The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/llperkiss/A%20bunch%20of%20little%20symbols%20and%20people/mouse.jpgOr so I've been told....at that cost, not so sure!
    Yup. Cable/Satellite providers need to get with the program, the way we watch TV is changing and they need to adjust their price points to KEEP customers, not drive them away. Alas, for high speed internet, I am tethered to the cable company. I have a new customer deal of 29.99 for 6 months and then 45.99 thereafter. That's pricey enough for my blood. And if FIOS ever comes to my building I will be ditching cable for them, I'm sure.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      The CHEAPEST package is a reasonable 69.99/mo PLUS 16.95/mo for digital HD tuner + DVR. After one year, that's 89.99 + 16.95/mo. And that is only the most basic cable package AND You have to have a 2 year contract. Kinda made me want to faint, myself. If you want the good 'free' cable channels like BBC America, it's 79.99 + 16.95 for the first year and 99.99 + 16.95 thereafter. Oh, and all this is for ONE TV. Additional TVs are more.
      Not sure about the exchange rate......... I pay around £75 per month for XL package tv in two rooms, including HD and DVR, plus landline with free UK calls 24/7, plus XL broadband. I also have Freeview in two rooms, built-in to the tvs and costs me nothing, but has limited channels. How does that compare? My mobile costs me £12.99 per month, and includes 500 free texts, 200 free minutes and unlimited free calls to other Virgin mobiles.

I just downloaded the manual for the new phone - 158 pages Could take me awhile to figure it all out

Comment

I actually totally understand. I think it is that way in most of the US. Very little regulation except to charge you too much in fees and taxes. I pay 2 places....one for the internet and phone service and the other for my tv. Between the two charges I overpay a total of $130. Talk about a ripoff! But at least it is for 2 tvs! - oh and no HBO or those types of stations - too much money for then as well!
        sigpic

Comment

*tackle hugs LJ* Your news is waaaay better than good news, that's amazingly wonderful, totally fantastic news . I can't say how happy I am for you!

I also loved how you photoshopped the baby into the pic of you so seamlessly

I also vote for huuuuge party after the last ep of Sanctuary airs, it cannot be allowed to pass without a proper woohoo celebration! Martin wood expect no less...
          sigpic

Comment

Re: Sanctuary cancellation:

The longer the delay became, the less hope I held out but it still comes as a blow to hear the final word. I have been doing a rewatch of the series in preparation for the DVD launch of season 4, in fact, I was watching an episode just this morning.

I am sad for many reasons. I had the pleasure of meeting many of the cast and crew on set and know first hand how much they loved working on the show. Today I think of them all. I think that, for young girls especially, the character of Helen Magnus was such an amazing character. I hope that somehow, someday, we see her again. I lament the loss of a strong, mature female character on TV. I know Sanctuary for Kids will carry on but I worry that the loss of the show will diminish its fundraising abilites. I hope that all fans will ensure that will not happen. I also feel a sense of personal loss as a fan of the show. I watch so little TV now and this was one of the few things I would never miss.

Today my heartfelt thanks and hugs of support go out to all the Sanctuary family.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

It is frustrating as a fan when something like this happens. I think most of us feel there is nothing we can do but there is one thing we can do, we can continue to support S4K. The loss of the show means less publicity for S4K. So let's do what we can to spread the word. Let's continue to support S4K, not just by attending cons but by contuing our regular monetary support. Let's make sure that although the show is finished, its most important legacy continues. In that spirit, I made an online donation today as my way of saying thanks for the memories. Hope other fans will do the same.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Evening all

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                It is frustrating as a fan when something like this happens. I think most of us feel there is nothing we can do but there is one thing we can do, we can continue to support S4K. The loss of the show means less publicity for S4K. So let's do what we can to spread the word. Let's continue to support S4K, not just by attending cons but by contuing our regular monetary support. Let's make sure that although the show is finished, its most important legacy continues. In that spirit, I made an online donation today as my way of saying thanks for the memories. Hope other fans will do the same.
                Well said!
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Well said indeed EH-T. I'm saddened that Sanctuary will no longer be on TV, at least on Syfy, but I'm hopeful we'll see it in another format

And listening to the GW interview with Martin and Amanda, I woodn't be surprised if we end up seeing some more Stargate over the next few years. Maybe not in a TV form, but possibly a movie. Everyone is still up for it at least, never say never *iz hopeful*

Yay for the new phone Jumbly! Hope you're enjoying it

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    Well said indeed EH-T. I'm saddened that Sanctuary will no longer be on TV, at least on Syfy, but I'm hopeful we'll see it in another format

And listening to the GW interview with Martin and Amanda, I woodn't be surprised if we end up seeing some more Stargate over the next few years. Maybe not in a TV form, but possibly a movie. Everyone is still up for it at least, never say never *iz hopeful*
                    I think they're chasing rainbows - it'll never happen IMO, it's too late.

Yay for the new phone Jumbly! Hope you're enjoying it
                    I'm getting there........ I'll have to cure myself of the constant urge to clean the touchscreen

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Yay for the new phone Jumble!

It's icky hot here. Blegh. I'm skipping summer this year. *nods*

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post

I also vote for huuuuge party after the last ep of Sanctuary airs, it cannot be allowed to pass without a proper woohoo celebration! Martin wood expect no less...
                      When does it air?
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        *hugs WooHoos*

Yay for the new phone Jumble!

It's icky hot here. Blegh. I'm skipping summer this year. *nods*
                        Icky hot here too I know I shouldn't complain after all the rain we've had, but seriously, 25C and very humid this time of night?

When does it air?
                        Hm. We get 408 this Friday, so.... *counts on fingers*..... checks diary..... we should have the finale on Friday 29th June? Seems to me that wood be a good time to have our little Farewell Sanctuary party - gives us a bit of time to prepare and hopefully be in a more celebratory mood

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          Not sure about the exchange rate......... I pay around £75 per month for XL package tv in two rooms, including HD and DVR, plus landline with free UK calls 24/7, plus XL broadband. I also have Freeview in two rooms, built-in to the tvs and costs me nothing, but has limited channels. How does that compare? My mobile costs me £12.99 per month, and includes 500 free texts, 200 free minutes and unlimited free calls to other Virgin mobiles.

I just downloaded the manual for the new phone - 158 pages Could take me awhile to figure it all out
                          That's about $100. For what you have, it would cost me ~ $130/mo after the first year. I pay $97/mo for my mobile. But that's because I have an iPhone with an unlimited data plan. And I use it almost more than my computer at home for interacting on the web, so I don't begrudge it, but that's a pretty standard cost for a smart phone plan with a major carrier here in N America. Canada's even more expensive. (I did the research when I thought I was moving there.) UK and Europe have much more reasonable deals for mobile phones.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Very true! In fact, I am talking with some friends in Boston about putting together a Songs for S4K concert there in September or October.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                            *tackle hugs LJ* Your news is waaaay better than good news, that's amazingly wonderful, totally fantastic news . I can't say how happy I am for you!

I also loved how you photoshopped the baby into the pic of you so seamlessly

Also good news: I have a job interview today! Woot!
                            sigpic

Comment

good evening WooHoos!

One more day closer to the end of the school year. Have a couple of absolutely certain failures. Nothing I can do for them unfortunately.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Icky hot here too I know I shouldn't complain after all the rain we've had, but seriously, 25C and very humid this time of night?
                                Yeah blegh.
                                Don't feel like sleeping because of the heat either

Hm. We get 408 this Friday, so.... *counts on fingers*..... checks diary..... we should have the finale on Friday 29th June? Seems to me that wood be a good time to have our little Farewell Sanctuary party - gives us a bit of time to prepare and hopefully be in a more celebratory mood
                                Sounds good to me

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post

Also good news: I have a job interview today! Woot!
                                WooHood! Good luck!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                good evening WooHoos!

One more day closer to the end of the school year. Have a couple of absolutely certain failures. Nothing I can do for them unfortunately.
                                That must be no fun for a teacher.
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X