No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nad, big hugs to you and your Mom. As Josi said, we are all thinking of you.

Laurie, will be thinking of you tomorrow for your surgery, I'm sure it will all go well.

Jumble, continued recovery for you.

Finally back home after touring London after AT7. Lovely to see those that made it to the Woohoo dinner. My excuse for not taking any pics was major jetlag. Sorry I was falling asleep on you all. Great fun despite the tiredness. I too am in love....with Ben. How adorable is he? We had lots of fun on the ride to Jumble's. Thanks so much to Cags for driving us. Loved the sticky toffee pudding (couldn't eat as much as some though ).

Got the chance to see everyone at the Ren briefly as well but between the events, stewarding and the Canadian men and women being in the curling and hockey gold medal games it was tough fitting everything in. Much gratitude to the Gabit folk for allowing me in the tech booth to watch the last 10 minutes of the men's gold medal game. I thought I was in trouble when Becky came and grabbed me by the hand but they had the game on the laptop and let me watch....on the condition there was no screaming....not easy, let me tell you. What a lovely moment watching our team win gold while AT was doing the Q&A.

Josi, did you tell them about your primo seat for the talks?

Best picture ever with AT, thanks to John. Also, such a lovely sentiment from AT on it, including "I love you". How nice. Also, according to Denys, she talks about me all the time....little concerned she may be stalking me....
    that may explain why she seems to turn up every time I go to a con.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm so glad everyone had such fun at AT7!
      I always seem to miss you more when there's a group meeting! But still happy for all of you.
      And would love to hear more stories about the event!!!

(((Laurie))) Hope you heal quickly!

So sad to hear about AVE! Joining in the hopes it's not the end...

Some good news from me, I am now officially employed as a 3d Animator. They said, they're very happy with me and the work I've been doing, and offered me a chance to stay full time. *bounces* I was already there full time... but it's the fact that it's official now.
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Great mini con report Eh-T - would love to see that picture in RL one day

Congrats Dee!!! So happy for you !!!!

Good luck with the surgery Laurie will be thinking of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          I always seem to miss you more when there's a group meeting! But still happy for all of you.

Some good news from me, I am now officially employed as a 3d Animator. They said, they're very happy with me and the work I've been doing, and offered me a chance to stay full time. *bounces* I was already there full time... but it's the fact that it's official now.
          congratulations Dee!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          Great mini con report Eh-T - would love to see that picture in RL one day

Congrats Dee!!! So happy for you !!!!

Good luck with the surgery Laurie will be thinking of you.
          Would love to show it to you. Maybe next AT event?

Comment

Thankkk you me is happy!
            sigpic

Comment

Yay for AT7 news from EH-T, and Dee's 'official' full-time job! *shimmies*

Positive vibes for Laurie. I'll be thinking of you too. And like Jumble said, no typing! Rest your hands.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Will bring real news from AT7 as time and brain allow. As some of you know, I won a director's script at the auction. It is the script and technical stuff (I think that's the official terminology) belonging to Amanda from her directing Veritas. Some quite funny little comments she has written in it. Will get the exact wording and post it for you. As a little tidbit in the meantime....a number of fans were reading it over and asked me to ask AT about a couple of the terms in the script. One was the "sexy album cover raking shot" which refers to a shot with four individuals where you focus at one end and then the other. The other term was a special effects term "bugs bunny blood pool". They have a fake plastic pool of blood and can lift and place it anywhere. For those who know the old Bugs Bunny cartoons they had a hole in the cartoon that could be moved from place to place, hence the name.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Now this is downright sad - where has everyone disappeared to???

Hoping I can log on at the hotel tomorrow - if not then not until after my surgery. But typing will be somewhat difficult. So until then......
                  Big hugs and positive vibes, Laurie! Hope it goes well and you recover swiftly Will be thinking of you!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Nad, big hugs to you and your Mom. As Josi said, we are all thinking of you.

Laurie, will be thinking of you tomorrow for your surgery, I'm sure it will all go well.

Jumble, continued recovery for you.

Finally back home after touring London after AT7. Lovely to see those that made it to the Woohoo dinner. My excuse for not taking any pics was major jetlag. Sorry I was falling asleep on you all. Great fun despite the tiredness. I too am in love....with Ben. How adorable is he? We had lots of fun on the ride to Jumble's. Thanks so much to Cags for driving us. Loved the sticky toffee pudding (couldn't eat as much as some though ).

Got the chance to see everyone at the Ren briefly as well but between the events, stewarding and the Canadian men and women being in the curling and hockey gold medal games it was tough fitting everything in. Much gratitude to the Gabit folk for allowing me in the tech booth to watch the last 10 minutes of the men's gold medal game. I thought I was in trouble when Becky came and grabbed me by the hand but they had the game on the laptop and let me watch....on the condition there was no screaming....not easy, let me tell you. What a lovely moment watching our team win gold while AT was doing the Q&A.

Josi, did you tell them about your primo seat for the talks?

Best picture ever with AT, thanks to John. Also, such a lovely sentiment from AT on it, including "I love you". How nice. Also, according to Denys, she talks about me all the time....little concerned she may be stalking me....
                  that may explain why she seems to turn up every time I go to a con.
                  No, I didn't and should have done. I thought Sarai might be green with jealousy as she'd have loved that spot for taking photos! Due to a seating mix-up with a group I got bumped to the front row with all the stewards Right on the end, but still, absolute prime spot I was a very lucky beneficiary

Awesome! Congratulations!
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks to all the well wishes. Going to turn off my pc for a few days in a few minutes. Although with have laptop with me - have to do something tonight. Surgery is around 8:30 tomorrow morning - last supper no later then 10:30 although plan to be asleep by then. Well in bed anyways.

Can't guarantee I won't type one=handed!

Congrats Dee - very very happy for you.

More hugs for Nad and her mom!

Oh Jumble - wrote another review for Anderson's!

Sure the surgery will go fine - staying at a real swanky hotel tonight and tomorrow and will room service dinner tonight! Hotel will "drive" me to the hospital tomorrow and have a special service to take me back to the hotel afterwards - gee just like the "richer" 1% live! But without the money! And I'm sure everything will go just fine.

Looking forward to your comments on AT7 EH-T!

Time to turn off pc for a few days - bye for now!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Lee Wilson @LeeVFX 5h
                      I'm sad to announce that after ten years, Anthem Visual Effects closed it's doors today.

Martin Wood @realmartinwood 4h
                      Partnering w @LeeVFX & Anthem was 1 of the best decisions we ever made on Sanctuary thank you Lee and Co. Sad2SeeItGo pic.twitter.com/GX4dUV2rfb

Oh that is very sad news. I hope some wonderful new horizons open up for him.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Hoping I can log on at the hotel tomorrow - if not then not until after my surgery. But typing will be somewhat difficult. So until then......
                      Good luck! And yes, what Jumble said. NO TYPING!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      Watching the Oscars?
                      I missed it all but got something of a running commentary in the morning thanks to some facebook friends so lived it vicariously.
                      No big surprises by all accounts.

I too am in love....with Ben.
                      *gives EH-T the evil eyes. Hands off my baby boy...

How adorable is he? We had lots of fun on the ride to Jumble's.
                      Oh that kind of love. Ah that's ok then. it was my pleasure to drive you and thank you for keeping the littlest Woohoo company. (By the way, he's asked Wendy if he can have that on his Woohoo badge. )

Glad you had an awesome time at AT7 and in London generally. It's a wonderful mad place to be.

Yay! Well done!

Will bring real news from AT7 as time and brain allow. As some of you know, I won a director's script at the auction. It is the script and technical stuff (I think that's the official terminology) belonging to Amanda from her directing Veritas. Some quite funny little comments she has written in it. Will get the exact wording and post it for you. As a little tidbit in the meantime....a number of fans were reading it over and asked me to ask AT about a couple of the terms in the script. One was the "sexy album cover raking shot" which refers to a shot with four individuals where you focus at one end and then the other. The other term was a special effects term "bugs bunny blood pool". They have a fake plastic pool of blood and can lift and place it anywhere. For those who know the old Bugs Bunny cartoons they had a hole in the cartoon that could be moved from place to place, hence the name.

Aw that's so sweet. And kind of funny.

Nad, huge huggles and oodles of positive vibes for your mum. Get her on the broccoli; apparently that's good for you: http://www.health.com/health/gallery...0736_2,00.html (I knew we Woohoos had it all right after all. )

happy to have come to this place today; no matter what the news, there's always something uplifting being around people who care. I am feeling very tired and emotional today (blame hormones ) so it's nice and refreshing to chat with you guys.

*huggles woohoos*
                      Last edited by Cagranosalis; 03 March 2014, 12:11 PM. Reason: The batteries are going flat in my keyeboard. Well, that and the wine.
                      sigpic

Comment

*huggles Cags*
                        sigpic

Comment

*huggles Cags*

Josi you jammy so'n'so! Hope you got some good snaps!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            *huggles Cags*

Josi you jammy so'n'so! Hope you got some good snaps!
                            Alas not really. Didn't have a decent camera with me, and the ones I got on my phone are all a bit fuzzy Kept thinking I really needed you with your camera next to me! Still, my eyes got a very good view
                            sigpic

Comment

*huggles Cags*

And again thanks everyone

*huggles Woohoos*
                              sigpic

Comment

We all did a pretty poor job of taking any pictures over the weekend. We didn't take any of the meal at Andersons, and I think there was just one in the lobby which I took on my phone and sent to Nad because we were eating stroopwaffles.

I'll upload it to PB tomorrow and post it just to prove we were there. Uh, not that I'm actually in it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X