow!
                        sigpic

Comment

One of my goals this spring is to start playing my guitar again (acoustic). It's been a dog's age, but it kind of fits in with the musical things I'm working on. So today was my first day. 25 minutes and my fingers are SO SORE. I use lightweight strings on my guitar too. Hopefully I'll get my calluses back soon.

Wish I had something more fangirly to share. Hmm... I was actually thinking today about if/when I should donate back my AT5 auction win for another auction. AT6? Or perhaps one of the S4K online auctions? That's probably the best bet... but it does happen to be a Stargate item and not a Sanctuary item, so maybe they wouldn't want it and I should wait to AT6? I dunno. Anyone got any thoughts?
                          With regard to the auction item, it may be best to contact Gabit and see what they say.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by llp
                            Own avatar:

Go to my controls - choose avatar (on left side menu) and then there on top it asks if you want to upload your own. You give them a link(computer or PB or whatever) then scroll down and "save" on the bottom!

It's quite easy
                            Just make sure whatever picture you choose (if other than one provided by GW) fits the size limitations on GW.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              With regard to the auction item, it may be best to contact Gabit and see what they say.
                              They'll say to wait till Jann has the money to buy it
                              sigpic

Comment

Third day in-a-row here. Where is all that courage coming from?

Thanks for the banner Jumble. I'd green you but GW seems to think I've done it too much recently, so you'll have to leave with hugs only! ;D *huggles Jumble*

Hey Woohoos!

Got tipped off earlier by Sanna that Amanda posted A message on the s4k website. They are doing another online auction next week! Was kind of hoping to be able to bid on a set tour next time they did one... Going to have to take a serious look at my budget in light of new developments to see if it's feasible. We'll see. If not I'll just pour my energies into publicity for the June songs for s4k and hope we can raise them a nice chunk of change.
                                That's awesome! I read the post!. It looks like things are going well for them. It makes me happy. ^^

It's so unfair to be young and not have enough money for these things
                                I hear ya!

I wanted to save up to go to Dragon Con in September, so I would finally get to meet Amanda. (And there are a few cool Star Trek peeps that will be there too!) It's around my birthday also (The Con is September 2-5, my Birthday is September 9th.), so it'd be a nice gift from myself to myself. But with a set tour coming in the auction, I don't know.

I know the things go for a lot of money, and I'd actually have to fly to Vancouver also, but I'd get to meet a lot of people from Sanctuary and have an amazing experience. Plus, it's in the summer, so I could maybe turn it into a short vacation. I don't know what I want to do... I guess I'll see when the auction starts. *sighs*

Jann's right. Being young is unfair, fandom-wise. ;P

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                *takes an aspirin*
                                *goes to have hot milk with honey*
                                *hopes that she'll feel better tomorrow*
                                *huggles Chemmy* Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

1. I started playing mainly because of my mom. She was a phenomenal player. My parents were giant hippies and it rubbed off on me. I was weaned on folk music and love folk guitar. In fact, my guitar belonged to my mother. Learning to play was my way of trying to connect with her. There's a beautiful photo of her playing it shortly after I was born, with her hair down to her waist.
                                That's awesome. And the picture is beautiful.

Mature adult
                                You too??? D'oh! I need to do something about my reputation around here
                                Too late.
                                *has a giggle fit*

Probably. ;P

Yes!!!! I love that too In fact I often wonder how those poor righties manage
                                I'm a righty and you don't EVER want to see me even TRY to do something with my left hand. It'll end up disastrous. Hahaha!

YUP! It's a recessive trait.
                                Really? Hey, we can also learn things aroung here. ;D

Congrats!
                                *throws confettis in the air*
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X