Clear All

To keep him in?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      To keep him in?

No.

Maybe.

No.

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

So who are Lex and Tim Murphy?

Edit: Got it - Jurassic Park

Comment

The Postman has just brought me proof positive that gritting one's teeth, digging one's heels in, sticking to one's guns and refusing to be beaten does win out in the end

Also, being unreasonable, not turning up at court hearings and ignoring all correspondence from the court will, in the end, cost you lots of money

Comment

The Postman has just brought me proof positive that gritting one's teeth, digging one's heels in, sticking to one's guns and refusing to be beaten does win out in the end

Also, being unreasonable, not turning up at court hearings and ignoring all correspondence from the court will, in the end, cost you lots of money
            Oh now you have my curiosity! What's up?
            Last edited by llp; 13 June 2015, 09:15 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

It's fantastic news, Jumble! So glad you got there in the end

Hope they got the guy, Nad. We had that not very long ago at my work - those of you in the UK will no doubt remember the guy who killed his family in Didcot recently. They were searching the Parks for him which is very near where I work and there were helicopters up all day. You know why they're there but it is both unsettling and a bit annoying

Fun day here with a visit from my nephews, including a rather soggy trip to the park Delightful exhausting chatterboxy boys that they are

*huggles all*
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

It's taken 18 months to get to this point, and it'll take her 19 months to pay it off - patience is definitely a virtue in this situation

Glad you had a good day with the boys despite the sogginess

Comment

Good morning all!

Nad, I hate police helicopters. And 40 minutes? Ugh. I worry that the guy will try and take refuge in my or my neighbors' houses. Random question ... I know that "kill " means something like valley in Dutch. So, what would be Peekskill? We were driving up to Maine yesterday and passed Fishkill and Peekskill.
                  sigpic

Comment

Peekskill is a small town in New York? Population about 23 to 24 thousand people.

The name of the village is due to Jans Peek, an early Dutch navigator, who, in following the track of Hendrick Hudson, mistook the broad estuary at Ros Hook for the proper passage to the north. Here, it is said, he built a house and remained during the winter. To the creek was given the name of Jans Peek's Creek, or Peek's Kill, and from the name of the creek the village received its designation. In a deed given by the Indians to Jacobus Dekay and others, June 25, 1685, the creek is referred to as being known to the Indians as John Peeke's Creek." And in April, 17, 1816, an act was passed by the Legislature incorporating the village of Peekskill.

Hope that helps some????
                    sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Yay for the win Jumble!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      Good morning all!

Nad, I hate police helicopters. And 40 minutes? Ugh. I worry that the guy will try and take refuge in my or my neighbors' houses.
                      Exactly!

Random question ... I know that "kill " means something like valley in Dutch. So, what would be Peekskill? We were driving up to Maine yesterday and passed Fishkill and Peekskill.
                      Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Peekskill is a small town in New York? Population about 23 to 24 thousand people.

The name of the village is due to Jans Peek, an early Dutch navigator, who, in following the track of Hendrick Hudson, mistook the broad estuary at Ros Hook for the proper passage to the north. Here, it is said, he built a house and remained during the winter. To the creek was given the name of Jans Peek's Creek, or Peek's Kill, and from the name of the creek the village received its designation. In a deed given by the Indians to Jacobus Dekay and others, June 25, 1685, the creek is referred to as being known to the Indians as John Peeke's Creek." And in April, 17, 1816, an act was passed by the Legislature incorporating the village of Peekskill.

Hope that helps some????
                      Right.
                      We still use the word 'kuil' and it's basically a hole or dent in the floor.
                      It may stem from the word 'kille' (now 'kil') which was used as creek, riverbedding or depth. For the Dutch, with our flat country, every hole or dent in the floor is a valley (and every bump a mountain).
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

You guys are a fount of information

I have to spread some green but thank you both so much
                        sigpic

Comment

It's taken 18 months to get to this point, and it'll take her 19 months to pay it off - patience is definitely a virtue in this situation

Glad you had a good day with the boys despite the sogginess
                          So glad to hear this *huggles you*

Comment

*huggles back*

So........ Dark Matter looks pretty good. Anyone else watch it?

Comment

*huggles back*

So........ Dark Matter looks pretty good. Anyone else watch it?
                              I have it recorded but didn't watch live. (Was psyching myself up for the GoT finale, which, yeah...) Looking forward to watching it though - I have high hopes!
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Watching GoT tonight...........

Edit: Just seen your tweets and now wondering who is for the chop - hoping it's Cersei

I'd hope for Arya, but that would mean no more Jaqen
                                Last edited by Jumble; 15 June 2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X