No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...one of my classes is online...and me being you know...me...() I wait till the very last minute to do the work. And of course since I procrastinate I didn't look at it until now...and realized I have twice the work I had last week.... Not cool...especially when it's 4:30 (It's due by midnight tonight) and I have a ton of that homework AND I have to study for my Pre-calculus class. (Though my English class is canceled tomorrow so I suppose I can do it then. )

This is why students shouldn't procrastinate!!!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      Opinions differ. I like the depth of the episode! I must say Lost City is a close second...as is Threads! I loooooove threads

And ROFL, as you've probably noticed the last few days I'm an Olympic games watcher, and apparently the Dutch fans in Vancouver have been declared crazy. The Canadians just cannot understand our love for speed skating and our...clothes(orange with hats, scarfs, paint etc(like a football/soccer fan))

it's just too funny to read the articles...example article; explaining the crazy Dutch love for speed skating

They just don't get how much the speed skating is woven into our national identity...
      Seriously. How could one no see the tension of a ride? The game with the seconds, the glory of being the fastest on two mere steel blades? The beauty of the rythm and most importantly... of ''Pootje over''?
      Haven't they ever spend all day skating on frozen rivers and puddles, feeling their cheeks tingle and getting numb fingers from the cold, and loving it? Should we send them some ''koek en zopie''?
      Speedskating is by far the most heroic and historically awesome sport at the Winter Olympics! And the orange wave is cool.

I so wish Erben Wennemars was there...

*blinks*
      Too OT?
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Wow...do I really read that Amanda is learning not to procrastinate...

*faints*

Good luck with the homework though!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          They just don't get how much the speed skating is woven into our national identity...
          Seriously. How could one no see the tension of a ride? The game with the seconds, the glory of being the fastest on two mere steel blades? The beauty of the rythm and most importantly... of ''Pootje over''?
          Haven't they ever spend all day skating on frozen rivers and puddles, feeling their cheeks tingle and getting numb fingers from the cold, and loving it? Should we send them some ''koek en zopie''?
          Speedskating is by far the most heroic and historically awesome sport at the Winter Olympics! And the orange wave is cool.

*blinks*
          Too OT?
          and don't forget about the "erwtensoep" and "unox worst" . Also "kleintje pils" (the marching band), it's just awesome. The atmosphere and just being crazy(aka yourself).
          As for the skating, look at all those guys in those tight lycra suits, you can see everything so you immediately know what kind of...meat...you're looking at*adjusts halo*. It's just a very kinky sport!

Ooohhh and the skating on the rivers and the little ponds; how I love thee! I learned to skate on those So much fun! I miss doing it this winter...stupid snow doesn't make the ice thick enough so we can skate on it

Not too much OT for me...for others perhaps...I don't know

PS. I must say I'm more of a guys speed skating fan than a womens speed skating fan...
          sigpic

Comment

Opinions differ. I like the depth of the episode! I must say Lost City is a close second...as is Threads! I loooooove threads
            Lost City? Yes! Threads? Not really. I guess I'm not really that much of a shipper, huh? Although I've always loved Upgrades and D&C......... and Solitudes of course

And ROFL, as you've probably noticed the last few days I'm an Olympic games watcher, and apparently the Dutch fans in Vancouver have been declared crazy. The Canadians just cannot understand our love for speed skating and our...clothes(orange with hats, scarfs, paint etc(like a football/soccer fan))

it's just too funny to read the articles...example article; explaining the crazy Dutch love for speed skating
            See, I think everyone involved in all those sports are crazy

This one, thanks

And see? Now imagine what it's like when it really isn't there!
            Bad, really bad

Actually, I've been searching for weeks for a pic that I know I have, but I just can't find it it wood help if I could remember where it came from, since my filing system is based on that I'll find it one day...........

Haha

For me it's probably Lost City.
            *nods*
            Yep, that's high on my list

*blinks*
            Too OT?
            I'm with the Canadians on this. You're all crazy

OT? What's OT on this thread?

Oh yeah, I remember.......... RDA!

*runz*

Comment

*sigh*

It's snowing. A LOT
              My boss called to say I can close early.
              I hear photoshop whispering my name across the winds.

However, there just has to be a however.

The snow is so bad that the roads are dangerous and the traffic is awful and it's too dangerous to leave.

I am at a wine shop with no customers and it's the wine shop I had to drive to (of course )

and not the one I could have walked to because that would have been too easy.

So now my PC is virus free and I can actually use it instead of doing battle with it and I don't have any actual work to do so I can play all I want in PS...

but it's on my laptop
              which is at home
              where i can't get to it

*sigh*
              sigpic

Comment

*hugs* Bree

Jumble We're not crazy.

You asked for those...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  So...one of my classes is online...and me being you know...me...() I wait till the very last minute to do the work. And of course since I procrastinate I didn't look at it until now...and realized I have twice the work I had last week.... Not cool...especially when it's 4:30 (It's due by midnight tonight) and I have a ton of that homework AND I have to study for my Pre-calculus class. (Though my English class is canceled tomorrow so I suppose I can do it then. )

This is why students shouldn't procrastinate!!!
                  *sighs and shakes head*

and don't forget about the "erwtensoep" and "unox worst" . Also "kleintje pils" (the marching band), it's just awesome. The atmosphere and just being crazy(aka yourself).
                  As for the skating, look at all those guys in those tight lycra suits, you can see everything so you immediately know what kind of...meat...you're looking at*adjusts halo*. It's just a very kinky sport!

Ooohhh and the skating on the rivers and the little ponds; how I love thee! I learned to skate on those So much fun! I miss doing it this winter...stupid snow doesn't make the ice thick enough so we can skate on it

Not too much OT for me...for others perhaps...I don't know

PS. I must say I'm more of a guys speed skating fan than a womens speed skating fan...
                  *nods about it all*
                  Yeah... Men's speed skating. *happy sigh*

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Bad, really bad

Actually, I've been searching for weeks for a pic that I know I have, but I just can't find it it wood help if I could remember where it came from, since my filing system is based on that I'll find it one day...........

Good luck *nods*

I'm with the Canadians on this. You're all crazy

OT? What's OT on this thread?

Oh yeah, I remember.......... RDA!

*runz*
                  *blinks*
                  No one sees it... The Dutch are just too darned ...hip.

And *giggles*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*hugs Bree*

Here's an update of the ''Can't take that away'' project:

And yeah, I do realise they're not all high standard, but come on... It's about ten sigs!

EDIT: No, the Coopie & Amanda one is not meant to be shippy!

sigpic

Comment

Loooooooooooovely Nad

And Awwww*sob* A Dutchie just fell with speed skating She's crying now...

I still prefer guy skating though...
                      sigpic

Comment

*hugs* Bree

Jumble We're not crazy.

<modded for OTness>
                        You asked for those...
                        I wood never ask for those

Nad, are you saying Martin sings off key? I'll tell him you said that........... then he'll know that the Dutch are really crazy

The sigs are great, stop putting yourself down you....... you... artist you!

Love the colouring on the DK one

Comment

*saunters in*

Most watched episodes you say? Hmm, close run thing between Lost City and Divide & Conquer

I'm definitely a shipper.

And a Woohoo!

Nad! The artwork is Awesome!

EDIT: No, the Coopie & Amanda one is not meant to be shippy!
                          Umm, but I like that idea.

Coopie and Tappie, sitting in a tree... K.I.S.S.I.N.G....

*huggles LJ for pain relief*

*huggles Josi for poorlyness*

*huggles Bree for snowed-in-ness* Although, hmm, being trapped in a wind shop sounds like my kind of bliss.

*huggles Amanda for the workload*

Regarding the winter olympics. Personally I think all the winter sports are bloody mad. Most involve travelling and stupid speeds riding on either a tea tray or a couple of thin, sharp pieces of metal and wearing little more than a condom. Even figure skating involves the girl sticking her bladed foot up next to the guy's dangly bits.

*shudders*

There's only really the curling that's sane... if you can call synchonised sweeping sane.

Although, I confess, the snowboarding had me rivetted yesterday, the hockey today and the pairs skating... because I have always had a secret (ok not so secret given the fact I used to go skating weekly before they tore down Richmond rink) passion for figure skating.

And, like a scab, I have been pick pick picking at that discussion thread and stuck my oar in again. Don't go read. No really, don't.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, tell me 'don't, and what will I do?

Comment

ROFL on the "condom suits" Cags...and curling? Really? I find that boring...but then again I have a need for speed
                              Ooohhh and the figure skating was beautiful, I *loved* the pair who got silver! (only saw the long thing they needed to do) and the snowboarding was cool too. I didn't knew it involved real competition(4 people on one track) but it was more like everytime one single person on the track...The match thing was cool!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                                <snip>

Amanda, Lj, Nad. Yessika, Cags, Tea'lc_PI (THANK YOU!), Oma, Wendy, Bekki, and Sarai did I miss anyone?
                                *hugs and apologies if I did*

So far no more virus Thank you so much to Tea'lc_PI and Cags for virus help. When all was said and done the virus had replicated itself over 295 times! I would never have been able to get rid of it with what I had so again thank you for pointing me to some awesome software that actually worked.

<snip>
                                Oh, I'm so glad I could help you out! Another virus bites the dust
                                sigpic
                                ~the guitarists~

Comment

Working...
                                X