The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know it was just a random twit EH-T

Ok tv and radio, I'm pretty sure there is nobody in the UK that hasn't heard that Andy won - I for one don't need to hear it every two minutes

Comment

hehehe - there are endless replays on the tennis channel here.

I've been clearing out a bedroom to make it into my office/studio. I had a bunch of furniture removed yesterday, (gave it to some of our carpenters) and now I'm cleaning out the rest of the junk so that I will have my desk, bookcase, and lots of space - so that I can put up my backdrop and photography lights/reflectors so that I can do photo shoots.
      sigpic

Comment

Oooh what are you planning on photographing Nola? People or things?

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        As far as I know it was just a random twit EH-T
        Is that was a twitter user is called? I suppose it must be. Seems kind of rude but also strangely appropriate too.

Ok tv and radio, I'm pretty sure there is nobody in the UK that hasn't heard that Andy won - I for one don't need to hear it every two minutes
        OMG! He won? Argh! No really...

Nah I did hear but haven't been bombarded with the news, thankfully. I was too busy doing other things last night like skinny dipping in the pool - which is what happens after 2 bottles of cherry wine and a sneaky escapee diam bar . I am very pleased for him though; he's worked bloody hard for it and deserves the acclaim. Must be a relief for him too, given the weight of expectation on him.

LFCC was awesome. Glad we went; a completely different experience to Chevron and AT events but still that wonderful friendly feeling of familiarity among attendees - even though there were so many different fandoms there. I was trying to get some good pictures of the cosplayers but only have a few. I'll try and upload later if I have time. Was also lovely to bump into some Woohoos too.

Belated Happy Birthday Deeds. Hope you had a good one.

Looks like this week is going to be another scorchio so if I'm not around much, you know where I'll be.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Is that was a twitter user is called? I suppose it must be. Seems kind of rude but also strangely appropriate too.
          Probably not, but I like it

OMG! He won? Argh! No really...

Nah I did hear but haven't been bombarded with the news, thankfully. I was too busy doing other things last night like skinny dipping in the pool - which is what happens after 2 bottles of cherry wine and a sneaky escapee diam bar . I am very pleased for him though; he's worked bloody hard for it and deserves the acclaim. Must be a relief for him too, given the weight of expectation on him.
          Was that with or without your expected guest? And how did the lights look?

LFCC was awesome. Glad we went; a completely different experience to Chevron and AT events but still that wonderful friendly feeling of familiarity among attendees - even though there were so many different fandoms there. I was trying to get some good pictures of the cosplayers but only have a few. I'll try and upload later if I have time. Was also lovely to bump into some Woohoos too.
          Yes, it was an experience and nice to see Amanda, however briefly, but I'd never do it again on such a hot day Hair dripping with sweat isn't a good look for an AT photoshoot

Looks like this week is going to be another scorchio so if I'm not around much, you know where I'll be.
          Hm. Well in the absence of a pool of my own I'll be sitting in front of my giant fan

Comment

Probably not, but I like it
            Me too. Made me

Was that with or without your expected guest? And how did the lights look?

That would be telling.
            Bit of both actually. I was cossie'd up, he was nekkid though on account of not bringing his trunks. Frankly, it's not like I've not seen it all before (cue conversation we were having yesterday ). I did go back in after he went home though and I did strip off for that. It was getting on for cold by then but it was almost 1am.

The lights look amazing. I adjusted them slightly because I had a brainwave to put them horizontal and they look a lot better that way. Thanks for helping with them.

Yes, it was an experience and nice to see Amanda, however briefly, but I'd never do it again on such a hot day Hair dripping with sweat isn't a good look for an AT photoshoot
            It was pretty sweaty in there. Even Amanda looked kind of shiny in the photos. You have to hand it to these guys; they spend the entire day stuck in a hot sweaty hall hugging random strangers who smell of all sorts of days-worth-of body odour. Kind of got to admire them for that.
            sigpic

Comment

Damn! I knew I should have stayed for tea

Oh yes, I did feel sorry for Amanda having to hug heaven knows how many sweaty bodies Yet she did it with her usual grace and somehow managed to look her usual cool, beautiful self So glad I took my deo with me

Comment

Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks...and the lovely Discodiva gif from Nola

Boy it was a hot weekend....and yes I am very glad I didn't go to London.....I do feel very sorry for the actors having to hug, smile and keep going when all around are melting...

Funny story from a few years ago - me and Mr Deeds went to Paris a) for a romantic weekend away as we live very close to Eurostar and it's an easy journey for us and b) to spend one day at Paris Manga Convention where Michael Shanks was a guest...now in October it's normally pretty average temps, maybe a bit warmer in Paris..however this weekend it decided to hit the very high 30's for 5 days!!!...Michael usually travels light (cabin bags only) on these short long haul weekends and had left Vancouver in 15 deg C temps...he was wearing a long sleeved sweatshirt or plaid shirt all weekend...what with the extreme heat, very little air con and thousands of sweaty Europeans, many wearing very furry costumes and a definite lack of deodorant, I think he should have been given the Congressional Medal for Above and Beyond Call of Convention Duty...I've never felt more like melting than I did that day....quite horrible....

Paris was gorgeous as always though..the next day we walked for miles and soaked up the wonderful Indian Summer sun, museums, food and wine...

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Apparently Oma has just passed her Midwifery entrance exam! HUGE congrats to her

Comment

31C

*goes to sit in front of the open freezer and eat ice-cream*

Comment

31C

*goes to sit in front of the open freezer and eat ice-cream*
                      Is it so uncommon for you?

I'm back in Italy. Great but tiring weekend. I am sorry I stayed so little with you but it seemed rude to abandon my other friends.
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Blimey Deeds, I would say, er, yes. Didn't someone buy the man a tee shirt at least!

Apparently Oma has just passed her Midwifery entrance exam! HUGE congrats to her
                        Yay Oma. Congrats.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                        Is it so uncommon for you?
                        Yes! We normally get maybe 6 or 7 days a year where it goes above 28C, and maybe only a couple where it's low 30s. That said, last couple of years have been dreadful and we've barely broken above 25 at all. And we've had a long cold, wet and miserable winter and spring (up until a few weeks ago plants that normally flower in March were still in bloom it's been that bad). So as hot and sticky as it is right now, it's a really nice change to have some sunshine and warmth.
                        And, of course, where there's water to go splash in at the end of the day, that's something to look forward to.

I'm back in Italy. Great but tiring weekend. I am sorry I stayed so little with you but it seemed rude to abandon my other friends.
                        Absolutely understand and it's as it should be. It was lovely to see you anyway.
                        sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! Go Oma!

So soon there'll be two midwives in the Woohoo family

*happy dances in the sun* I LOOOOOVE THIS WEATHER
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*kicks back with a Coke*
                            sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Yay for the hot 'n' sticky LFCC fun!

WooHood Oma!

*doesn't love this weather*
                              Ickybah.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

To clarify... That last Ickybah came from the fact that when it's this hot, a pooload of men decide that they want to go grocery shopping. Shirtless. Wearing man hotpants. Somehow, they're all sunburnt and sweaty. And very happy to stand next to me.

No. Nad doesn't do summer anymore. Bring on the freezing cold. And turtlenecks.
                                Sweaty moobs freak me out.

*blinks*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X