The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Excellent! I put the date on mine as April 2011, which only occured to me after that might not be the best plan as it wood automatically not be on the front page *sigh*
    No problem, the newest posts appear at the top of page 1, and it might have looked odd if we'd all put the same visit date You, me, Cags and Laurie can pat ourselves on the back

Comment

Nice article! Thanks for posting, Jumble and Laurie

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      Probably not..I wouldn't even see my mom on the train in my normal state of mind.
      Ah, well... OK.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Glad to hear you're having such a good month Laurie

My conservatory seems destined to not get cleaned, and it badly needs it. All that white pvc is looking very grubby. I took down the drapes yesterday, washed and ironed them (yes, I did say ironed ), and I'd just got started on cleaning the pvc when I got the call from Suz to take her to the doctor. Tried again today, then got a call from Olivia's Mum in a panic because Olivia had been stung and was screaming the house down and woodn't let Mum get a look at it. So off I went armed with my magnifying glass, tweezers, anti-histamine and ice-pops....... took me a couple of minutes to calm her down, (shoved one 'magic' ice-pop in her mouth and another on the sting ) and another minute to remove the sting, which made Mum feel relieved but utterly useless I told her it's different when it's not your own child, you tend to stay calmer and therefore so does the child. I remember several incidents with my kids when I went into panic mode

Anywoo, Olivia was happily eating her tea when I left so no worries there. And I've decided to wait until the temperature drops a bit (it's currently 35C) before I tackle the conservatory again. If I dare.........
      Poor kid!
      And poor conservatory. *shakes head*

Yay for getting rid of the nasty review!
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Wood the Artwork For All Thread WooHoos mind terribly if I stole this week's challenge idea for a sig without entering or posting it there?

...It's because I don't *do* challenges.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Wood the Artwork For All Thread WooHoos mind terribly if I stole this week's challenge idea for a sig without entering or posting it there?

...It's because I don't *do* challenges.
          *puts up hand*

Yes, me, I mind terribly! You should enter it for the challenge - why should the other AfA artworkers be deprived of your ABC?

Actually, I'm poised ready to post the challenge, so you're too late!

Comment

*puts up hand*

Yes, me, I mind terribly! You should enter it for the challenge - why should the other AfA artworkers be deprived of your ABC?

Actually, I'm poised ready to post the challenge, so you're too late!
            But... can't I send you my entry very, very late? Like... new minute late, considering that 'last minute' just passed? It's not like challenge posts are hard to make...

And the word 'deprived' just isn't ...right. *shakes head*

sigpic

Comment

I forgot to review Anderson's! *rushes off to write a glowing one*

Nad you so should enter it for the challenge. So there
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Meh. I just want to be the one who makes art, then posts it in the wrong threads to get comments about not entering, just to get me ego up. Then I'll use the sig/avi set, just to show that I'm a rebel and make a point about being so unique that I don't *neeeed* an artwork thread.
                ...Just to steal another challenge idea the following week.

It's the Hippy in me.
                *nods*

(That was a joke, I swear! ... )

sigpic

Comment

But... can't I send you my entry very, very late? Like... new minute late, considering that 'last minute' just passed? It's not like challenge posts are hard to make...

And the word 'deprived' just isn't ...right. *shakes head*

Actually, yes, you CAN send it to me and I'll edit it in Come on then, where is it? *drums fingers*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  That's ok, the more the merrier

You tell 'er! Not that she'll listen

It's not the hippy in you Nad, it's the REBEL in you

Oh, and have I told you lately.......

Comment

Actually, yes, you CAN send it to me and I'll edit it in Come on then, where is it? *drums fingers*
                    You're just no fun.

That's ok, the more the merrier

You tell 'er! Not that she'll listen

It's not the hippy in you Nad, it's the REBEL in you

Oh, and have I told you lately.......

This thread is full of rebels.

And hey... Me too!

sigpic

Comment

Um... sneak peeks of the Sanctuary DVD extra's? Yeah. Methinks facebook will have to be off limits for me, spoiler junkie that I am.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        SCI-FI superfan Claire Cowan lost three stone - thanks to her favourite TV show Stargate.

The 45-year-old paid £660 for a costume worn by actress Amanda Tapping as Colonel Samantha Carter but couldn't fit into it.

So she vowed to get in shape, set up her exercise bike in front of the telly and worked out while watching box sets of the longrunning space series.

The girl geek went from 13½ to 10½ stone.

Claire, from Greenock, said: "I managed to pick up Amanda's costume that she wore in the TV series at an Amanda Tapping convention in 2005.

"The costume was made to measure for Amanda but I couldn't fit into it, so I decided to lose weight to get into it. I would sit on my exercise bike watching box sets of Stargate. That was my motivation."

Insurance claims assessor Claire has been hooked on Stargate and its TV spin-offs since the first movie in 1994.

She owns Stargate memorabilia worth £20,000, including 70 original costumes, 52 signed posters and countless autographs, DVDs, box sets, books and dolls.

Claire travels thousands of miles every year attending fan conventions and has met all of the show's stars. Now she plans to sell some of her suits to raise cash for Tapping's charity Sanctuary for Kids.

I can't seem to copy the pictures, but here is the article. There were a few different pictures including one with Claire between AT and RDA, one with her on her exercise bike about 6" from the TV - guess that was the only way to get her and the TV in the picture and one in costume. Really nice article. She actually PDF'd me the article so if you want to see it, I could send it too any of you via email.
                        Thanks for posting, Claire had already e-mailed me though. Very nice article and so generous of her to donate costumes to AT6. Way to go Claire.

Waves a *WooHoo* wave at Jumble! That could be posible I suppose.....I have no idea. But it is really cool that it happened. Wonder how they heard about her and her costumes. 12,000 lbs....... that is a lot of money! (Wish I had a symbol for LB! )

Well one more week and I believe the house will no longer be mine! WOOHOO! This is becoming a very good month for me! About only one thing could make it even greater!Well, off to bed. I decided I need another hour or so of sleep.
                        The announcement of the next TSE?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Thanks for posting, Claire had already e-mailed me though. Very nice article and so generous of her to donate costumes to AT6. Way to go Claire.

The announcement of the next TSE?
                          Well not what I was thinking about, so let's say there are 2 items that would make this the perfect month!
                          sigpic

Comment

Well not what I was thinking about, so let's say there are 2 items that would make this the perfect month!
                            Gonna keep us guessing about the other one?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hi all, finally made it back online..have been having a ball with the two newspaper articles (The Scottish Sun and the Daily Record), had mentioned WooHoos, AT6, Chevron, S4K etc, just glad that they mentioned S4K.

Hugs and big smiles to everyone.
                              xx
                              sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Um... sneak peeks of the Sanctuary DVD extra's? Yeah. Methinks facebook will have to be off limits for me, spoiler junkie that I am.

I am determined not to see or hear any spoilers for the S3 dvd special features, so please, nobody post any here unless they're in spoilers and clearly labelled - thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X