No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll be taken away on Monday and I'll have to drive some character-less courtesy car until he's fixed - and pay the £250 excess on the insurance. On the upside, because I had a child in the car the insurance company have told me to buy a new child seat and they'll pay for it

But still........ very upset that my precious Woody has been damaged

Comment

Always very distressing when something happens to my car...I call my car " my pair of legs" because I don't have everything at a walking distance, as I did when I lived in the middle of my town.

But hey: you're okay,the child is okay. That's what matters. Have an extra sip of wine or a chocolate bar...or both
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I need my car to do my job - picking up the children, taking them to toddler groups, taking them to pre-school etc.

Yes, we're all ok and no lasting damage done - but make that an extra bottle of wine

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          I broke Woody......
          Don't worry - Woody will mend, be spruced up and be returned to you all
          ok!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Don't worry - Woody will mend, be spruced up and be returned to you all
            ok!
            Yes he will - nine hours after the event I'm finally feeling better about it

Comment

I went out to buy a new child's car seat and discovered that I am now paranoid about reversing That little bump obviously affected me more than I realised I'm sure it'll wear off after awhile *crosses fingers*.

Comment

aww. *hug* I am sure you'll regain your confidence in yourself soon.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks, I do hope so - I back off my driveway at least 3 times a day so I need to be able to do it confidently. I feel stupid for letting it affect me

Comment

Thanks, I do hope so - I back off my driveway at least 3 times a day so I need to be able to do it confidently. I feel stupid for letting it affect me
                    These things happen, don't let it bother you. Woody will be patched up good as new and with a little time, you will forget all about this and get back to more important things like your 3 Musketeers! (or is it 4 of them now?)
                    sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

I went out to buy a new child's car seat and discovered that I am now paranoid about reversing That little bump obviously affected me more than I realised I'm sure it'll wear off after awhile *crosses fingers*.
                      It's good that it affects you so much. It only just happened and I wood be much more concerned about your driving abilities if you just shook it off and did not care about it having happenined at all. At least it shows you're not one of those 'nothing ever happens to me, so let's drive like an a-hole'- kind of people.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      These things happen, don't let it bother you. Woody will be patched up good as new and with a little time, you will forget all about this and get back to more important things like your 3 Musketeers! (or is it 4 of them now?)
                      Probably only one.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

That's an interesting way to look at it Nad - your're probably right

Woody has gone off to get fixed and I have a sliver Hyundai sitting on the drive - haven't driven it yet.

Really glad I'm not working tomorrow as I have had a thumping headache and runny nose all day - duvet day for me tomorrow with losts lemon juice and paracetamol

Comment

I think I've found the cure for the common cold - a day in bed with Athos lots of fluids and sinex Definitely feeling much better today

Comment

That's an interesting way to look at it Nad - your're probably right

Woody has gone off to get fixed and I have a sliver Hyundai sitting on the drive - haven't driven it yet.
                            Does it feel like cheating?

Really glad I'm not working tomorrow as I have had a thumping headache and runny nose all day - duvet day for me tomorrow with losts lemon juice and paracetamol
                            I think I've found the cure for the common cold - a day in bed with Athos lots of fluids and sinex Definitely feeling much better today
                            Didn't you use the Athos-method before?
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Does it feel like cheating?
                              It does a bit, but Woody has nothing to worry about - the Hyundai is too low, I can't figure out how to turn the lights off, the doors lock automatically about 30 seconds after I move off, the boot isn't big enough to accomodate my pushchair, it doesn't have a digital speedometer, I can't see the indicater light because the steering wheel is in the way and there is no 'click-click' so I have to keep ducking my head to see if it's on or not, the wipers are not automatic, and small silver cars are so common it takes me a few minutes to figure out which one is mine in the car park I like the CD player - it states the title and artist for each song on CDs that I've recorded myself, which saves me trying to remember who it was that sang it but it doesn't have the controls on the steering wheel. I definitely want my Woody back - should be about a week, hopefully.

Didn't you use the Athos-method before?
                              I tend to apply the Athos-method to pretty much everything

Because it works
                              Last edited by Jumble; 23 June 2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Nothing wrong with sticking with what works.
                                That goes for the car as well as the Athos- method.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X