Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    good evening WooHoos!

One more day closer to the end of the school year. Have a couple of absolutely certain failures. Nothing I can do for them unfortunately.

Today's bits:
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...lovemybody.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ers/gutter.jpg
    Love todays quotes - so relatable!
    sigpic

Comment

Here's Laurie working out - it's an alternative to hand therapy
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        Here's Laurie working out - it's an alternative to hand therapy

Do you realize I haven't extended that much energy in several decades! Nor had a body like that in more than several decades but thanks! Brings back fond memories! [is that better Jumble ]
        Last edited by llp; 23 May 2012, 06:58 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Yeah blegh.
          Don't feel like sleeping because of the heat either
          I slept surprisingly well Its going to be even hotter today

Sounds good to me
          Okey dokey

And we can let Luvnjoe think we're celebrating her birthday

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Do you realize I haven't extended that much energy in several decades! Nor had a body like that in more than several decades but thanks! Brings back fond memories!
          You've just spoiled the illusion for those that haven't met you

You've also forgotten the img tags

Comment

Another hot day in here...luckily we have AC at the office! It's really humid hot...blergh!

I hope the interview went really well Luvnjoe! I still have to get used to the name

*huggles Nola for having to fail people* Always sad, but then again if I look at some of the classmates I have I don't wonder why some people don't pass!

On the topic of costs of phone/internet/tv. I pay 37,5€ for my phonebill, but incl. insurance I pay 50€...this means my phone will be replaced within 24h if it breaks so I kind of like that part! (my brother already used it a couple of times ) and phone wise I have 500 MB data every month and 150 min call/text time...more than enough for me...although I went through my data limit last week and can't wait till the new month starts!

For TV/Internet/Radio at home we pay around 40€...not so expensive but that's because we have basic TV; we can't upgrade because that would mean we need a digital recorder and since we have several TVs at home it would mean only one has TV channels and all the others don't...doesn't work for us
            Internet is a basic set(pretty slow) because there is nothing faster available where I live Cables that are in the ground are from the 1930s or earlier Towns around us are getting fiberglass and hopefully somewhere in the nearby future we will get that too!

So indeed a lot cheaper than in the US, but it really depends on what you want...higher costs would make internet/TV combi around 70€ to have digital TV and faster internet and a more expensive phone with 1GB data would cost around 70€ a month at least...

Now I rambled enough about this
            sigpic

Comment

Apparently I get 500mb mobile web as well - but I have no idea what that means Is it the amount of time I spend on the internet, or does it just relate to downloads and I have to pay for the internet access?

Yes, I am being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century

Comment

*Hugs WooHoos*

I love how everyone went to ''Luvnjoe'' from ''LJ''.

I think the Mb is the total amount of internet data flow.
                *blinks*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  *Hugs WooHoos*

I love how everyone went to ''Luvnjoe'' from ''LJ''.

I think the Mb is the total amount of internet data flow.
                  *blinks*
                  Which means.........?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    Apparently I get 500mb mobile web as well - but I have no idea what that means Is it the amount of time I spend on the internet, or does it just relate to downloads and I have to pay for the internet access?

Yes, I am being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century
                    Every time you open a page/download something etc. it's a certain amount of data(aka MBs) you can download... 500 MB is in general pretty good IMHO.

For me that would mean I would approximately be on the internet for a good 10/15 hours in a month and still watch 4 hours of youtube and whatsapp(text through internet) almost as much as I want.
                    YT has a real impact on your amount of data(just as downloading does) but regular activities such as social media/webpages and other regular things don't require a lot of data.

Does that help?
                    sigpic

Comment

Which means.........?
                      I don't know.

I believe it refers to all the data you receive from the web, so from the moment you connect to when you close. Downloads and the likes would also add to the amount of MB. So it's not abou time but what you do on line.
                      ...I think
                      *blinks again*

Anyone else?

EDIT: Oh! What she said^
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        Every time you open a page/download something etc. it's a certain amount of data(aka MBs) you can download... 500 MB is in general pretty good IMHO.

For me that would mean I would approximately be on the internet for a good 10/15 hours in a month and still watch 4 hours of youtube and whatsapp(text through internet) almost as much as I want.
                        YT has a real impact on your amount of data(just as downloading does) but regular activities such as social media/webpages and other regular things don't require a lot of data.

Does that help?
                        Wow! That seems like a lot - thanks

I've just discovered that my new contract (with all the minutes/texts/mbs) doesn't actually start until the 21st June, so I'll not be going online with until then

I still can't get it to Bluetooth with my pc, but I've found another way to get pics and ringtones onto it, so I'm happy

Comment

Wow! That seems like a lot - thanks
                          It is! I thought I needed it, but in general I don't even come close to that amount of data! It's also because I almost always travel from wifi spot to wifi spot and thus don't have to use my data as much as I thought I would.
                          I only use it in the train/vacation! Don't use it abroad though...that is REALLY expensive and not included in your contract!

I've just discovered that my new contract (with all the minutes/texts/mbs) doesn't actually start until the 21st June, so I'll not be going online with until then

I still can't get it to Bluetooth with my pc, but I've found another way to get pics and ringtones onto it, so I'm happy
                          Ah, you can wait and otherwise just use wifi for when you do want to use it

Oh and I totally forgot to mention, on here and on FB, but I am accepted for my masters program if I graduate! Have two introduction evenings in June and will start in February!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hang on..... are you saying that if I use it on WiFi linking to my home broadband it doesn't affect my 500mb limit?

Comment

Hang on..... are you saying that if I use it on WiFi linking to my home broadband it doesn't affect my 500mb limit?
                              Yup.
                              I'm for example now on the wifi of the office, at home at wifi of home, at school on school's wifi etc. so I don't use my data from my home then!

EDIT: There should also be a setting in your phone, at least it is in my phone, where you can turn of your provider's data and only allow wifi to work for internet etc. on your phone!

And also Woohoo! Got the final health test from Tjinta back(Ellbow dysplesia) and she's free of any medical conditions and thus healthy Now only eye check left in June and then I can declare her fully healthy
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Yup.
                                I'm for example now on the wifi of the office, at home at wifi of home, at school on school's wifi etc. so I don't use my data from my home then!

EDIT: There should also be a setting in your phone, at least it is in my phone, where you can turn of your provider's data and only allow wifi to work for internet etc. on your phone!
                                Brilliant!!! Thanks for the lesson Jann

And congrats on being accepted for your masters program

Comment

Working...
                                X