• Show
Clear All

oh, those are PERFECT! I may have to order some
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      He is

*thinks*

He looks like his mum, who looks like me..... does that make me a hottie too?

So did I

Strangely, I came across those whilst googling for decorative car magnets

Still haven't found any........
      He is pretty handsome. And, um, I'm saying nufin'

There's a few on ebay if you search Car decal magnets but they're all from the U.S. the sticker ones are everywhere though.

Love the ponderisms. haven't read 50 Shades so can't comment but it did make me giggle.
      sigpic

Comment

Or not - shipping is £34

Need to find a UK supplier............

I'll try ebay Cags Yep, stickers are everywhere - not sure I want to risk those on Woody's bum though

Comment

I'm thinking that they wood be terrific for my classroom. I can stick magnets to my whiteboards and it wood be great for holiday displays or just general decorating.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            oh, those are PERFECT! I may have to order some
            Maybe it wood work out cheaper if you bought them and sent them to me? I'll keep looking for a UK supplier, but if I don't find one I'll get back to you

Comment

I was just thinking exactly the same thing! Great minds and all that
              sigpic

Comment

I've asked a seller on e--bay if these stickers can be removed easily and without damaging the paintwork - we'll wait and see

Comment

The stick on ones can be removed but can be tricky to put on in the first place. The car has to be absolutely clean and you have to put them on dead straight and smooth with no bubbles. You can remove them by heating them with a hairdryer to soften them then peeling carefully. They might leave the paintwork slightly dull underneath and a sticky line visible, but this can be polished out with a little t-cut and will be good as new afterwards.

(Yes, I put some on Monty the Metro; my first car. Not daisies though, just a go-faster stripe. )

I prefer the idea of magnets though, although they may only be suitable for some spots.

You've just reminded me of the car I saw at the garden centre the other week; it had eyelashes and everything. i have a pic on the phone so will upload it later and show you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    The stick on ones can be removed but can be tricky to put on in the first place. The car has to be absolutely clean and you have to put them on dead straight and smooth with no bubbles. You can remove them by heating them with a hairdryer to soften them then peeling carefully. They might leave the paintwork slightly dull underneath and a sticky line visible, but this can be polished out with a little t-cut and will be good as new afterwards.

(Yes, I put some on Monty the Metro; my first car. Not daisies though, just a go-faster stripe. )

I prefer the idea of magnets though, although they may only be suitable for some spots.

You've just reminded me of the car I saw at the garden centre the other week; it had eyelashes and everything. i have a pic on the phone so will upload it later and show you.
                    Hm. If that's the case, then maybe I'll go for the stickers - there are loads to choose from and really quite cheap Might just pop into Halfords later and see what they've got - at least if I buy them from a car accessory shop they will (hopefully) have been designed for the purpose

I'm off to a bbq in a bit - so far the weather today has swung back and forth between torrential rain and brilliant sunshine and is currently looking a bit overcast again - best take my wellies and brolly

Comment

I'm off to a bbq in a bit - so far the weather today has swung back and forth between torrential rain and brilliant sunshine and is currently looking a bit overcast again - best take my wellies and brolly
                      And it was 28 degrees on Thursday and we were in the pool splashing about. Welcome to September in the UK.

Hope the rain holds off long enough to get my washing dry.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey Jumble - love the "ponderisms" but it I remember correctily, they only start occurring at age 60! - nope sorry I said that number - I know you are still a little sensitive! I promise - won't do that again!

As for the dancing - I really enjoyed that - old "dad" did a good job!

The "poem" I saw on FB and made me laugh again.

As for magnets, went on line on Google UK using "Flower Daisy Car Magnet" and found several locally - you should be able to get them in the UK! Especially on Ebay and Amazon!
                        Last edited by llp; 07 September 2013, 08:39 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          And it was 28 degrees on Thursday and we were in the pool splashing about. Welcome to September in the UK.

Hope the rain holds off long enough to get my washing dry.
                          It held off long enough for most of the food to be devoured, then it bucketed down! Great for the kids though - they had a bouncy castle with a slide attached, so they got out the bodyboards and had a whale of a time on the wet slide

Baby Nathan wearing his very first cardigan - knitted by me

Laurie, yesterday I actually had occasion to say "I'm only 60!"
                          Last edited by Jumble; 07 September 2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Oh! Totally forgot - saw this flying pig in a gift shop at St Pancras waiting for Nad's train home...........

.... thought it very apt

Comment

too funny!
                              sigpic

Comment

Baby Nathan wearing his very first cardigan - knitted by me

Laurie, yesterday I actually had occasion to say "I'm only 60!"
                                Nice knitting job.... lovely sweater.

And I hate to ask why you would say your "only 60" - don't want to know that!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X