The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

We don't all watch shows for shirtless men.
    Some watch for other things.

Like sexy hair.

Ugh

In moderation, maybe.
    I won't stand by with tweezers...
    *looks at the open-shirted hot guy in Nad's sig and avi*

What you do says a LOT more than you actually say

Comment

I feel left out on this discussion - I watch shows because of the story line and interesting characters - not to see shirtless (usually underweight) men. Mind you = I prefer men to look at, but I'm beginning to think that the really good stories recently have been written for women. Men are becoming more and more "eye candy" or strictly there as antagonists rather then really solid good characters in a show. Just my opinion.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        *looks at the open-shirted hot guy in Nad's sig and avi*

What you do says a LOT more than you actually say
        This is very true.
        I just spend months with a 'girls rule sig' and now I'm surrounding myself with pretty things. I am not aplogizing, darn it!

He's not sans shirt though.

...I left those pictures on the interwebs.

Originally posted by llp View Post
        I feel left out on this discussion - I watch shows because of the story line and interesting characters - not to see shirtless (usually underweight) men. Mind you = I prefer men to look at, but I'm beginning to think that the really good stories recently have been written for women. Men are becoming more and more "eye candy" or strictly there as antagonists rather then really solid good characters in a show. Just my opinion.
        Well yes.
        But I still believe that women are still much more used in that way. Even the strong leading ladies still have to be above avarage beautiful, while (IMO) leading men are much less 'pretty'. Look at any super hero flick and watch the kick ass chick be gorgeous, even if she just got beat up. When men look their age, they're 'character actors' and when women do, they 'look old'. Yes, there luckily are more good stories for women, but it hardly makes them less eye candy.

And the shirtless part comes from America being too prudish for on-screen boobs. Here, everyone is equally shirtless.
        *hides*

Having said that...
        I do usually prefer 'my' eye candy men in clothes.
        Like I said, it's the hair that matters most, not the nipple.
        In fact, it's often not even the 'pretty face', but as Jumble pointed out, my word means very little at the moment.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Totally agree with you Nad, and don't get me wrong - I watch a lot of shows that don't have partifularly attractive mail actors/characters - it's just that the shows with the eye candy I find more worthy of my attention and artwork

As Poldark, Aidan Turner taking off his shirt was nice to see because he happens to have a particularly good-looking torso - admiration where it's earned

And Nad - the open-shirt is often much more attractive than the shirt-less

I'm sure Sarai will confirm that when Martin became shirtless at the Sanctuary con I actually looked the other way

Last edited by Jumble; 12 April 2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Totally agree with you Nad, and don't get me wrong - I watch a lot of shows that don't have partifularly attractive mail actors/characters - it's just that the shows with the eye candy I find more worthy of my attention and artwork

As Poldark, Aidan Turner taking off his shirt was nice to see because he happens to have a particularly good-looking torso - admiration where it's earned
            Making artwork can be tedious...

It depends on the show. When it doesn't make sense that everyone looks pretty, it annoys me. (Really? So many police officers and no one's looking like an 'uncle Bob'?) . But yeah, when the eye candy really is eye candy... Yes, sure. I won't mind.

And Nad - the open-shirt is often much more attractive than the shirt-less

I'm sure Sarai will confirm that when Martin became shirtless at the Sanctuary con I actually looked the other way

Oh, absolutely.

And
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Ah.
              Springtime in WooHoodStock...

sigpic

Comment

Making artwork can be tedious...
                It really can - that's why it's best to choose an interesting subject

It depends on the show. When it doesn't make sense that everyone looks pretty, it annoys me. (Really? So many police officers and no one's looking like an 'uncle Bob'?) . But yeah, when the eye candy really is eye candy... Yes, sure. I won't mind.
                Definitely! But when it does make sense, who are we to complain?

Oh, absolutely.

And
                I felt he was demeaning himself - not what I expected of him.

Ah.
                Springtime in WooHoodStock...

Ah, yes spring! When a young (or older ) WooHoo's mind turns to the cultivation of pretty things.............

And who is the open-shirted eye candy in your sig?
                Last edited by Jumble; 12 April 2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

It really can - that's why it's best to choose an interesting subject

Definitely! But when it does make sense, who are we to complain?
                  Exactly!

Right. I woodn't want to say pretty people should not be there.

I felt he was demeaning himself - not what I expected of him.
                  I can see that. I think I woodn't have done the whole cheer 'n' whistle thing either. But more because you have a certain image of people and it gets awkward when it doesn't rhyme.
                  It's also why I could never read smutty S/J fanfiction.

Ah, yes spring! When a young (or older ) WooHoo's mind turns to the cultivation of pretty things.............

And who is the open-shirted eye candy in your sig?
                  'the cultivation of pretty things'. I like it.

Well, he's ...eye candy. But only because there's not that much out there for character reference!
                  His name is Neal Bledsoe and he's an actor I've seen guest star in a few shows over the years.
                  He seems nice.
                  And he was born in Canada. So...

sigpic

Comment

He's Canadian and he's hot? No further explanation necessary

Comment

Figured as much.
                      That's why I pretty much stopped typing after 'Canada'

sigpic

Comment

I agree, US television is prudish with body parts! But the language is beginning to express itself a lot more, especially if not on one of the big "network" shows. And even the networks are beginning to punctuate sentences with a choice word or two - more realistic! However, when it comes to bodies - men without shirts, ladies showing but not quite everything and imagination is still required. What I call semi puritan - people are at least allowed in the same bed (married or not - same sex or not) but I do find it very strange. After all how many people keep on either their shorts (men) or their panties and many times their bras (women) while sleeping after a passionate night of sex??? (I gave which sex wore what just in case! )
                        sigpic

Comment

*wanders in and leaves hugs*

We don't all watch shows for shirtless men.
                          Some watch for other things.

Like sexy hair.

The Muskies have that too, you know

This is very true.
                          I just spend months with a 'girls rule sig' and now I'm surrounding myself with pretty things. I am not aplogizing, darn it!

He's not sans shirt though.

...I left those pictures on the interwebs.
                          You deserve the pretty things, Nad

My two pennorth worth is, I like pretty things, I like good drama. I have the capacity to appreciate things in both a shallow and a deep way all at once Multitasking

*gazes at sig*
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            I agree, US television is prudish with body parts! But the language is beginning to express itself a lot more, especially if not on one of the big "network" shows. And even the networks are beginning to punctuate sentences with a choice word or two - more realistic! However, when it comes to bodies - men without shirts, ladies showing but not quite everything and imagination is still required. What I call semi puritan - people are at least allowed in the same bed (married or not - same sex or not) but I do find it very strange. After all how many people keep on either their shorts (men) or their panties and many times their bras (women) while sleeping after a passionate night of sex??? (I gave which sex wore what just in case! )
                            Oh yes. The undies!
                            I do get why actors don't want to show all they've got, but I wood prefer the 'under a blanket method' over the bra in bed. Because it seems uncomfortable to relax/sleep in those (mostly padded and wired) things. Especially after getting sweaty.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            *wanders in and leaves hugs*

The Muskies have that too, you know
                            *hugs*

Oh yes. I'll give them the hair points.

You deserve the pretty things, Nad

My two pennorth worth is, I like pretty things, I like good drama. I have the capacity to appreciate things in both a shallow and a deep way all at once Multitasking

*gazes at sig*
                            Thank you!

If you're multitasking, you're not being shallow. I'd say you have gotten to a point of perfect fangirl balance.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Nad I think so too
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

So quiet around here the last few days - nobody is here! Feeling lonely!

Oh, have a new cat (well not so new - she is 12) but she is calico and her name is Cali. Kind of liked that name. She was shy and quiet at the kennel. Carrie was so excited to see another cat until Cali hissed and growled at her - 4 times now! Poor Carrie so much wants to be her friend - now if only I can get Cali to see the same thing! OY!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X