to all!
      sigpic

Comment

By Jann

Comment

*hugs WooHoios*

Love the advents, Scully and Jann!

Yay for The Food!
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Food you say? Ok...............

Smoked Salmon and Prawn Terrine

Deep Fried Breaded Mushrooms filled with Goats Cheese and Sun Blush Tomatoes
            Served with Salad Leaves and Basil Dressing

Grilled Green Lip Mussels topped with Welsh Rarebit
            Served with Tomato Chutney and Chargrilled Bread

Roast Turkey, Apricot and Sage Stuffing Balls
            Pigs in Blankets, Cranberry Sauce, Roast Potatoes, Vegetables and Pan Gravy

Pork Wellington: Pork Fillet Wrapped in Serrano Ham, Mushrooms and Filo Pastry
            Served with a Creamy Mustard Sauce Seasonal Vegetables and New Potatoes

(actually not new potatoes - roast potatoes were requested and supplied )

There are no dessert pictures because they all gobbled them down before I could get my phone into camera mode

Comment

Must you be so evil?

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Yes

And tomorrow night I get a second shot at the menu - still torn between the Pork Wellington: Pork Fillet Wrapped in Serrano Ham, Mushrooms and Filo Pastry
                Served with a Creamy Mustard Sauce Seasonal Vegetables and New Potatoes
                and the Roasted Whole Plaice filled with Prawns and Avocado
                Served with New Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables............

Although Stuart has agreed that for either choice I can substitute roast potatoes for the new potatoes

Comment

I'm eating spaghetti tomorrow night.
                  With... sauce. Cheesy sauce.
                  And spaghetti.

sigpic

Comment

All this talk about food is making me hungry - then I realized it is after 3 pm and I haven't even eating breakfast yet!

Well I have to go out shopping - maybe I'll stop somewhere and have my breakfast/lunch meal!
                    sigpic

Comment

I made a wonderful salmon with pink sauce last night. Decadent and delicious. The pink sauce starts with 6 tablespoons butter, a bit of olive oil, minced shallots...cook gently until the shallots are tender and semi-transparent, add 3/4 cup heavy cream and simmer until thickened, add 4 tablespoons tomato sauce or diced tomatoes, a bit of Italian seasoning, a pinch of red pepper flakes and 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesean cheese. Simmer until cheese is melted and combined. Meanwhile, cook a salmon portion (about 3/4 of a pound) in a little olive oil until just flaky. Serve with pasta. Died and gone to heaven good.
                      sigpic

Comment

by Nola

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

I'm eating spaghetti tomorrow night.
                          With... sauce. Cheesy sauce.
                          And spaghetti.

Sounds yummy!

Nola - I think I've put on 5 pounds just reading that

Comment

trust me, I DO put on 5 pounds when I make it Really, though, it only takes a little sauce to make the fish amazing. Two or three tablespoons on the plate, add 4 ounces of the cooked fish (shrimp are nice too), sprinkle a bit of freshly minced parsley over the top and it's a beautiful presentation as well as extremely satisfying.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sounds so yummy!

Another hour and I'll be off to Anderson's for my second go at the Christmas menu

Comment

This has been a rough day for me. Had to take my kitty Sammie back to the vet today. She is throwing up, dehydrated and having trouble walking. Surprise, they have no idea. But after about $500 in fees they are running tests. Waiting to hear from the vet now. Brought Sammie home with me. Not leaving her overnight if not needed, better off at home then in a cage and alone. I really didn't think this year could have gotten much worse especially since it is almost over - guess I was wrong!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X