The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Martin wood have made the white smoke look so much cooler.
    *shrugs*
    Yeah, he wood have added some spark and dazzle to it to make it worth the wait

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    *sneeks in*
    My laptop went Bang last week well, ok, more of a pop and fizzle and I've finally gotten around to getting a new one today. It's shiny and red and FAST!!! Windows 8 is certainly interesting, though I'm not entirely sure what everyone's problem with it is

Anywhoo, just popped by to say hi!

*sneeks out*
    *squishy huggles MR* We've missed you!

What's the problem with Windows 8? I've just got W7 and I'm still in two minds - some things I like, but I have found some irritating issues with it. It gives with one hand and takes away with the other

Comment

*sneeks in*

My laptop went Bang last week well, ok, more of a pop and fizzle and I've finally gotten around to getting a new one today. It's shiny and red and FAST!!! Windows 8 is certainly interesting, though I'm not entirely sure what everyone's problem with it is

Anywhoo, just popped by to say hi!

*sneeks out*
      *waves and hugs*
      Yay for the new laptop!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Yeah, he wood have added some spark and dazzle to it to make it worth the wait
      Right!

What's the problem with Windows 8? I've just got W7 and I'm still in two minds - some things I like, but I have found some irritating issues with it. It gives with one hand and takes away with the other
      New programs always irritate me.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I can't believe Spring Break is half over already!
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

*huggles*

I actually like win8. A lot of people don't and I don't know why. Yes it's different but it's not bad to use. Ok the whole duel screen thing that you can toggle between can be a bit irritating but essentially it's just win7 evolved to keep up with the tablet market.
          sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Right!
            He does like a little spark and dazzle

New programs always irritate me.
            Not all new/improved programs irritate me - just the ones that take away my favourite features and then add in something that doesn't quite make up for it

*huggles*

I actually like win8. A lot of people don't and I don't know why. Yes it's different but it's not bad to use. Ok the whole duel screen thing that you can toggle between can be a bit irritating but essentially it's just win7 evolved to keep up with the tablet market.
            Ah, I meant what had you heard were the problems with it.

Duel screen?

Hang on......... did you say it's RED?? That's it, I'm so jealous I'll probably never huggle you again

*goes off in a strop and throws self under the Hippy Bus*

Comment

I'm still here!

*runs around giving huggles*
              sigpic

Comment

*accepts huggles gratefully*

*returns them *
                sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bekki*

*tries not to fall back to sleep*

Comment

Ah, I meant what had you heard were the problems with it.
                    Just a lot of little niggles really. I think the main problem is Win8 is really designed for touchscreens and the whole concept of the app screen goes out of the window on a normal laptop or desktop - that and I had to google where they'd hidden the shutdown button (seriously!)

Duel screen?
                    Yep. The Win8 app screen and a 'normal' (looks like win7) desktop screen.

Hang on......... did you say it's RED?? That's it, I'm so jealous I'll probably never huggle you again

*goes off in a strop and throws self under the Hippy Bus*
                    Yep and it's shiny!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Just a lot of little niggles really. I think the main problem is Win8 is really designed for touchscreens and the whole concept of the app screen goes out of the window on a normal laptop or desktop - that and I had to google where they'd hidden the shutdown button (seriously!)

Yep. The Win8 app screen and a 'normal' (looks like win7) desktop screen.
                      Really glad I didn't go for that one then! Win7 might have a few issues but at least it's features can all be used on a laptop

Yep and it's shiny!!
                      *sticks out tongue and walks away to sulk*

Last edited by Jumble; 14 March 2013, 05:25 AM.

Comment

*runs around nekkid*

Weeeee
                        sigpic

Comment

*waves to nekkid (and probably shivering) Jann*

From Twitter:

Primeval - New World ?@PrimevalNWGuide

AND #PrimevalNewWorld nominated for Best Science Fiction Series! Congrats All! Everyone, visit the site and vote! http://constellations.tcon.ca

Only Canadians can vote

Comment

Really glad I didn't go for that one then! Win7 might have a few issues but at least it's features can all be used on a laptop
                            I can imagine that Win8 is great on touchscreens but it does a fairly decent job on my laptop. I personally like it, easy to navigate and relatively organised . It certainly took me less time to get used to than Win7 did!

*sticks out tongue and walks away to sulk*

On a completely different note, look who turns 1 next week!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Aw, what a cutie!

I guess I've got used to Win7 fairly quickly, it's just the bits it doesn't have that Vista did that I find irksome

I've just opened a bottle of what I assumed was alcohol free wine since that's all I usually have in the house, but the first mouthful nearly choked me - Jacob's Creek Shiraz Rose Anyone want to pop round and drink it for me? Just to save me from temptation? Anyone?

*waves to Jakie* Stop lurking down there and come and say Hi!

Comment

I have an unopened bottle of wine in my refrigerator now. I just got back from being at the spa for a couple of days. had a lovely time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X