Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending migrane healing hugs.

Sending stay warm and dry hugs.

llp, I hear Amanda is doing a con in Portland in the near future. Are you aware of that? Kind of in your neck of the woods.
    Last edited by EH-T; 28 October 2013, 09:54 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Two more people have died, bringing the toll so far to four and one missing. This is close to where Cags lives - maybe she was wise to be away
      Yes, a few miles up the road. Very sad. Just goes to highlight how dangerous "a bit of wind" can be, even when it's not on the same kind of scale of tropical storms.
      We were fairly unscathed here; the Dorchester to Weymouth relief road was closed this morning due to trees and landslides, and Chiswell flooded (apparently not unusual) but otherwise ok. Funnily enough, when I was first looking at cottages the one I wanted was in Chiswell backing right onto Chesil beach. Quite glad I looked inland now.
      We went to West Bay today to explore the concept of long shore drift... which is, apparently, slightly more difficult to explain to a 6 year old than it would first seem.
      sigpic

Comment

Made it to work.... and back

Have come to the conclusion that the Guinea Pigs are part-cockroach. The end of the world could happen and they would still be pottering around the garden, squeaking for their breakfast. Their hutch got tossed and damaged, but they really couldn't care less!

There was a fair bit of damage around here. Several blocked roads thanks to trees. Missing pets from damaged fencing. The local boat yard took a bit of a pounding and there were a few damaged cars from falling debris. On a good day I can stand at the top of the road and see the Isle of Wight - where the 99mph wind were clocked, so I'm surprised there wasn't more damage tbh.
        sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Sending migrane healing hugs.

Sending stay warm and dry hugs.

llp, I hear Amanda is doing a con in Portland in the near future. Are you aware of that? Kind of in your neck of the woods.
          First I have not heard of anything about a con in Portland.... but you're right - not too far from me - could probably drive it if the weather here holds. Suppose to until Halloween.

I am sorry to hear about all the problems in the UK with that weather. The news said it was to be one of the worst in a very very long time. YUK! Hope you all fair well.

Very sorry about your Uncle Josi - a big *HUG* for comfort!

But glad the dress is a success Jackie!
          Last edited by llp; 28 October 2013, 06:08 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

The storm was fairly uneventful here, all things considered. Very windy but when I walked in to work this morning the roads were quiet, the sun was (mostly) out and there were just a lot of twigs and leaves on the ground, nothing substantial. Sounds like it was pretty awful elsewhere though so I think we got off lightly.

Would appreciate good thoughts tomorrow, Woohoos - it's my uncle's funeral Going to be a tough day
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*huggles Josi*
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

My River Song dress just came in the mail today! (I got a really good deal on ebay.) It's PERFECT, and fits me really well. I'm so excited! I've been jumping around for the past 20 minutes. (Luckily, my roommate is understanding about these things. )

EDIT: And the dress is also really comfy.
                Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 28 October 2013, 04:31 PM.
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

great news on the dress!

on the UK storm!

*comforting vibes sent to Josi*

and this just because...

sigpic

Comment

*huggles Josi* Hope it goes as well as a funeral can.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      The storm was fairly uneventful here, all things considered. Very windy but when I walked in to work this morning the roads were quiet, the sun was (mostly) out and there were just a lot of twigs and leaves on the ground, nothing substantial. Sounds like it was pretty awful elsewhere though so I think we got off lightly.

Would appreciate good thoughts tomorrow, Woohoos - it's my uncle's funeral Going to be a tough day
                      Sending *huggles* to you and all the family.

Comment

*sends hugs to Josi for today*
                        Funerals suck

Yay for the dress LG!

*hugs WooHoos*

Been repairing storm damage along with a whole bunch of my neighbours. We were waving at each other with our tools.
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          First I have not heard of anything about a con in Portland.... but you're right - not too far from me - could probably drive it if the weather here holds. Suppose to until Halloween.

I am sorry to hear about all the problems in the UK with that weather. The news said it was to be one of the worst in a very very long time. YUK! Hope you all fair well.

Very sorry about your Uncle Josi - a big *HUG* for comfort!

But glad the dress is a success Jackie!
                          Here is the infor from the AT thread:

I just saw the Rose City Comicon ad on Facebook a bit ago, and it says Amanda will be a guest at their January 2014 event in Portland, Oregon ... for those who want to go and can.

http://wizardworld.com/amtadrhemasa.html

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Shipsgiving is Saturday, November 16th!

Join us!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Here is the infor from the AT thread:

I just saw the Rose City Comicon ad on Facebook a bit ago, and it says Amanda will be a guest at their January 2014 event in Portland, Oregon ... for those who want to go and can.

http://wizardworld.com/amtadrhemasa.html
                              Ah if only it were Portland Dorset. I'd be there in a flash.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Been repairing storm damage along with a whole bunch of my neighbours. We were waving at each other with our tools.
                              Although it's not really funny with all the damage it has caused. I think you guys got it way worse than the UK.
                              I dread to think the state of my garden. I can be sure the usual fence panel is down but what else I don't know.

Yay on the dress, Jakie. I saw it on Facebook. Looks awesome.

Big hugs Josi. I hope today wasn't too hard for you. Funerals are never fun but thy can, sometimes, be good for cementing those connections with our loved ones so good things and feelings can come from them.

Still here in sunny Dorset. We had some amazing vibrant rainbows and double rainbows today. Sadly I was driving each and every time one popped up so managed to get no pictures at all.
                              I also had a look at a couple of houses while I was down here. I still have that little dream of moving here and, well, can't hurt to look, can it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

More proof, in case we needed it, that your mind is never far from the ickybah track

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                Ah if only it were Portland Dorset. I'd be there in a flash.

Although it's not really funny with all the damage it has caused. I think you guys got it way worse than the UK.
                                I dread to think the state of my garden. I can be sure the usual fence panel is down but what else I don't know.

Yay on the dress, Jakie. I saw it on Facebook. Looks awesome.

Big hugs Josi. I hope today wasn't too hard for you. Funerals are never fun but thy can, sometimes, be good for cementing those connections with our loved ones so good things and feelings can come from them.

Still here in sunny Dorset. We had some amazing vibrant rainbows and double rainbows today. Sadly I was driving each and every time one popped up so managed to get no pictures at all.
                                I also had a look at a couple of houses while I was down here. I still have that little dream of moving here and, well, can't hurt to look, can it.
                                Absolutely no harm in looking - now that Oma has moved away from Cornwall I'll need somewhere to go for my seaside hols when I retire

Comment

Working...
                                X