No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading an article the other day about migraines. Interesting point - many people have them and don't realize it. There's no such thing as a "sinus headache" - these are often mild migraines centered on the upper face. My migraines range anywhere from a day with sensitivity to light and sound all the way to several days with all the vomiting and joy attached.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      I was reading an article the other day about migraines. Interesting point - many people have them and don't realize it. There's no such thing as a "sinus headache" - these are often mild migraines centered on the upper face.
      A while back now we all had a chat about headaches and I said something like "I don't get mirgaines but I do get those really bad headaches that..." and went on to describe what I was then emphatically told were classic mirgaines.

Never heard of adbominal migraines before but, hey, this thread really is very educational... not to mention purty with all that lovely Martiny Picspamming.

*Huggles Nola and Ellie gently*

I am going to print that and give it to Benjabubs.

Incidentally, Benjabubs, first day back at school last Thursday, came home with a bump on the head sticker. No doubt the first of many.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Are all forms of migraine hereditary? I'm the only one in my family (for the 5 generations that I know about) to suffer with them

I see that tv has gone Downton crazy Maybe I'll give it go and see what it's like. Maybe
        I have visual migranes - no headaches - just strange vision patterns - happens about 6 or 7 times a year. But haven't heard of anyone else in family having them. And won't be passing them on either! Started getting them for the first time in my 30's. Didn't know what they were until a few years ago.

Glad you are feeling better Jumble - now please - stay that way!

Oh and love Downton Abbey - I also can't wait until January - but have no choice!
        sigpic

Comment

This thread is so diverse and educational
          And that's why I love it

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Incidentally, Benjabubs, first day back at school last Thursday, came home with a bump on the head sticker. No doubt the first of many.
          The good thing about those sticker is that you see less and less of them every year

After a 14 hour sleep last night Ellie is back to her happy cheery self.

Going to spend some time with the little ones this afternoon - apparently it now hurts when James bites thanks to 2 teeth
          sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

*waves to Cags and Laurie*

Glad to hear Ellie is feeling better today

Faffed for hours making a new sig/avi, but PB isn't playing fair today so can only show it this way vvvv

Edit: PB likes me again..............

... and without the border.....

Last edited by Jumble; 15 September 2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to meeting up with loads of WooHoos in 8 weeks
              sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

*waves to Cags and Laurie*

Glad to hear Ellie is feeling better today

Faffed for hours making a new sig/avi, but PB isn't playing fair today so can only show it this way vvvv

Edit: PB likes me again..............

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...avi-140912.jpg
                Glad your PB loves you again! Very quite around here this morning - so busy yesterday. Guess everyone is off doing their Saturday chores!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                  Looking forward to meeting up with loads of WooHoos in 8 weeks
                  My maths is patently rubbish - I was under the impression it was 7 weeks Yes, I did check my diary to make sure

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Glad your PB loves you again! Very quiet around here this morning - so busy yesterday. Guess everyone is off doing their Saturday chores!
                  It's the week-end - most WooHoos seem to be busy then

Mummy rant:

Spoilered for..... well.... rantiness.......

Spoiler:
                  I know that we all have to let go of our kids and let them live their own lives, and I think I'm very good at that most of the time, but I'll admit to being a little upset right now. I've often rolled my eyes and said that I only hear from Jo when she wants something and that it's always me that keeps contact. Awhile back I decided to test that theory, assuming that I wood be proved wrong and that it only seems that way. Since I first had a problem with my shoulder about four/five months ago I've heard from her twice, by text. First time was to ask if I'd repaired (or as Nad wood have it - mended) Oren and Herbie's school trousers because they needed them the next day, start of term. Second time (about an hour ago) to ask if I was still ok to babysit on the 26th October, something I remember nothing about and hadn't got in my diary. There was no 'How are you?' or anything, just 'I want...'

Suz is totally different - she calls at least once a week, and she knows as soon as I say 'Hello?' if there's anything wrong or if I'm not feeling great, and if she knows I'm not well (as with the shoulder), she turns up to see if she can help. They were both brought up the same, given the same values etc., yet they're totally different in their attitudes.

So am I being unreasonable? Should it always be me that makes the call/goes to visit/whatever?

Haven't seen Nad lately......... wonder how they got on with the crumpets

Comment

OOPS yup make that seven weeks and I will be happier, otherwise sitting by myself in empty hotel lol xx
                    sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

*hugs Jumble*

Short answer: No. Whilst you're not expecting her to constantly be on the phone checking up on you, a regular 'how are you' is not an unreasonable thing to expect.
                      Last edited by Madness reigns; 15 September 2012, 10:31 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

On a side note my Sister has had James' hair cut, now it's no longer curly which makes me a little sad because it was so cute
                        But he's still very smiley (and fat!)

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                          OOPS yup make that seven weeks and I will be happier, otherwise sitting by myself in empty hotel lol xx
                          No! Stop confusing me It's definitely 8 weeks from yesterday

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                          *hugs Jumble*

Short answer: No. Whilst you're not expecting her to constantly be on the phone checking up on you, a regular 'how are you' is not an unreasonable thing to expect.
                          That's it exactly......

Spoiler:
                          When I was a child my brothers and I were dragged over to see my grandparents every week-end come rain, hail, typhoon or hurricane, and we hated it! My parents expected me to do the same with my kids - plus, they wood turn up here once a week as well, whether I invited them or not! And heaven help me if I managed to find a reason not to go So I always said that I wood never expect/insist that my kids visited me every week and make them feel darned guilty if they didn't. So it's always been a 'whenever' of choice. With Rob it's a bit different because he's always lived too far away to visit often, but we keep in touch and both feel comfortable about the way it goes. I know Suz doesn't feel obligated, she just does it off her own bat. And if I don't hear from her, I'll call her, and we're both fine with that. It's just Jo that makes me feel that I'm here for her convenience and not required any other time

I guess two out of three ain't bad, but it does make me sad

*sigh*
                          Last edited by Jumble; 15 September 2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

On a side note my Sister has had James' hair cut, now it's no longer curly which makes me a little sad because it was so cute
                            But he's still very smiley (and fat!)

Awwwwwww! He's not fat - he's chubby! Which all babies should be Sad about the curls though - they never seem to come back (with boys) once they've been snipped off

OMG! Just seen Ben Browder on Dr Who! Thought I recognized the voice

Comment

No! Stop confusing me It's definitely 8 weeks from yesterday

That's it exactly......

Spoiler:
                              When I was a child my brothers and I were dragged over to see my grandparents every week-end come rain, hail, typhoon or hurricane, and we hated it! My parents expected me to do the same with my kids - plus, they wood turn up here once a week as well, whether I invited them or not! So I always said that I wood never expect/insist that my kids visited me every week and make them feel darned guilty if they didn't. So it's always been a 'whenever' of choice. With Rob it's a bit different because he's always lived too far away to visit often, but we keep in touch and both feel comfortable about the way it goes. I know Suz doesn't feel obligated, she just does it off her own bat. And if I don't hear from her, I'll call her, and we're both fine with that. It's just Jo that makes me feel that I'm here for her convenience and not required any other time

I guess two out of three ain't bad, but it does make me sad

*sigh*

*MORE HUGS FOR JUMBLE*

Going to have a little rant of my own

Spoiler:

It's funny, my family dynamics go the other way. We never saw our grandparents because they lived too far away and so I have always made a point of taking Ellie to see my Parents as often as she wants and yet my Mother especially has never been all that interested in seeing me.

I mean we have just spent nearly all day up there with me, my sister and the kids and she never once mentioned that she has left her job at the beginning of the week and they are moving - the only reason I know is because my Sister told me yesterday and she only came back off holiday on Thursday evening. But apparently it's not important enough to mention to me. And yet as soon as she wants something - like last minute flights booked - I'm the one who is expected to drop everything and do it.

Ellie is loving Doctor Who at the moment - she just recognised Ben Browder but only as 'one of the people from Mommy's Stargate program'
                              sigpic

Comment

*MORE HUGS FOR JUMBLE*
                                *hugs back*

Going to have a little rant of my own

Spoiler:

It's funny, my family dynamics go the other way. We never saw our grandparents because they lived too far away and so I have always made a point of taking Ellie to see my Parents as often as she wants and yet my Mother especially has never been all that interested in seeing me.

I mean we have just spent nearly all day up there with me, my sister and the kids and she never once mentioned that she has left her job at the beginning of the week and they are moving - the only reason I know is because my Sister told me yesterday and she only came back off holiday on Thursday evening. But apparently it's not important enough to mention to me. And yet as soon as she wants something - like last minute flights booked - I'm the one who is expected to drop everything and do it.
                                Families, huh?

Spoiler:
                                My other grandparents lived a long way away, so it had to be a specially arranged visit to see them, and we all enjoyed it. Perhaps that's the answer - don't live too near your family

My mother....... well pfft! There's nothing good to say about her - she was always more interested in my children than in me, and as each one grew old enough to voice their own opinions (something I always encouraged) she wood turn against them and move on to the younger ones - she could control them better

Best thing I ever did was to stand up to her - even though it meant she never spoke to me again - got my freedom Not that that's always the answer for everyone of course. Hopefully in your case a good honest chat wood result in a better understanding between you

Ellie is loving Doctor Who at the moment - she just recognised Ben Browder but only as 'one of the people from Mommy's Stargate program'
                                I'm enjoying it too, although.........

Spoiler:
                                I did think there was a bit too much silliness on the part of the Doc last week

My rewatch of The Dead Zone has turned up a loooong list of SG and Sanctuary faces - including an awesome semi-nekkid role for Chris Heyerdahl

*cough*

Um.......

*huggles Martin*

Comment

Working...
                                X