No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jumble, hope you're feeling better today....Get rest, get LOTS of sleep and try and sleep on the plane some as well. I want you here healthy please!
    sigpic

Comment

FJDSKAAJFSK! I have no coherent thoughts, except that I LOVED Normandy. <3
      Spoiler:
      I didn't know how an entire episode set in the past would be like, and now, I'm just wishing for another one. I loved the feel of it! More comments when I can rewatch it. <3

Oh wait! No! One other thing...

HELEN CALLING JAMES 'DARLING'. And John and James fighting over Helen in the middle of a crisis? FJDSKAS! Who was talking about ships earlier?

Back to kind of normal thoughts. (And studying. I did start before the episode but I watched it even if I wasn't finished! )

Jumble, I'm so happy for you! Five days is a short time!

Jann, nice to see your face again! How's your weekend? Don't scare your clients away running nekkid. ;D
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ
        Spoiler:
        I didn't know how an entire episode set in the past would be like, and now, I'm just wishing for another one. I loved the feel of it! More comments when I can rewatch it. <3

HELEN CALLING JAMES 'DARLING'. And John and James fighting over Helen in the middle of a crisis? FJDSKAS! Who was talking about ships earlier?

I know not fair....but if you don't want to know anything about the episode - DON'T LOOK!

Spoiler:

OMG - great episode.....

I remember AT mentioning she had a liason with James, but I never saw it so I just figured.... We won't even ask about that contraction he wears and if it gets in there way!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          I know not fair....but if you don't want to know anything about the episode - DON'T LOOK!

Spoiler:

OMG - great episode.....

I remember AT mentioning she had a liason with James, but I never saw it so I just figured.... We won't even ask about that contraction he wears and if it gets in there way!
          Yeah. Definitly. Do not look.
          Spoiler:
          Really? When did she say that? Must have missed it. But I always thought there was something between those two. Tonight, they just made it canon. So far, only Nigel doesn't seem to have been interested in Helen at some point. Oh well... who can blame them?
          Yeah, we won't ask about that...

I'm wondering... James has been wearing that device for a long time, so that's what's keeping him alive. Helen has the gift of longevity. John has some of her blood, so he has that gift as well. Nikola's a vampire and immortal. How did Nigel stay alive all that time? o.ô
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Hey Jumble, hope you're feeling better today....Get rest, get LOTS of sleep and try and sleep on the plane some as well. I want you here healthy please!
            I'm getting there

British Airways have cancelled all flights to Scotland because of the ash cloud - and so it begins

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Re: TSE. Not to put a damper on things but one would expect the next AT6 to be in the fall of 2012 (going by the time between previous events). Can't see the poor Gabit gang doing TSE only a few months before. Too much work in a very short time. Hope I am wrong. It would be a great excuse for those who wish to get out of London when the Olympics are there.
              I hope you're wrong too I can't see them waiting until 2013 for TSE2 - maybe they'll do it earlier in 2012, spring or early summer? I hope so. I'm sure our awesome GABIT team can cope

Comment

*peeps in shieliding eyes from nekkidness*

I know... I have been lurking from time to time but no time to really post. And I keep seeing all these terribly tempting spoilers and want to cliiiiick....
                I haven't seen any of the second half of S3 yet, but very much looking forward to putting my (untainted by spoilers) tuppence worth in. Funyn because being spoiled never bothered me in the past but with Sanctuary... I just like being surprised.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                I'm getting there

British Airways have cancelled all flights to Scotland because of the ash cloud - and so it begins

I have been keeping an eye on the news reports. Part of me is thinking "yay, peace for a few hours/days" and part of me is very aware that my peace would come at the disruption of your travel plans. That said, a lot of the disruption is likely to be because the flight path of transatlantic flights (up over Scotland normally). Provided mainland Europe isn't affected, I suspect they will simply divert them to fly further South and to stay below the ash cloud level until it's safe, rather than cancel altogether. I can't see there being a repeat of last year somehow. And anyway, if Obama can get back home (and he will) pretty sure you will get there.
                Now the bigger problem is how do I shift the 69 stone slabs that are cluttering up my drive so you can park your car on it?

Regarding TSE2. I kind of hope you are wrong too EH-T, but totally see the logic of what you say. But they can do it - after all TSE was only 8 months before AT5 - and there's also the consideration that having done it once it becomes a more slick process; i.e. people know what's required so less micro-management of the process needed. It might even be easier to organise both in tandem. The bigger consideration is the guest's time and shooting schedule but, going back to the lower number of episodes helps somewhat. I guess we shall see. I think at least we can be sure that there's a will and a demand to have these events and that will mean they will happen at some point.
                sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles Cags*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

I know... I have been lurking from time to time but no time to really post. And I keep seeing all these terribly tempting spoilers and want to cliiiiick....
                  I haven't seen any of the second half of S3 yet, but very much looking forward to putting my (untainted by spoilers) tuppence worth in. Funyn because being spoiled never bothered me in the past but with Sanctuary... I just like being surprised.
                  Me too - haven't clicked any spoilers before seeing the eps

I have been keeping an eye on the news reports. Part of me is thinking "yay, peace for a few hours/days" and part of me is very aware that my peace would come at the disruption of your travel plans. That said, a lot of the disruption is likely to be because the flight path of transatlantic flights (up over Scotland normally). Provided mainland Europe isn't affected, I suspect they will simply divert them to fly further South and to stay below the ash cloud level until it's safe, rather than cancel altogether. I can't see there being a repeat of last year somehow. And anyway, if Obama can get back home (and he will) pretty sure you will get there.
                  I'm getting the same impression about the ash cloud. They really can't afford to let it disrupt things as much as the last one so I'm hopeful that my flight will be ok

Now the bigger problem is how do I shift the 69 stone slabs that are cluttering up my drive so you can park your car on it?
                  Hm. Well I was going to suggest that I come up on Friday rather than travel Saturday morning, so maybe I could help you shift those slabs?

Regarding TSE2. I kind of hope you are wrong too EH-T, but totally see the logic of what you say. But they can do it - after all TSE was only 8 months before AT5 - and there's also the consideration that having done it once it becomes a more slick process; i.e. people know what's required so less micro-management of the process needed. It might even be easier to organise both in tandem. The bigger consideration is the guest's time and shooting schedule but, going back to the lower number of episodes helps somewhat. I guess we shall see. I think at least we can be sure that there's a will and a demand to have these events and that will mean they will happen at some point.
                  I'm sure they could do them both in the same year. Like you say, GABIT know what they're doing and it's not like either event is new for them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for TSE2 next year

And you'll be coming with us, won't you?

Comment

If this were a normal con then chances are they would wait. But remember, they did the TSE to raise money for their S4K's charity. And they raised a whole lot of money all in a 2 day weekend. Now, if the charity wasn't involved......who knows when TSE2 would happen. But, because they can raise over $90,000 in such a short time, do you really think it would be "practical" to wait too long.

Think about it, AT6 or TSE2. Both are charity functions, but look how much money one raises compared to the other. Now, strickly thinking about it in that way only, they can raise so much in donations in 2 days with TSE2. I think that one will go first, maybe in the summer and AT6 will be put off until maybe the end of 2012.

AT and Jill have given themselves a large bill to fill each year with their charity. And I've always been told, you cook your food while the coals are still hot. Meaning - TSE2 raises more money. It requires more people be involved, but they start shooting in the spring and would be around in the early/middle part of the summer. It would be important to get as many of the Sanctuary cast there as possible. So my guess is still TSE2 will go first and will be in Vancouver (hopefully in the early summer of 2012).
                    sigpic

Comment

Normandy. Holy Frak!!

Spoiler:
                      Wow. I must rewatch that one! Maybe tonight.

Am I the only one that yelled "Just kiss already!!" during the John/James fight. I am generally not one to see slash, but holy crap. Fighting over Helen. Sure. I believe you.

Yay for James/Helen being canon now.

Yay for berets!

Yay for Tesla - even separated from the Five, he was still awesome.

LOL at crappy German accents.

Comment

Well, I for one think next summer would be a wonderful time to have the TSE2 event. Of course it needs to work around the Sanctuary filming schedule, but it works for me!
                        I think it would also have to be during the summer because Julia works at a school. Summer would really be the only time she would have to do this event and have time to recover.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        FJDSKAAJFSK! I have no coherent thoughts, except that I LOVED Normandy. <3
                        Spoiler:

Back to kind of normal thoughts. (And studying. I did start before the episode but I watched it even if I wasn't finished! )

Jumble, I'm so happy for you! Five days is a short time!

Jann, nice to see your face again! How's your weekend? Don't scare your clients away running nekkid. ;D
                        Can't wait to see Normandy!

I'm getting there

Reports we are getting here arethat it shouldn't affect the south. Crossing my fingers for ya.

I hope you're wrong too I can't see them waiting until 2013 for TSE2 - maybe they'll do it earlier in 2012, spring or early summer? I hope so. I'm sure our awesome GABIT team can cope
                        See above comment re: summer.

Certainly a will and a demand for these events and I'm sure Gabit will do what they can. Have to consider that even though they have done TSE before, it is a multi-guest event in another country so it takes a lot of planning and is more difficult to do long distance. On the bright side, last time they were organizing 2 events (TSE and MTM), maybe if they just have TSE, they could do that and AT6 within a few months of each other.

If this were a normal con then chances are they would wait. But remember, they did the TSE to raise money for their S4K's charity. And they raised a whole lot of money all in a 2 day weekend. Now, if the charity wasn't involved......who knows when TSE2 would happen. But, because they can raise over $90,000 in such a short time, do you really think it would be "practical" to wait too long.

Think about it, AT6 or TSE2. Both are charity functions, but look how much money one raises compared to the other. Now, strickly thinking about it in that way only, they can raise so much in donations in 2 days with TSE2. I think that one will go first, maybe in the summer and AT6 will be put off until maybe the end of 2012.

AT and Jill have given themselves a large bill to fill each year with their charity. And I've always been told, you cook your food while the coals are still hot. Meaning - TSE2 raises more money. It requires more people be involved, but they start shooting in the spring and would be around in the early/middle part of the summer. It would be important to get as many of the Sanctuary cast there as possible. So my guess is still TSE2 will go first and will be in Vancouver (hopefully in the early summer of 2012).
                        Hope you are right. I agree that with TSE they need to strike while the iron is hot. No guarantees how long the show will last and once the show is done the actors may move for work committments.

I don't think it is an issue of one event raising more than the other. I think everyone involved wants to do both, just a question of how much one small (but mighty!) group can organize. As I said above, maybe if it doesn't involve MTM then they can handle TSE2 and AT6 in a relatively short period. I would be thrilled if they can do it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Anyone bidding on the MW chair backs on eBay?
                          sigpic

Comment

*covers eyes from spoilers*
                            Normandy is downloading as I type, can't wait to see it!

Jumble, I have my fingers and everything else firmly crossed for this weekend! I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's still disconcerting considering what happened last year
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              Anyone bidding on the MW chair backs on eBay?
                              More Martin chairbacks? Nope, I just need the one I've bought to actually be delivered

Edit: Darn! That one is in better condition Oh well...........

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                *covers eyes from spoilers*
                                Normandy is downloading as I type, can't wait to see it!
                                Downloaded it first thing this morning but haven't had time to watch it yet. Another hour or so and I will

Jumble, I have my fingers and everything else firmly crossed for this weekend! I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's still disconcerting considering what happened last year
                                I'm confident from what I've heard that I'll be alright, but keep those fingers crossed just in case

Comment

Working...
                                X