Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    *waves*

Going to a big black tie gala tonight. My new dress didn't arrive yet, so I'm going to have to wear an old one and hope it looks okay. But I do get to wear my new shoes. OMG stilettos. I haven't worn real heels in forever. I love wedges, so putting on a pair of stilty shoes is going to be interesting.
    Just remember to walk slowly and wiggle

I'm still processing the fact that 6 mos after completing treatment, my voice teacher's cancer has come back. She is now getting ready to go into another 6 months of chemo. This woman is the most amazing, understanding human being. Not to mention a phenomenal teacher and technician. Frak cancer. For real.
    Cancer seems to have a way of searching out all the best people to destroy

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    That must be very disturbing...
    Yes, it is...........

But yeah. Dreamy.
    Gosh, I so hope there's no lurking now... How high school is that? ''Oooh, Martin is soooooo dreamy!''
    Exactly

And he's not dreamy......... that sort of infers stunning looks but no brain, and he definitely has a brain

And a stunning personality, and awesome eyes........... and gorgeous..... um......... No, definitely not a day for anyone to be lurking

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Just remember to walk slowly and wiggle
      Will keep that in mind.

Cancer seems to have a way of searching out all the best people to destroy
      Indeed. I'd like cancer to take a vacation from my loved ones for at least a few years.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Will keep that in mind.
        Good. It's important to develop the stiletto sway

Indeed. I'd like cancer to take a vacation from my loved ones for at least a few years.
        Oh for a magic lamp with a genie to grant us three wishes. First on the list wood be that an effective and painless cure for cancer be found

*tosses hand grenade into S/J thread and runs away*

Comment

Jumble! I can't believe you just said that on the Ship thread Pro Laira in combination with Jack 'wanting'? Troll.

*waves*

Going to a big black tie gala tonight. My new dress didn't arrive yet, so I'm going to have to wear an old one and hope it looks okay. But I do get to wear my new shoes. OMG stilettos. I haven't worn real heels in forever. I love wedges, so putting on a pair of stilty shoes is going to be interesting.

I'm still processing the fact that 6 mos after completing treatment, my voice teacher's cancer has come back. She is now getting ready to go into another 6 months of chemo. This woman is the most amazing, understanding human being. Not to mention a phenomenal teacher and technician. Frak cancer. For real.
          Heck yes!

And he's not dreamy......... that sort of infers stunning looks but no brain, and he definitely has a brain

And a stunning personality, and awesome eyes........... and gorgeous..... um......... No, definitely not a day for anyone to be lurking
          *blinks*
          ...so. yes. dreamy.

Dreamy in a totally brainy way.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

My timing is amazing.

Ah, but waiting makes it all much more special.
            No. It doesn't

Spoiler:
            He's never been very buff, but yeah. I didn't think it was shocking, but still. I guess so.
            *huggles J-Yo*

Spoiler:
            He's had a tough year

Comment

Jumble! I can't believe you just said that on the Ship thread Pro Laira in combination with Jack 'wanting'? Troll.

I do like to stir the pot occasionally

Besides, what I said is right!

Edit: And I see they're all so stunned that nobody's managed a reply yet

Heck yes!

*blinks*
              ...so. yes. dreamy.

Dreamy in a totally brainy way.
              Hm.

Dreamy as in the effect he has. Yes. That makes sense

*wanders off into yet another Martin daydream*

*runz back in to clarify*

As in, dreaming that next time I meet him I'll actually be able to articulate some sensible questions instead of been totally dumbstruck by being in the same room as him.

Or even on the same continent

Comment

No. It doesn't

*huggles J-Yo*

Spoiler:
                He's had a tough year
                Worth a try...

*nods and huggles J-Yo too*

I do like to stir the pot occasionally

Besides, what I said is right!
                *shakes head*
                Why don't you go and tell 'em that ''It was Sam'', that Grace is Jack and Laira's love child and that after her trip on Atlantis, Sam completely fell for Sheppard and is sooo married to him, huh?

Ok. Maybe the last part is more something I wood say.

And I have to admit that now that I'm not as ''Shippy Stubborn'' as I used to be, I do think that Jack did what he wanted to do. As much as I love the theatrical idea of ''meant to be romance'', I hardly see him pining away for Sam in that way. Jack, IMHO, isn't the One True Love kind of guy.

Hm.

Dreamy as in the effect he has. Yes. That makes sense

*wanders off into yet another Martin daydream*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Worth a try...

*nods and huggles J-Yo too*
                  I so hurt for him

*shakes head*
                  Why don't you go and tell 'em that ''It was Sam'', that Grace is Jack and Laira's love child and that after her trip on Atlantis, Sam completely fell for Sheppard and is sooo married to him, huh?
                  Ohhhhh don't tempt me!

Ok. Maybe the last part is more something I wood say.
                  And who's to say you woodn't be right? That Shep is some awsome guy, and despite his dumb facade he actually does unerstand all the techno stuff so they'd be pretty well matched. And I have to tell you, being with the younger Shep wood be much more fun than putting up with the grumpy older Jack

And I have to admit that now that I'm not as ''Shippy Stubborn'' as I used to be, I do think that Jack did what he wanted to do. As much as I love the theatrical idea of ''meant to be romance'', I hardly see him pining away for Sam in that way. Jack, IMHO, isn't the One True Love kind of guy.
                  Of course he did! 100 days is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. No, if he truly loved Sam and only Sam, he wood never have cheated on her with Laira. Faithful men who really love their partners just don't do that.

Edit: Oooooh! I think I killed the S/J thread! Either that or I've stunned them into silence

Comment

I so hurt for him
                    Yeah. There's a moment in the last ep that made me think of him, instead of seeing Tesla there.
                    I might share that after the ep airs, but you know...

Gosh, fandom really makes you look at TV in a totally different way.

Ohhhhh don't tempt me!

And who's to say you woodn't be right? That Shep is some awsome guy, and despite his dumb facade he actually does unerstand all the techno stuff so they'd be pretty well matched. And I have to tell you, being with the younger Shep wood be much more fun than putting up with the grumpy older Jack
                    Oh, do it. Just do it. Do it.

Ah. SamShep. You're right. That all AND... Shep has Awesome Hair.

Of course he did! 100 days is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. No, if he truly loved Sam and only Sam, he wood never have cheated on her with Laira. Faithful men who really love their partners just don't do that.
                    At that time in the show? Love? Hm... I've been shipping Sam and Jack since the pilot, but nope. I don't think the ''true love'' happened untill much later. I don't think Jack loved Laira either. He was being naughty.

EDIT: No GW, this is not serious discussion. Hence me using the word 'naughty'.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah. There's a moment in the last ep that made me think of him, instead of seeing Tesla there.
                      I might share that after the ep airs, but you know...
                      Oh lord! Is it Tuesday yet?

Gosh, fandom really makes you look at TV in a totally different way.
                      It sure does. Good thing though, don't you think?

Oh, do it. Just do it. Do it.
                      Hm. Well I guess it can't hurt...... me

Ah. SamShep. You're right. That all AND... Shep has Awesome Hair.
                      Now you're just being shallow. I really liked Shep, he's an awesome guy

But yes, AWESOME hair

At that time in the show? Love? Hm... I've been shipping Sam and Jack since the pilot, but nope. I don't think the ''true love'' happened untill much later. I don't think Jack loved Laira either. He was being naughty.
                      He was being a guy. A lot of guys have a totally different slant on the love/sex thing. Some women have a totally different slant on the love/sex thing. I'll put my hands up to that, because until I experienced absolute and total true love I really didn't understand the distinction and acted accordingly.

EDIT: No GW, this is not serious discussion. Hence me using the word 'naughty'.

*cough*

No, definitely not a serious discussion.......... except that I'm being totally serious

Comment

Oh brother. 100 days...Well, they weren't madly in love from the moment they met, fcol. I mean, there was chemistry, but we don't even see a more shippy turn to their relationship until season 4. Really. In fact, having 100 days followed directly by Shades of Gray shows TPTB pulling S/J apart at that time, only to have them come inevitably back together in season 4. If there wasn't that pattern of growing together and apart, then they'd end up like Young and JT and WHOOPS! So...yeah...from a writer point of view, you can't have them getting too close too long, and from a character point of view, one or both of them must realize what's going on and go, "wait a minute..." and start putting distance between them. And really...er...*looks around*...nevermind...

EDIT: And I'm SORRY that Jack isn't the PERFECT guy that the S/J thread thinks he should be and can't read Sam's mind and know how much she's been missing him. Good grief. He's just a (fictional) man, fcol.

EDIT2: Such a good thing I don't go to that thread anymore...
                        Last edited by Luvnjoe; 06 November 2010, 02:19 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ooh, Jumble, you are naughty!

But, yeah, what LJ said.
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            Oh brother. 100 days...Well, they weren't madly in love from the moment they met, fcol. I mean, there was chemistry, but we don't even see a more shippy turn to their relationship until season 4. Really. In fact, having 100 days followed directly by Shades of Gray shows TPTB pulling S/J apart at that time, only to have them come inevitably back together in season 4. If there wasn't that pattern of growing together and apart, then they'd end up like Young and JT and WHOOPS! So...yeah...from a writer point of view, you can't have them getting too close too long, and from a character point of view, one or both of them go must realize they're what's going on and go, "wait a minute..." and start putting distance between them. And really...er...*looks around*...nevermind...
                            But you're right LJ. It used to really tick me off when I got jumped on for airing my views on 100 Days, when the fact is that Jack and Sam were not together, they were not in love at that point, and there was absolutely no reason why Jack woodn't do what he did with Laira.. Between Jack and Sam there was a mutual attraction and respect, but nothing deeper. Why woodn't he have a dalliance with Laira while he was waiting to be rescued? And why woodn't she do her best to get from him the one thing that she wanted? Jeez, how many of us woodn't in those circumstances?

Ok, yes, me, I woodn't. Not with Jack anyway

*remembers a certain conversation at a WooHooMeet*

Yes

Edit: And we weren't talking about Jack/RDA

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Ooh, Jumble, you are naughty!

But, yeah, what LJ said.
                              *polishes halo*

You're right LJ, Jack wasn't perfect. No man is.

Except of course our Martin, who woodn't dream of being unfaithful because he loves his wife and family too much.

Damn!

Yes, I've still got him up on that pedestal

Comment

But you're right LJ. It used to really tick me off when I got jumped on for airing my views on 100 Days, when the fact is that Jack and Sam were not together, they were not in love at that point, and there was absolutely no reason why Jack woodn't do what he did with Laira.. Between Jack and Sam there was a mutual attraction and respect, but nothing deeper. Why woodn't he have a dalliance with Laira while he was waiting to be rescued? And why woodn't she do her best to get from him the one thing that she wanted? Jeez, how many of us woodn't in those circumstances?

Ok, yes, me, I woodn't. Not with Jack anyway

*remembers a certain conversation at a WooHooMeet*

Yes

Edit: And we weren't talking about Jack/RDA
                                Oh well.

Have I mentioned today that I totally adore Joe? I do. *dreamy sigh*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X