• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFSTED. Paperwork. Headache

Comment

*kicks paperwork*
      Not hard, that wood not be good.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I think a hard kick wood be very good

It's not so much the paperwork that I have to create, I can handle that - it's the overwhelming amount of stuff I'm supposed to understand and keep in my head And every block of stuff overlaps with every other block of stuff but put in a slightly different way and called stupidly long names........... Stuff it! I've had enough for today - the rest will have to wait until tomorrow! I'll just go and print up some pretty pics of the children and put them up on the boards

Comment

So I have to plan and carry out an activity - simple, yes? Do it every day don't I? Because surely what that means is that I say to the children "Shall we make a musical instrument today?" Sammie: "Sticking?" Yes, Sammie, there will be sticking Then I sit them down at the kiddy table, give them an empty plastic bottle each, show them how to put different pasta shapes into it, suggest they use the funnel to put some rice in, then join in the giggling as they spill stuff everywhere When they've put enough stuff into the bottles I put the lid on and stick it down firmly, then I let them each choose a sheet of stickers and watch them decorate their bottles. When they're done, we experiment to see which way to shake the bottles to make the most noise.

Simple, yes?

No

First I have to print out some 'Planning an Activity' sheets from the OFSTED website, which is a freaking nightmare to navigate around and takes ages to find the thing you're looking for because putting 'Planning an Activity' into the search box does not, for some reason known only to the over-educated boffins at OFSTED, bring you within cooee of the sheet you need Once this has been achieved, I then have to find out which of the many headings and sub-headings my choice of activity resides under, put that information on the sheet and then proceed to explain what I hope the children will learn from the activity, how they can use this knowledge in other areas of their lives and what I intend to do to further this particular educational track. Then I have to say how well each child understood what was needed, how much help he/she needed to achieve their goal and how I think they felt about it afterwards

My conclusion? They had fun, improved their small motor skills, and ended up with a lovely, noisy instrument that I am sure their Mums will thank me for
          Last edited by Jumble; 03 May 2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

All I remember from the previous posts is that I want to make a bottle instrument too...
            Sticking included.

Right. Flag's out. Got my morning coffee before all the icky things start (or as I like to call it: my mourning coffee). And yes. I am checking GW. Thank heavens for fandom-ey distraction!

*hugs WooHoos*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles Nad*

Party on - go celebrate the life of your wonderful Mom

Comment

*big squishy huggles Nad*

Have been thinking of you today. Hope it's all gone really well I'm waving a virtual flag in Mom's honour too
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

More big squishy hugs Nad. Also thinking of you today. Seems appropriate there are lots of Canadians in your country today as my unofficial representation of support.

If you need a bit of distraction, here is a cute little tidbit from AT8. You know how Martin's signature is to say "aaaaaaand cut"? Amanda told us sometimes she says at the end of a take "I love it, I Lyle Lovitt"

(for those who may not know, LL is a country singer)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*squishy huggles* Thinking of you, Nad.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

((((WooHoos))))

Thanks for that

It did go well. It was as nice as it could get. I was calm and collected and managed to improvise an actual speech and only cried in the end, when the others were crying and saying goodbye to mom and it was good. It somehow felt like I was taking on the part my mom used to play within the family. I was doing all the hugging and comforting and letting people cry on my shoulder and she wood be proud. And there were smiles and laughter too. And sunshine.

sigpic

Comment

*more big squishy hugs*

So glad to hear that Well done, I'm sure she'd be so proud of you.
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          It's time for me to face the fact that life is something that has an ending.

Mom passed away this morning.
                          She wasn't in pain, she wasn't alone and she just slipped away in her sleep.

It still sucks and our hearts are broken.
                          I'm so sorry, Nad. I just saw this today.

I'm lost for words. She was (and is) loved. She lived and went away knowing that. You and your family gave her that special gift. There is nothing more important than that.
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                            I'm so sorry, Nad. I just saw this today.

I'm lost for words. She was (and is) loved. She lived and went away knowing that. You and your family gave her that special gift. There is nothing more important than that.
                            Thank you

sigpic

Comment

Nad - as I said before - my heart goes out to you and followed by a big squishy hug!

And today I finally can say I feel almost normal (whatever the means). Even went outside and walked to the mailbox to get my mail. Only cough a few times and just a short little cough not a continual coughing spell. Ears are beginning to unplug. And all is well with my world for a change! Hurray!

Oh and my tenant move out of my New Mexico home - now it goes up for sale. Please sell quickly (no tenant inside to cover the mortgage payment - comes out of my income!) But this is the best time to put it up for sale. Does a little "selling" dance to appease the "selling Gods!"
                              sigpic

Comment

(((((HUGS))))) to those in need, ah heck (((((HUGS))))) to all!

Hee Hee...Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?!
                                sigpic

----------
                                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Working...
                                X