The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just goes to prove that you can't put one over on a three year old

I actually remember that photo being taken, and I remember wondering if he was ever going to let go of my hand - he'd been holding it all through the service and all through the photo-session! I think he'd been told to keep me under control look after me, him being a year older I also remember being allowed to keep the flower basket and playing 'weddings' with it full of daisies and buttercups

Comment

Happy birthday Nola.

Josi nice one, James.

Jumble cute picture!
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I had a lovely birthday Thank you all so much for the wonderful birthday wishes. Just got home from a delicious dinner with my hubby. He gave me the bestest present - a Microsoft Surface RT. Soooo adorable! He got the cyan blue keyboard/cover too
        sigpic

Comment

Oh nice Nola. Lucky thing!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Here's a funny nephew story to make you all smile. My sister and family are away on holiday today and they promised James they'd take him to Peppa Pig World at Paulton's Park. They were hoping that James would have a bit of a sleep in the car on the way there but when he was still awake when they got close they decided to drive around for a bit in the hope he'd drop off and get a few minutes kip. So they were driving round the roads round Paulton's Park, when James piped up from the back in apparently a decidedly exasperated tone of voice "So where's this Peppa Pig Land then? We've driven down this road before!"

He's nobody's fool!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          I actually remember that photo being taken, and I remember wondering if he was ever going to let go of my hand - he'd been holding it all through the service and all through the photo-session! I think he'd been told to keep me under control look after me, him being a year older I also remember being allowed to keep the flower basket and playing 'weddings' with it full of daisies and buttercups
          Awww... you look adorable and you haven't changed a bit. Ok well yes you have changed but you still look very much like you if you know what I mean.
          You know I have never been a bridesmaid. I seriously doubt I ever will now so that honour has totally passed me by.
          sigpic

Comment

Nope, nothing gets past our James

Awesome new toy, Nola! Have fun playing with that!

As to bridesmaiding, I've just been asked to be one again - my brother's getting married next summer and his fiancée has asked me and my sister as well as a couple of her friends.
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Awww... you look adorable and you haven't changed a bit. Ok well yes you have changed but you still look very much like you if you know what I mean.
              I know what you mean....... I think

You know I have never been a bridesmaid. I seriously doubt I ever will now so that honour has totally passed me by.
              Ah, that was my second time as a bridesmaid - my debut was at another uncle's wedding, when I was two. Then I was bridesmaid at my eldest brother's wedding, when I was 16. They say three times a bridesmaid, never a bride, but not so in my case - I was a bride twice! Oh, and Best Man once

Comment

Well if you're gonna do it, may as well do it a couple of time to make sure you get it right.

Er, the bridesmaiding thing that is, not the bridey thing... well, ok, that and all, if you don't get it right the first time may as well give it another shot...

To be honest though, I wasn't even a proper bride really. It was a quickie down the register office, no bridesmaids or anything. I did have a dress but it wasn't white. Nothing on earth could have persuaded me to get into a big white frock and tromp down the aisle. So not a girly girl... perhaps this is why bridesmaidhood passed me by then.
                sigpic

Comment

'If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again' - applies to most things

I went with white the first time, but the second time I was in control of the whole thing, so I had a blue dress, decided who wood be invited and did the catering myself (including a two-tier cake with the traditional horse-shoes, bells, etc), and it was soooo much more enjoyable than the first!

Yes, yes, I know I'm a control freak - but somebody has to make the decisions, right?

Comment

I know what you mean....... I think

Ah, that was my second time as a bridesmaid - my debut was at another uncle's wedding, when I was two. Then I was bridesmaid at my eldest brother's wedding, when I was 16. They say three times a bridesmaid, never a bride, but not so in my case - I was a bride twice! Oh, and Best Man once
                    I blew past that ages ago Next summer will be bridesmaid duty no. 5 for me I'm not superstitious but I have a friend who refused to be a bridesmaid the third time she was asked because of that.
                    sigpic

Comment

46 Spencers??? What's going on?

Comment

Never been a bridesmaid but was the maid of honor at my brother's wedding - and decided never again. Damn dress cost too much and never wore it again - hated it. Oh and at a cousins wedding I signed in guests! Also very boring job. Didn't like that at all. Just wasn't interested in talking to many of the guests. But I guess I didn't jinx the weddings. My brother and sister-in-law's marriage lasted about 39+ years until he died and my cousins are still married. But it is really a nuisance! Too old now so no worries about it anymore!

Oh and I've never been married - but that was my choice - had the chance and changed my mind (thankfully)! Saw one of them a few years ago - so glad I never married him!
                        sigpic

Comment

52 now?

Seriously Spencers, there is nothing going on here

Comment

Laurie, you had to buy your own bridesmaid's dress?

Comment

49 Now. Must be coming to see what a beautiful young bridesmaid you are.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              I blew past that ages ago Next summer will be bridesmaid duty no. 5 for me I'm not superstitious but I have a friend who refused to be a bridesmaid the third time she was asked because of that.
                              5 times. Oh it's very unfairly dished out this bridesmaidy thing. *stoimps foot*

I forgot to say, in between all the less than nice seat hungry passengers on the tube I encounter, there was a guy who was the absolute spit of Martin Wood on Monday. he even did the licky lip thing Martin does... and he was wearing shorts. I was convinced it was him, until he looked at me and his eyes were all wrong. One can live in hope.
                              sigpic

Comment

52 now?

Seriously Spencers, there is nothing going on here
                                What do they know that we don't?!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                49 Now. Must be coming to see what a beautiful young bridesmaid you are.

5 times. Oh it's very unfairly dished out this bridesmaidy thing. *stoimps foot*
                                I remember as a kid being incredibly jealous of all my friends who seemed to be bridesmaids all the time. I was a bridesmaid when I was five, but by the time I next got to at 10 that felt like so long ago as not to count. The other times were all as an adult - for my sister, for a friend, and now for my sister-in-law-to-be. Thankfully for the adult times I've always had nice dresses and none of them have put me in anything hideous. I've seen the dresses for this one already (or what she wants us to wear, at least) and they're lovely too

I forgot to say, in between all the less than nice seat hungry passengers on the tube I encounter, there was a guy who was the absolute spit of Martin Wood on Monday. he even did the licky lip thing Martin does... and he was wearing shorts. I was convinced it was him, until he looked at me and his eyes were all wrong. One can live in hope.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X