No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deary me, Jumble. You need to lay of the blue stilton just before bedtime...

(I love your dreams btw. From someone who rarely ever remembers them it's great to hear so much detail. )

Martin the writer eh? Hmm, there better be references to broccoli.

I may not say it often, MOB, but I do read and love your blog entries. I consider myself very fortunate that I grew up without a body image complex at all. Perhaps a legacy from so many brothers and being a complete boy as a child? Who knows? I really don't care about the grey hairs and the saggy bits and the lines, that's all I know; they are part of me and you get what you see (although nothing wrong with a decent pair of spanx to hold it all in from time to time ). That though, isn't always a great thing because I know I could do with losing weight and just don't have that body image motivation to make me do it. That and hiding behind the PCOS excuse doesn't help; I'm at the point where diet alone isn't going to burn off my lardybum! Still, hopefully having an allotment will help get me active in a way I enjoy (yes, I will be growing broccoli, before you ask. )

Have a fantabulous weekend everyone. Mine is likely to be exceptionally drunken (well, after the drive there anyway). I'll be sure to share the pictures when I get back.

*huggles woohoos*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Deary me, Jumble. You need to lay of the blue stilton just before bedtime...
      Actually, it was Cave Aged Cheddar, my current naughty passion

(I love your dreams btw. From someone who rarely ever remembers them it's great to hear so much detail. )
      I rarely remember such detail, but this one was so vivid and I did get up immediately and write it all down. Tbh, it was nice to have a Martin dream - they've been few and far between lately

Martin the writer eh? Hmm, there better be references to broccoli.
      I think it's unlikely, but we can hope I'm just hoping he doesn't include a particularly obnoxious Abnormal called Jumble

I may not say it often, MOB, but I do read and love your blog entries. I consider myself very fortunate that I grew up without a body image complex at all. Perhaps a legacy from so many brothers and being a complete boy as a child? Who knows? I really don't care about the grey hairs and the saggy bits and the lines, that's all I know; they are part of me and you get what you see (although nothing wrong with a decent pair of spanx to hold it all in from time to time ). That though, isn't always a great thing because I know I could do with losing weight and just don't have that body image motivation to make me do it. That and hiding behind the PCOS excuse doesn't help; I'm at the point where diet alone isn't going to burn off my lardybum! Still, hopefully having an allotment will help get me active in a way I enjoy (yes, I will be growing broccoli, before you ask. )
      Lucky you to not have suffered from inflicted ugly duckling syndrome. It's taken me f.... er...... a lot of years to get even halfway past it I don't mind that my hair is turning white, and the saggy bits can be hidden, but the lines on my face and the hated freckles I wood love to be rid of

Have a fantabulous weekend everyone. Mine is likely to be exceptionally drunken (well, after the drive there anyway). I'll be sure to share the pictures when I get back.

*huggles woohoos*
      I've got Herbie and Oren here tonight (oh joy! ), and I really should get off my butt and make some kind of impression on the jungle outside my door......... but I think I'm more likely to do a duvet rewatch of Sanctuary

Looking forward to those pics

*huggles*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

I read it MoB It's amazing how many of us have been told the ugly duckling story, and believed it

Some of us still do
        Oh, that was just a regular day on the blog, lol. But, yes, I've been astounded by the responses I've gotten both on the blog and over email the number of women and men who struggle with body image.

The Extraordinary Woman Project got an update early Thursday. Another wonderful woman, with what makes her extraordinary.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

*huggles woohoos*
        Thanks Cags. I'm glad you enjoy the blog. And your story is awesome.

Have a wonderful, healing weekend with your crew. *hugs*
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          Oh, that was just a regular day on the blog, lol. But, yes, I've been astounded by the responses I've gotten both on the blog and over email the number of women and men who struggle with body image.
          So true

The Extraordinary Woman Project got an update early Thursday. Another wonderful woman, with what makes her extraordinary.
          Ah yes, saw that one too

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Ah yes, saw that one too
            Oh good!
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*whizzes in*

Hello woohoos!!! Crazy old week, but at last, here I am!

*huggles everyone*

*happy dances for Bree and Char* That's so exciting! Very very happy for you both!!!

Thinking of you, Cags, this weekend! Hope the orgasm-mobile is amazing and that you get sodded off your face with your loved ones! *huggles*

Jumblie...I feel this is the best dream yet! I want to tackle it with my interpreter hat, but I don't know where to start. I'll come back to it after a snooze

*huggles everyone again*

*runs off to read MoB's blog*

Edit: Oh my! I am in love with The Extraordinary Woman! MoB, these are beautiful!!!
              Last edited by Bekki; 06 May 2011, 05:10 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

*giggles at Jumble* Your dreams are really interesting!

MoB love your blog entries. They're inspirational ...oh and you're gorgeous just saying.

As for the body image, although I never had parents that made conclusions but two older brothers. Actually only one, and because the other imitated him the same thing happened and he called me fat too. I got to hear at least once a day during my younger teen years that I was fat and all kinds of other stuff. (aren't siblings amazing?) When they grew up(thank god!) they stopped...

My parents tried to stop it, but for years, and even now, I can't see myself as "pretty". Even when people tell me that(huh?!) I don't think they're being sincere since I don't see myself that way.

Earlier this year when I just came out of the hospital, was underweight, I actually *liked* my weight...but everyone around me in here said I needed to gain and I looked anorexic.

I won't say I'm not happy, since I am, but with the current environment around us women these days, we quickly get a messed up self-image and by the time we're old enough to realize that being thin isn't the only thing that matters for society, you already have that mindset and it is difficult to get rid of it.

*goes back into her corner*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

*runs off to read MoB's blog*

Edit: Oh my! I am in love with The Extraordinary Woman! MoB, these are beautiful!!!
                  Glad you liked Bekki! You should think about writing an entry.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  *giggles at Jumble* Your dreams are really interesting!

MoB love your blog entries. They're inspirational ...oh and you're gorgeous just saying.

As for the body image, although I never had parents that made conclusions but two older brothers. Actually only one, and because the other imitated him the same thing happened and he called me fat too. I got to hear at least once a day during my younger teen years that I was fat and all kinds of other stuff. (aren't siblings amazing?) When they grew up(thank god!) they stopped...

My parents tried to stop it, but for years, and even now, I can't see myself as "pretty". Even when people tell me that(huh?!) I don't think they're being sincere since I don't see myself that way.

Earlier this year when I just came out of the hospital, was underweight, I actually *liked* my weight...but everyone around me in here said I needed to gain and I looked anorexic.

I won't say I'm not happy, since I am, but with the current environment around us women these days, we quickly get a messed up self-image and by the time we're old enough to realize that being thin isn't the only thing that matters for society, you already have that mindset and it is difficult to get rid of it.

*goes back into her corner*
                  Indeed. It's funny, because ever since I wrote the body-image blog entry, every ad for weight loss on the subway, and every headline on a magazine with an unhealthily-thin model on the cover screaming about how to lose 5 lbs, just jumps out. We are obsessed as a culture, and it's really hard, especially in a society where the average person is overweight. There's a weird pull from 1500 calorie McDonalds lunches on on one hand and uber-skinny models on every bus-stop on the other-- and no apparent way to stop the cycle.

And here I got all serious again. Hope I don't break GW.
                  sigpic

Comment

*giggles*
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      Indeed. It's funny, because ever since I wrote the body-image blog entry, every ad for weight loss on the subway, and every headline on a magazine with an unhealthily-thin model on the cover screaming about how to lose 5 lbs, just jumps out. We are obsessed as a culture, and it's really hard, especially in a society where the average person is overweight. There's a weird pull from 1500 calorie McDonalds lunches on on one hand and uber-skinny models on every bus-stop on the other-- and no apparent way to stop the cycle.

And here I got all serious again. Hope I don't break GW.

Indeed. I think it's difficult to for people to realize that there is more than just the body. It's also about your personality, character and more.

That's a part from what I like about the internet. People judge you, at least in here, for who you are as a person, not for what you look like!
                      Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

I should give that to my boss...he would find that funny
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing MoB, what a truly wonderful idea. Do you mind if I share on my facebook? I know a couple of people at least who'd love to read it

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                          Thanks for sharing MoB, what a truly wonderful idea. Do you mind if I share on my facebook? I know a couple of people at least who'd love to read it
                          Please do! I'd love to get more people interested in the project. I want to attract more writers for it.
                          sigpic

Comment

*random*

Gynecomastia is the actual term used for manboobs

*giggles*

Something's wrongwith metoday
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                              *random*

Gynecomastia is the actual term used for manboobs

*giggles*

Something's wrongwith me today
                              So what's new?

*runz*

Comment

In an effort to gros you out Jumble, I goggled Piter de luise nekkid... Try it, cause there's Martin there too

Edit: oh, crap, don't... I just saw the fourth pic

Edit2: There's even Sarai's work there!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X