No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in America, we call it curb rather than kerb - pronounced the same though.
    sigpic

Comment

Here you go Cags.....

*Name:*
      Preferences:
      Fave tv shows:
      Characters/pairings:
      Colours you love/hate:
      Fave PTB:
      Music/Lyrics:
      Special requests/No no’s:

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Just checked on the Guest Suggestions list for Chevron 8.0. They've posted a list of possible guests and how many votes each of them has - we need to get a lot more for Martin, there are 15 above him

So please WooHoos, those that haven't already done so, go and vote here.

But... some of it is based on availability and willingness to do it. You could probably wipe half those off the list because they're not available or don't want to/not being offered enough to do it.
        The idea is out there now so it's not just Woohoos thinking "hey, that would be really cool!"

*iz optimistic*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        in America, we call it curb rather than kerb - pronounced the same though.
        Well curb is a word here too; it; just means something else - namely somethign you have on toast like lemon cur... no hang on! That's curd.
        Nah, it is a word here too (to restain or rein in). We just like to confuse the rest of the world with our love of homophones.

Thanks Jumble. Will PM you now.
        sigpic

Comment

Well look at that! Half term is 27 to 31st May 2013 so that means, if I go to Chevron 8.0 (huh, what do I mean if... when. ) I won't have to leave it until school pick up time and race up the motorway to Brum. Although, obviously I am going to have to come home on the Sunday for school on Monday. It makes things a bit easier though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            But... some of it is based on availability and willingness to do it. You could probably wipe half those off the list because they're not available or don't want to/not being offered enough to do it.
            The idea is out there now so it's not just Woohoos thinking "hey, that would be really cool!"

*iz optimistic*
            You're right of course - but the numbers just went up so there are fewer to worry about

Well curb is a word here too; it; just means something else - namely somethign you have on toast like lemon cur... no hang on! That's curd.
            Nah, it is a word here too (to restain or rein in). We just like to confuse the rest of the world with our love of homophones.

Thanks Jumble. Will PM you now.
            I actually spelt it 'curb' when I first posted, then realised it was the wrong word

Comment

well as a verb "curb" means to restrain or diminish, but as a noun it means the edge of the street, generally with a built up stone or concrete edge that is raised somewhat to distinguish the sidewalk from the actual street. So basically, it curbs drivers from encroaching on the walkway!
              sigpic

Comment

Does anyone else find this creepy?
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

You're right of course - but the numbers just went up so there are fewer to worry about
                  Ah good. People are cluing in to my massive sell (sorry I had to put RC down too; I know you're not a fan, Jumble but I doubt he'd do it anyway as he's always busy. )

I actually spelt it 'curb' when I first posted, then realised it was the wrong word

I did the same.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  well as a verb "curb" means to restrain or diminish, but as a noun it means the edge of the street, generally with a built up stone or concrete edge that is raised somewhat to distinguish the sidewalk from the actual street. So basically, it curbs drivers from encroaching on the walkway!
                  I love how words work.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                  Does anyone else find this creepy?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5OARDWgGek
                  I got all of 23 seconds in and...yep... creepy. Creepier than a creepy thing that crept in a crypt, cr****d and crept out again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Ah good. People are cluing in to my massive sell (sorry I had to put RC down too; I know you're not a fan, Jumble but I doubt he'd do it anyway as he's always busy. )
                    Seriously Cags, do you really think I'd even notice if RC was there with Martin and Dan around? You're talking to the WooHoo who sat next to Amanda Tapping the first time she met her and didn't hear a word she said because Martin was in the same room

I got all of 23 seconds in and...yep... creepy. Creepier than a creepy thing that crept in a crypt, cr****d and crept out again.

Comment

why would anyone make a video of reading a wiki article? And in a mechanical voice no less!
                      sigpic

Comment

Why indeed

Comment

Seriously Cags, do you really think I'd even notice if RC was there with Martin and Dan around? You're talking to the WooHoo who sat next to Amanda Tapping the first time she met her and didn't hear a word she said because Martin was in the same room

Um... no!
                          sigpic

Comment

Really really why?! THere's also a vid about Zelenka. I will not post it, since Zelenka on it's own is... lol, creepier then creepy that crept into the.. Cags! I blame you!
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Sorry!

Surely some of you (ok maybe not you Dee, or, er, anyone else not from the UK... which is most of you) have heard that particular expression before? It was one of Charles' favourites. Maybe it's an oldie.

Zelenka is just creepy without the robotic voice dictation.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble
                                Do you know what really ticks me off more than anything else in the whole flippin' universe? People who think it's ok to park at the end of my driveway, thereby blocking my access to it I paid a substantial amount of money to get the kerb dropped so that it wood be illegal for anyone to park there, so what do they do? They totally ignore all the places where they CAN legally park and park where they legally CAN'T!!! And after I sat there with my indicator flashing and politely beeped my horn a couple of times with no result, the idiot was surprised when I got out of my car (in the rain) and requested that he move his car....... not so politely ..... and was even more surprised when, on telling me that he wood only be a few more minutes, I got out my phone, started dialling, and asked him how many minutes he thought it wood take the police to arrive. He moved his car.
                                You go girl - the guy was an idiot - only made more so by his comments!

BTW - will try using my Yahoo email address if I can remember it!

Cags - I have learned that it doesn't matter if it is the best or worst neighborhoods, idiots will do really bad things everywhere if they can!

Also - some really cool news - yesterday I got an email from my real estate agent and also one from my Escrow agent telling me I am getting more money back. Apparently they held out more money then was necessary for property taxes until they were sure I qualified for the lower rate given to "seniors" (cough, cough) - so today I went and picked up a nice check. To celebrate, I bought a goat for the S4K village and went out for a really nice lunch today (no goat meat eaten) - and I still have a lot more money left and it is now in my saving account!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X