Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    You can't have both - choose freedom

Why not? I'd refuse to wear a dress I didn't like, even if I wasn't expected to pay for it! Surely it wood be something the bride and bridesmaids would negotiate, choose between them?

I vote ELOPE! Cheaper and a heck of a lot less hassle
    That is what by brother did! He just invited everyone to come along and they got married in Vegas!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      my wedding was dirt cheap - I wore a dress I had (it was long, yellow, and looked terrific on me - why not?)

Why not indeed!

We're a colourful weddingy bunch us Woohoos. We've had Jumble in blue, me in green, Nola in yellow. Wonder if anyone has worn red or purple to their wedding.
      sigpic

Comment

Why yes, although not technically WooHoos, they are related ......

I'd show you a pic, but PB isn't allowing me to login

Anyone else having issues with PB?

Laurie, that's not technically eloping - it's when just the bride and groom go off on their own and don't tell anybody
        Last edited by Jumble; 28 September 2013, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Rebooting has solved the problem with PB (I always have a mental image of giving it a hefty kick with my boot ), so here are a couple of pics from Rob and Suzanne's wedding - a lot of purple and red........

Comment

beautiful! Love the cut of the dresses too - the corset tops are very flattering.
            sigpic

Comment

......... and you missed your 69

Comment

Why yes, although not technically WooHoos, they are related ......

I'd show you a pic, but PB isn't allowing me to login

Anyone else having issues with PB?

Laurie, that's not technically eloping - it's when just the bride and groom go off on their own and don't tell anybody

I know technically it wasn't eloping, but it made for a lot more fun. Our side of the family almost entirely showed up. Mom and Dad, Aunt and Uncle and their kids, Grandparents (2 still left), me of course, my brother's best and oldest friend was stationed there so his wife threw a small receptions with cake. My parents oldest friends (parents to my brother's friend) and one more of their kids. And even my aunts parents. Oh and a few stays who are somehow related but now sure how. My sister-in-law only had her mother there. Her father had died and her sister and family couldn't make it there. Our side of the family has always liked Vegas so we had a ball there and also attended my brother's wedding! Much fun was had by all. Funny thing - apparently my brother called my parents the next day and asked what everyone was doing. They wanted to join in on the fun and they did! Got to gamble with my Grandfather (who use to be a bookie before the mob got involved - and was one hell of a gambler - a whole nother story I'll have to tell some day), went to a few shows, hopped around to a few different hotels, and had great food. And my parents picked up the tab (except for the ugly dress) for me since I was still in college and didn't make much money! Best wedding I have ever attented because the wedding was the smallest portion of the whole weekend!
                sigpic

Comment

How about this for a change of topic? Booked my flights today for AT7. Woohoo!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Will you be arriving in time to join us for the customary pre-AT dinner at Anderson's on the Thursday?

Comment

Will you be arriving in time to join us for the customary pre-AT dinner at Anderson's on the Thursday?
                      I think I can this time. My niece is meeting me in London but not until after AT7 and I arrive very early in the morning on the Thursday. I will be very
                      tired but I'm sure the excitement of the woohoos and finally getting to Anderson's will keep me awake. I am booked at the hotel on the Thursday so will getting to Anderson's and back be a problem?

Comment

Yay!

Shouldn't be a problem, we'll start making transport plans nearer the time when I know who is coming

Comment

Yay!

Shouldn't be a problem, we'll start making transport plans nearer the time when I know who is coming
                          Great.

Loved having my nephew with me last time but between that and steward duties, left very little time to visit with woohoos and other attendees. With meeting my niece after the event and the promise of more stewards and less shifts, I am looking forward to having more time to see everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Great.

Loved having my nephew with me last time but between that and steward duties, left very little time to visit with woohoos and other attendees. With meeting my niece after the event and the promise of more stewards and less shifts, I am looking forward to having more time to see everyone.
                            I bet it's a really hard job getting folks to volunteer to steward at AT events.

Fab photos Jumble. They so count I think. We just need an orange and pink bride now and we've got the full rainbow. Actually I think I've seen a few inadvertently orange brides!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              I bet it's a really hard job getting folks to volunteer to steward at AT events.
                              You think? Can't say I'd want to spend my week-end standing at the door checking people's badges. That's an expensive way to work a week-end

Fab photos Jumble. They so count I think. We just need an orange and pink bride now and we've got the full rainbow. Actually I think I've seen a few inadvertently orange brides!
                              I hope you don't mean one orange and pink bride I guess we'll have to depend on some of the younger WooHoos to complete that rainbow

Comment

You think? Can't say I'd want to spend my week-end standing at the door checking people's badges. That's an expensive way to work a week-end
                                I hope you don't mean one orange and pink bride I guess we'll have to depend on some of the younger WooHoos to complete that rainbow
                                Hey Jumble, it really wasn't that much of a deal. You get to chat with everyone and see who is there. You don't miss out on anything and it was kind of fun. Doing it again this year.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X