X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Send them round mine to do my bathroom.
    Wish I could

£54 for a new wheelie bin/ They're having a laugh aren't they?

FWIW you can buy them much cheaper than that. Our council are introducing them as a trial in some areas and I hope to goodness they don't bring them in across the borough. Currently, I fill up one black bag ever other week (we have food waste, green waste, plastic, glass, card and paper collected separately, plus all my veg peelings got to make worm food) so I certainly do not want to be having to store a hulking great big bin on my property for one pokey little bag every couple of weeks.
    I thought you already had a wheelie bin?

I checked ebay, and couldn't find one under £46 + delivery. I always put all my rubbish in bags before it goes in the bin, so I think I'll just stick with the holey one

Poorly Benjabubs. Big old boil on his bum. Screaming fit all round because he wouldn't let me put a dressing on it. Got there in the end but feeling like the worst mother in the world for it. And that, pretty much, has been my day in a nutshell.
    Ouch! That won't be comfortable to sit on Poor Ben

Comment

LJ, shouldn't you be busy packing?

Nice sigs though

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        LJ, shouldn't you be busy packing?

Nice sigs though
        Erm. Maaaaybe...

sigpic

Comment

I don't blame you for taking a break - moving isn't fun!

Comment

I don't blame you for taking a break - moving isn't fun!
            Indeed! But, as Boykid says, "Most of our stuff is still in boxes in the garage!" I knew this place wasn't long-term and so didn't unpack very much, even when Hubby was screaming about not being able to find his kitchen gadgets.
            sigpic

Comment

Wish I could

I thought you already had a wheelie bin?
              No, my neighbours have two though.

I checked ebay, and couldn't find one under £46 + delivery. I always put all my rubbish in bags before it goes in the bin, so I think I'll just stick with the holey one
              You can get them cheaper off ebay, but not by much. When the bathroom fitters come do your bathroom, smile sweetly at them and ask them if they happen to have any old plastic offcuts from old bath panels and explain, nicely, that you want to cut it up to fill the hole in your bin and how the horrid council wanted to charge poor old you so much money for a new one... and then see if your charm works.

Loving the Joesigs. Keep on LJ sod the packing!
              sigpic

Comment

No, my neighbours have two though.
                Ah, that's what confused me.

You can get them cheaper off ebay, but not by much. When the bathroom fitters come do your bathroom, smile sweetly at them and ask them if they happen to have any old plastic offcuts from old bath panels and explain, nicely, that you want to cut it up to fill the hole in your bin and how the horrid council wanted to charge poor old you so much money for a new one... and then see if your charm works.
                Unfortunately I don't have that sort of bath panel - mine is homemade of MDF No, I'm just going to ignore the hole and keep using it until it falls apart. Then, if the council insist that I must use a wheelie bin they can darnwell give me a new one! My Council Tax pays for rubbish removal, they refuse to collect it any way other than in a wheelie bin, ergo they should supply one

Comment

The city I live in provides us with wheelie bins. I don't even think we can buy them anywhere. If one breaks or gets stolen, we call and they deliver one. We even have tracking systems in them.
                  We care about our trash pick up.

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                  Well...but...we're Woohoos! There has to be nekkid running!...right...????
                  So true.

Poorly Benjabubs. Big old boil on his bum. Screaming fit all round because he wouldn't let me put a dressing on it. Got there in the end but feeling like the worst mother in the world for it. And that, pretty much, has been my day in a nutshell.
                  Ouch!
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*fallz on face* I hate packing!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                      *fallz on face* I hate packing!
                      I so understand. Once I retired I moved 4 times in 5 years. The last being in the house I bought and will live in forever (unless through some form of magic I become a millionaire) and it that happens I can afford to have someone else pack me up and move me to my mansion with the view of either Puget Sound or Lake Washington!

And Jumble - hope you got some of that "feelings" I talked about (still have loads of it) - I'm still feeling great and happy and had a very productive day doing things I have been procrastinating about forever.

sigpic

Comment

And to get us in the mood............

Comment

Going with some old art - taking Ellie and a friend to London for the day so haven't got time to make anything new today!

sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

WooHoodStock!

*shimmies*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Happy 1st day of Woohooodstock
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X