The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    If those colours are true to life, I really think you could leave it as it is except for your bedroom and bathroom if you know what colour you want them. The second bedroom looks pretty good as it is and the other colours are all neutral enough to live with until you get a feel for how you want it all to be. That wood be the time to replace the carpets to fit with whatever colour scheme you choose for the rest of the rooms

Me, I'd have it all reds, blacks and purples...... but you know me and my colour schemes
    The living room, kitchen etc pictures are yellowed a little - the place is like the 2nd bedroom - very white! Of course the furniture and knick-knacks aren't mine! My stuff is still all sitting in my apt! Oh the door in the kitchen picture is a small but wonderful pantry! YEAH!

So - what do you think? I like the place (as well as I can remember it) - it has been sooooo long since I've seen it. As for the outside - just a residential looking area. No real view except to look out the windows at the lawns and flowers. But "views" cost too much money!
    Last edited by llp; 25 August 2012, 08:21 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      The living room, kitchen etc pictures are yellowed a little - the place is like the 2nd bedroom - very white! Of course the furniture and knick-knacks aren't mine! My stuff is still all sitting in my apt! Oh the door in the kitchen picture is a small but wonderful pantry! YEAH!
      And that's why I think you should wait! Once you get all your own stuff in there I think you'll have a better idea of what colours wood look best

So - what do you think? I like the place (as well as I can remember it) - it has been sooooo long since I've seen it. As for the outside - just a residential looking area. No real view except to look out the windows at the lawns and flowers. But "views" cost too much money!
      I think it will suit you very well

As you said, in my house all the rooms are separate, so I think I'd find it hard to get used to the open-plan style of yours because it's not what I'm used to. But for you I think it's just right

Comment

And that's why I think you should wait! Once you get all your own stuff in there I think you'll have a better idea of what colours wood look best

I think it will suit you very well

As you said, in my house all the rooms are separate, so I think I'd find it hard to get used to the open-plan style of yours because it's not what I'm used to. But for you I think it's just right
        Most newer homes (last 25+ years) at least on the west coast of the US have open kitchen/dining room/living room areas. My place in Seal Beach was the same way. The rest of the house is (as this one is) separate rooms with a hallway. I'm so use to that now I feel comfortable that way. Maybe you are right - only paint my bedroom/bathroom and leave the rest for another time. Would make it easier! Thanks - I can use any suggestions I can get. First time I ever bought a home totally on my own. Apts aren't the same - you just find something you can be comfortable in and leave it be! Houses need to take on your personality to feel really like your home!
        sigpic

Comment

It's quite possible that the house has been recently painted. Usually realtors will tell people to paint everything white so that folks seeing the house are not prejudiced by the owner's color scheme. It makes it easier to visualize your own stuff in there.

As for bedroom colors - I've had mine a very soft moss green for awhile now. Very soothing.
          sigpic

Comment

llp, the new house looks great.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              It's quite possible that the house has been recently painted. Usually realtors will tell people to paint everything white so that folks seeing the house are not prejudiced by the owner's color scheme. It makes it easier to visualize your own stuff in there.

As for bedroom colors - I've had mine a very soft moss green for awhile now. Very soothing.
              That's true, but I don't believe it really works - making a house look bland and boring woodn't encourage me to buy it, quite the opposite in fact Horses for courses

*waves to EH-T*

Comment

I love that house, Laurie!

Yeah... I'd probably be the boring one with white walls as well. We have that here and it works if you (like my mom) are a decorator. We change accessories with the season, so having outspoken colours on the walls wood just annoy us, because it wood interfere with our 'theme'
                We're about to paint and fix some things in the house and I very daringly heard mom speak about.. natural browns and greens
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Also in 1969... the moon landing.
                  RIP Neil Armstrong.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    I love that house, Laurie!

Yeah... I'd probably be the boring one with white walls as well. We have that here and it works if you (like my mom) are a decorator. We change accessories with the season, so having outspoken colours on the walls wood just annoy us, because it wood interfere with our 'theme'
                    We're about to paint and fix some things in the house and I very daringly heard mom speak about.. natural browns and greens
                    Your house is similarly open-plan, so you wood like it

Browns and greens are daring? Why not give her a nudge towards orange, red or purple?

In about another ten minutes I may actually have something to contribute to the party..........

Comment

Finished at last!

Last edited by Jumble; 25 August 2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Your house is similarly open-plan, so you wood like it
                        True.
                        Love being able to see everything.

Browns and greens are daring? Why not give her a nudge towards orange, red or purple?

In about another ten minutes I may actually have something to contribute to the party..........
                        We used to have one wall painted yellow and blue striped with yellow flowers. That was so 'out there' that mom got scared into the white walls.

And yay!

sigpic

Comment

*sings*

Love the vid Jumble, love the house Laurie!

Sad about Neil Armstrong though
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Aww! Lovely vid Jumble

Though I am a little worried about my WooHoo image standing by the lyrics:
                            ''What do you see when you turn out the light? -I can't tell you but I know it's mine.''

sigpic

Comment

?huggles for all?

On the train home, another eventful holiday over and done with . Will catch up properly when I get home to a decent size screen. Just wanted to pop by and see what I'd missed.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

True.
                                Love being able to see everything.

We used to have one wall painted yellow and blue striped with yellow flowers. That was so 'out there' that mom got scared into the white walls.

And yay!
                                Ah, see, that's where you made the mistake - bright colours have to be blocked, not striped, and definitely not with flowers

Aww! Lovely vid Jumble

Though I am a little worried about my WooHoo image standing by the lyrics:
                                ''What do you see when you turn out the light? -I can't tell you but I know it's mine.''
                                Thanks

Be glad I didn't use the Joe Cocker version - he makes that line sound decidedly ickybah

Thanks Josi

*waves to MR* Glad you enjoyed your holiday

What have you missed? Not a lot really...........

Comment

Working...
                                X