The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

I was wondering where the Jumble Banner was...
    So was I, because I could have sworn I made one last week but couldn't find it............ so that one was a quick recycling of a previous one

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Yes, I think the fruits in wine are what make the hangovers worse. I always have a wicked hangover on wine, whereas spirits, normally I'm a bit woozy but recover much quicker.
    Funnily enough tequila is the one drink that doesn't really give me a hangover. Not proper pure agave tequila anyway; that blended rubbish we get in the supermarkets here is not great.
    I'm the opposite - never had a hangover on wine, but with spirits, horrendous That's assuming I could keep it down long enough for it to reach my brain

It's the difference between the grape and the grain, plus they are created using completely different methods

Comment

Joe pic! *dancez*

sigpic

Comment

Looks like he's been having fun with his pasta maker

Comment

This news item made me laugh:

"In Chigwell, Pudding Lane is closed due to a fire"

(in case you don't get it, the Great Fire of London in 1666 started in a baker's shop in Pudding Lane, London )

On the other hand, the rest of this morning's news isn't at all amusing. Thousands of people have been without power, some also without water, in Scotland, Wales and Ireland due to the snow. Sheep and cattle in County Antrim are literally freezing to death. Farmers can't get to their livestock to feed them, and if they could move them, there is nowhere to move them to

Unless we get a sudden heatwave this week, this will be the coldest March since 1969. '63 and '69 were winters I will never forget.

Comment

this weather is insane. We had the hottest day on record for March about a week ago - 98/36.66
            sigpic

Comment

well hello Pasta Joe!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              This news item made me laugh:

"In Chigwell, Pudding Lane is closed due to a fire"
              I saw that had had the same giggle moment for exactly the same reason.
              Face it, between the plague and the fire, London wasn't having a happy time of it in the 1660s.

This weather is totally narking me off. I have spuds to get in the ground, for pity's sake! I just want to be warm. I'm defintely not dreaming of a white Easter but I sure wish I'd placed a sizeable bet on one now.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd like some fresh pasta. Think Joe would send me some?

I don't want to get out of my nice warm bed this morning and go to work.
                sigpic

Comment

*runs in*

*huggles*

oohhh that pasta from Joe looks good!

As for the weather...I really want spring to begin! It's just too cold! Brrrr!

*hops on couch* class is just boring today! *le sigh*
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks like spring here today! Yay! I'm at the shop helping Hubby with a sign. Guess I should get back to that...
                    sigpic

Comment

Bounces in - no one here to play - - bounces out..... going to go out and what the sun is out - no there is goes away - no wait it is back again. Hmmmm! Tried looking outside but eyes hadn't quite gotten there yet. Oh my, not a rain cloud in site. Do I dare go outside without it! Decided to be brave but that lasted about 1 minute - still cold. Went and got a jacket. Checks weather report - NO rain! Yeah!

Two days in a row = and what 60*F /15.5*C it going to be the high today. Went from freezing temps 2 days ago to this? but happy I'm going out in the world and get some sunshine.... that will show my Vit D deficient body who is boss!
                      sigpic

Comment

*bounces in*

I'm baaaaack!!!!!!!

*squishy huggles everyone* How are you all? Had fun while I've been away? Any news of note or other excitements?

I had an amazing, amazing time - loved every single minute of my trip except for the exceedingly long plane rides. Landed back at Heathrow yesterday evening, absolutely exhausted, but my awesome brother was there to pick me up and take me back to my mum & dad's, rather than having to get a bus back to Oxford and a flat that would be cold and empty of food. Have just driven back up today, with a stop to see my sister and nephew So very cold here though If it wasn't for the fact that I have had quite enough of planes for a while I'd be tempted to head straight back to the Southern Hemisphere!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          well hello Pasta Joe!

I saw that had had the same giggle moment for exactly the same reason.
                          Face it, between the plague and the fire, London wasn't having a happy time of it in the 1660s.
                          I could hardly believe my ears when I heard it

This weather is totally narking me off. I have spuds to get in the ground, for pity's sake! I just want to be warm. I'm defintely not dreaming of a white Easter but I sure wish I'd placed a sizeable bet on one now.
                          It feels colder now than any time over the winter - 4C now

If Martin reads this he'll think we're all such wimps - after all, he survived in - 50C whilst filming Continuum. The difference is, he got paid! And we're just not used to it

*thinks*

Hm. Good excuse to give him an extra huggle, right?

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          *runs in*

*huggles*

oohhh that pasta from Joe looks good!

As for the weather...I really want spring to begin! It's just too cold! Brrrr!

*hops on couch* class is just boring today! *le sigh*
                          Spring began four days ago - did you blink and miss it?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          *bounces in*

I'm baaaaack!!!!!!!

*squishy huggles everyone* How are you all? Had fun while I've been away? Any news of note or other excitements?

I had an amazing, amazing time - loved every single minute of my trip except for the exceedingly long plane rides. Landed back at Heathrow yesterday evening, absolutely exhausted, but my awesome brother was there to pick me up and take me back to my mum & dad's, rather than having to get a bus back to Oxford and a flat that would be cold and empty of food. Have just driven back up today, with a stop to see my sister and nephew So very cold here though If it wasn't for the fact that I have had quite enough of planes for a while I'd be tempted to head straight back to the Southern Hemisphere!
                          *squishy huggles Josi*

Go on then, tell us what the temperature was in Oz

Hope you enjoyed your walk in the sunshine Laurie

CONGRATS ON 10,000 POSTS NOLA!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            *bounces in*

I'm baaaaack!!!!!!!

Welcome back! *huggles*

Jumble officially Spring has begun, but I'm still not noticing anything of it! sooo cold! Brrrr! I want to walk around without a coat again! Not with still my wintercoat on!
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous font LJ - care to share?

How come you never post on the AfA thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X