No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My stupid cold is trying to settle in my chest. Time for a hot toddy! It may not help, but it sure won't hurt
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      He's probably having his casual racism removed at last.
      But he woodn't be the same without it

Good - and bad - news on the test front, Jumble. Knowing what it is gives you some place to start but it's probably not making you feel wonderful right now. I hope the appointment comes through quickly though; nothing worse than waiting for these things. Glad the doc's name gave you a little smile. I have no idea what my GP's first name is... probably "Liability" now I think about it.
      Er......... I guess knowing what some of it is helps, although it wasn't really unexpected. Not knowing the other part wood be a worry if I was inclined to worry, which I'm not going to until there's something definite to worry about I'm past the panic/stress/depression/denial stages and have reached the oh well/whatever stage. The Chevron week-end taught me that yes, it hurts, and yes, I was exhausted, but it won't stop me doing the things I want to do as long as I don't let it

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      My stupid cold is trying to settle in my chest. Time for a hot toddy! It may not help, but it sure won't hurt
      True, but I hope it does help

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        But he woodn't be the same without it

Er......... I guess knowing what some of it is helps, although it wasn't really unexpected. Not knowing the other part wood be a worry if I was inclined to worry, which I'm not going to until there's something definite to worry about I'm past the panic/stress/depression/denial stages and have reached the oh well/whatever stage. The Chevron week-end taught me that yes, it hurts, and yes, I was exhausted, but it won't stop me doing the things I want to do as long as I don't let it

True, but I hope it does help

Good to hear you have adopted the "stuff you" attitude towards it. Life is for getting on with, IMO. if you can find a way to enjoy it and deal with the pain from time to time then I say go for it and enjoy what you can while you can. As for the other thing... I think you're right not to worry overly. There's so many freaky deaky things floating about in our bodies that who knows what damage they are or are not doing. it might be nothing or it might be something that's not important. I have a weird antigen in my blood that nobody's every adequately explained to me but may well be a contributing factor to my inability to get and stay pregnant - along with other factors - and hence why I ended up having to be immune suppressed to have Benjabubs. In normal every day life it's just a thing that's there but became important for a short period of my life. Hopefully whatever they find with yours is something mostly benign... and if not, something they can treat/deal with.
        I have heard that RA is prone to flare ups; I think that thing you said about your immune system being a bit lowered might be something; perhaps it's your body's way of saying "look after me and treat yourself".

You're right about Philip; I wouldn't like he half as much if not for the hilarity of his comments.

I was going to put the pool up today but West London is not playing nice on the weather side. It's supposed to be warm, sunny and 22 degrees today. Really?
        sigpic

Comment

Jumble - I love the 'stuff you' approach to life. It helps lots. I'm glad you did have a great weekend despite the pain. I adore all the photos, but I especially giggle when I see Martindoll getting squished in favour of the handsome Dan Payne.

I couldn't remember my photobucket password and for some reason, recovering it wouldn't work either. So, since I got fed up with pb anyway, I'm gonna share my pictures through this instead.

I'm unsure of size so I'm just posting the link

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4...2/P1130259.JPG

and

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3...2/P1130258.JPG
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

OK. I think I just have one post now. I don't know what happened there, but my browser slowed down and then I had several posts saying the same thing!
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Good to hear you have adopted the "stuff you" attitude towards it. Life is for getting on with, IMO. if you can find a way to enjoy it and deal with the pain from time to time then I say go for it and enjoy what you can while you can. As for the other thing... I think you're right not to worry overly. There's so many freaky deaky things floating about in our bodies that who knows what damage they are or are not doing. it might be nothing or it might be something that's not important. I have a weird antigen in my blood that nobody's every adequately explained to me but may well be a contributing factor to my inability to get and stay pregnant - along with other factors - and hence why I ended up having to be immune suppressed to have Benjabubs. In normal every day life it's just a thing that's there but became important for a short period of my life. Hopefully whatever they find with yours is something mostly benign... and if not, something they can treat/deal with.
              I have heard that RA is prone to flare ups; I think that thing you said about your immune system being a bit lowered might be something; perhaps it's your body's way of saying "look after me and treat yourself".
              Yep, 'stuff it' is exactly how I feel right now and I'm having a much better day

You're right about Philip; I wouldn't like he half as much if not for the hilarity of his comments.
              Yep, that's who he is

I was going to put the pool up today but West London is not playing nice on the weather side. It's supposed to be warm, sunny and 22 degrees today. Really?
              Seems to me that every time you plan on putting up your pool the weather changes for the worst

It's funny, but since meeting David Hewlett last week, using the smiley feels different Kind of, more familiar?

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              Jumble - I love the 'stuff you' approach to life. It helps lots. I'm glad you did have a great weekend despite the pain. I adore all the photos, but I especially giggle when I see Martindoll getting squished in favour of the handsome Dan Payne.
              I think 'stuff you' is the only way to deal with it

In my defense, Martindoll was initially completely squished by Dan's arm, but I pulled him out just as the camera clicked - otherwise all we wood have seen of him wood have been his legs But I do love that I got the two-armed hug from Dan

I couldn't remember my photobucket password and for some reason, recovering it wouldn't work either. So, since I got fed up with pb anyway, I'm gonna share my pictures through this instead.

I'm unsure of size so I'm just posting the link

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4...2/P1130259.JPG

and

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3...2/P1130258.JPG
              Nice

GW had a hissy fit the other day and when it came back I found my previous post had been triplicated

Yes, I do know that the right word is 'trippled', but that's just boring

Comment

So how is everyone? Sorry for the absence, but real life has been getting in the way. That and I got distracted by Youtube for a week at least.
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

GW is up and down like a flippin' yoyo - must be Friday!

Just got a text from Dominos in Solihull offering me two for one on any pizza - long way to go for a pizza

I also get frequent emails from The Fish House restaurant in Vancouver trying to tempt me with new menus...... that'd be one very expensive meal

Comment

Ah, Fridays, gotta love them.

Yes, that wood be expensive!
                    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Jumble - It may be an expensive meal - but still a very good one! Let me know when you get there and I'll drive up to join you.

Oh and you will all be glad to know - I'm heading to the doctor's today for something to help with the cough. I know my cold routines and all though this is one of the really bad ones it is going away. But the cough is the worse I've had since I was a kid! (Hmmmm second childhood??? thought it was a mental thing not a cough thing!

Jumble - I am really sorry to hear about your med problem. My grandfather had that - one of the few things I apparently didn't inherit from my family.... however they gave me enough things to deal with! You do have the right attitude and there are so many more meds these days. As for that other thing floating around in your blood - I know you are way to ornery to let it get to you! So you have the right idea about it!

Well off to the doctor's for some meds!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Jumble - It may be an expensive meal - but still a very good one! Let me know when you get there and I'll drive up to join you.
                        I wish There is so much more of Vancouver that I'd like to see - seemed the last trip was way too short.

Oh and you will all be glad to know - I'm heading to the doctor's today for something to help with the cough. I know my cold routines and all though this is one of the really bad ones it is going away. But the cough is the worse I've had since I was a kid! (Hmmmm second childhood??? thought it was a mental thing not a cough thing!
                        Good! Let's hope the doc can sort you out

Jumble - I am really sorry to hear about your med problem. My grandfather had that - one of the few things I apparently didn't inherit from my family.... however they gave me enough things to deal with! You do have the right attitude and there are so many more meds these days. As for that other thing floating around in your blood - I know you are way to ornery to let it get to you! So you have the right idea about it!

Well off to the doctor's for some meds!
                        Don't really see what else I can do, except give in, and I don't think I even know how to do that

Besides, I need to stay upright at least until next April - don't want to literally fall at Martin's feet do I?

Comment

Just been chatting with Sammie on FB - she's going to the LFCC next month so we'll get to see her *bounces* Didn't realise how close it was - only four weeks

Comment

Hey again,
                            Jumble just told me (on Facebook) that you are going to be at LFCC next month. I can't wait to meet you again.
                            *hugs*

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the post from you, Jumble
                            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

*waves enthusiastically at Sammie*

Yes, I bounced right over here to tell everyone!

Comment

Besides, I need to stay upright at least until next April - don't want to literally fall at Martin's feet do I?

Er.. I reckon you'll do that anyway.

Just been chatting with Sammie on FB - she's going to the LFCC next month so we'll get to see her *bounces* Didn't realise how close it was - only four weeks
                                Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                                Hey again,
                                Jumble just told me (on Facebook) that you are going to be at LFCC next month. I can't wait to meet you again.
                                *hugs*

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the post from you, Jumble
                                Yay, hello Sammie. Quite a lot of people I know are going. Well it's a tenner huh, may as well. I may or may not be getting additional autos/photos depending on finances.
                                I must admit, I wrote it on the calender this morning and thought only a month away.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X