No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning from my last day on PST Woohoos!

Well, some interesting tidbits from yesterday. I got pretty wickedly sunburned yesterday. But OMG sun. As much as I know I should feel guilty about it, i just can't. I am totally kicking myself over the set tour auction, but I'm just going with, it wasnt meant to be this time. WHEN Sanctuary gets renewed for season 5, another auction will ensue. And I'm sure the ppl who won it are very lovely and will have a wonderful time.

But in other auction news. I actually won something! I put in a bid on thie voicemail by Kate. Totally didn't expect to win it, because I figured a hard-core Kate fan would swoop in at the last minute and grab it. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I won. It's only a small donation, but as we learned t AT5, every little bit counts. So, yay!

Currently having a lovely al fresco breakfast. Sad to leave sunny LA and my lovely friends here, but it will be good to go home and get things rolling towards the future!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Amanda said we are hilarious, and I doubt you could say that about any other thread
      You sure she said that? I mean with all our serious conversations...and you know...with Nad here being ickybah all the time...we never crack jokes

So...let's start...

Spoiler:

10 Husbands, Still a Virgin
      A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced ten husbands.

On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Please be gentle, I'm still a virgin."

"What?" said the puzzled groom.

"How can that be if you've been married ten times?"

"Well, Husband #1 was a sales representative: he kept telling me how great it was going to be.

Husband #2 was in software services: he was never really sure how it was supposed to function, but he said he'd look into it and get back to me.

Husband #3 was from field services: he said everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up.

Husband #4 was in telemarketing: even though he knew he had the order, he didn't know when he would be able to deliver.

Husband #5 was an engineer: he understood the basic process but wanted three years to research, implement, and design a new state-of-the-art method.

Husband #6 was from finance and administration: he thought he knew how, but he wasn't sure whether it was his job or not.

Husband #7 was in marketing: although he had a nice product, he was never sure how to position it.

Husband #8 was a psychologist: all he ever did was talk about it.

Husband #9 was a gynecologist: all he did was look at it.

Husband #10 was a stamp collector: all he ever did was... God! I miss him! But now that I've married you, I'm really excited!"

"Good," said the new husband, "but, why?"

"You're a lawyer. This time I know I'm gonna get screwed!"

No?

Well I'm bad at jokes so...

let's go back to my normal sillyness!

Already? Only seems like five minutes since you got there
      Yeah...those five minutes flew by! I don't want to go back yet...but it's all very confusing for me...(aka a blog will be written about it)

..... as I have learned in the last week
      Please tell. I love drama.

28th May! And I now have a lovely set of BRIGHT RED luggage that has wheels and retractable handles - and will be very easy to spot on the conveyor belt
      So we will be in the same country for 2 days! Since I leave the 30th

Better get used to that if you're going to hang around here often
      Don't believe anything Jumble says. We're very serious and we always talk about the different techniques Martin and other PTB use.
      Like how he handles his tool

MoB be careful in the sun! And yay for the auction win! That's cool!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        You sure she said that? I mean with all our serious conversations...and you know...with Nad here being ickybah all the time...we never crack jokes

So...let's start...

Spoiler:

10 Husbands, Still a Virgin
        A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced ten husbands.

On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Please be gentle, I'm still a virgin."

"What?" said the puzzled groom.

"How can that be if you've been married ten times?"

"Well, Husband #1 was a sales representative: he kept telling me how great it was going to be.

Husband #2 was in software services: he was never really sure how it was supposed to function, but he said he'd look into it and get back to me.

Husband #3 was from field services: he said everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up.

Husband #4 was in telemarketing: even though he knew he had the order, he didn't know when he would be able to deliver.

Husband #5 was an engineer: he understood the basic process but wanted three years to research, implement, and design a new state-of-the-art method.

Husband #6 was from finance and administration: he thought he knew how, but he wasn't sure whether it was his job or not.

Husband #7 was in marketing: although he had a nice product, he was never sure how to position it.

Husband #8 was a psychologist: all he ever did was talk about it.

Husband #9 was a gynecologist: all he did was look at it.

Husband #10 was a stamp collector: all he ever did was... God! I miss him! But now that I've married you, I'm really excited!"

"Good," said the new husband, "but, why?"

"You're a lawyer. This time I know I'm gonna get screwed!"

No?

Well I'm bad at jokes so...

let's go back to my normal sillyness!

Yeah...those five minutes flew by! I don't want to go back yet...but it's all very confusing for me...(aka a blog will be written about it)
        Make sure you give us the link

Please tell. I love drama.
        Oh, just the manic reaction to Sanctuary being moved to Mondays

So we will be in the same country for 2 days! Since I leave the 30th
        Beware USA! Two days with you, me and Laurie all in the same country - watch out for earthquakes

Don't believe anything Jumble says. We're very serious and we always talk about the different techniques Martin and other PTB use.
        Like how he handles his tool
        Yeah, of course we do

MoB be careful in the sun! And yay for the auction win! That's cool!
        Yes, well done MoB

Comment

Make sure you give us the link
          If it's in English I'll do that...

Oh, just the manic reaction to Sanctuary being moved to Mondays
          Oh that, but I was being dramatic in that area too ya know.

So ...I'm going to boycott Syfy.

oohhh...boy.....cott...that sounds dirty... (probably mostly because I misspelled it!)

This change of days is gonna be the end of the world! Syfy must change it! Otherwise Dec 24 2012 is really going to be the end. It's predicted and Syfy is the blame for all of it!

Hmpf.

Beware USA! Two days with you, me and Laurie all in the same country - watch out for earthquakes
          With only two of us we're already having tornado's in the middle of the country so earthquakes sounds highly likely.

I'll call the weather service so that they for once have the weather right...and not like yesterday evening that I had my doors open while we were on a thunderstorm warning I think I missed the storm...

Yeah, of course we do
          So what did you think of his latest use of the tool? I thought it was pretty amazing, they way it was presented..held and the care for it. Just...spectacular.
          sigpic

Comment

If it's in English I'll do that...
            But..... you MUST do it in English! otherwise none of us will be able to read your words of wisdom (except Nad of course...... and I'm still not sure about her ).

Oh that, but I was being dramatic in that area too ya know.

So ...I'm going to boycott Syfy.

oohhh...boy.....cott...that sounds dirty... (probably mostly because I misspelled it!)

This change of days is gonna be the end of the world! Syfy must change it! Otherwise Dec 24 2012 is really going to be the end. It's predicted and Syfy is the blame for all of it!

Hmpf.

What they'll do when Sanctuary eventually comes to an end, heaven only knows

With only two of us we're already having tornado's in the middle of the country so earthquakes sounds highly likely.

I'll call the weather service so that they for once have the weather right...and not like yesterday evening that I had my doors open while we were on a thunderstorm warning I think I missed the storm...
            I sometimes wonder how these weather forecasters come up with their ideas - maybe they just chuck a few scenarios in a hat and pick one

So what did you think of his latest use of the tool? I thought it was pretty amazing, they way it was presented..held and the care for it. Just...spectacular.
            You expected me to think????

Comment

It was either donate a little or buy myself a new P&S and I figured those kids need food far more than I need a new camera.

Ack. I'm so anxious about going home. Boo! Quick! Someone do something silly!
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

OK, I've just watched Sanctuary 3x13...not spoilers just some observations:
                - I can't help, I don't like Will. It's not that I hate him, I just don't care about him
                - Uhm guys..if you want to use Italian words, go ahead...just say them CORRECTLY! Moreover I don't understand why in ALL US tv show, Italians must speak with the same accent (from Sicily)!!! Come on, don't you know that there are other 19 regions with totally different accents!!!
                Spoiler:
                - Horatio Gibbs????? are there any Sanctuary writers who love both CSI Miami and NCSI?
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  It was either donate a little or buy myself a new P&S and I figured those kids need food far more than I need a new camera.

Ack. I'm so anxious about going home. Boo! Quick! Someone do something silly!
                  Is this silly enough for you?

I just had a weird phone conversation. A lady rang me to enquire about childminding, but I couldn't help her because her children go to a school the other side of town and I couldn't meet the times. She asked me for my opinion of another school that she was considering and whilst I was telling her what I thought she suddenly said "Hang on! Where exactly do you live? Because I think......." and I said "You know me don't you?" and it turned out to be someone that I was very good friends with up until she moved away around 14 years ago!! She'd suddenly recognised my voice So then we got to talking about our kids and what's happened to us both over those years.... and all the memories of what we used to get up to back then We're going to keep in touch She hadn't recognised my name because back then I was still using my 'other' name

Comment

But..... you MUST do it in English! otherwise none of us will be able to read your words of wisdom (except Nad of course...... and I'm still not sure about her ).
                    But the "official" blog I keep up is in Dutch since not everyone I know(grandma for example) speak English.

What they'll do when Sanctuary eventually comes to an end, heaven only knows
                    It'll be the end of the world like I said...because all the abnormals won't be protected by them anymore...*shudders*

I sometimes wonder how these weather forecasters come up with their ideas - maybe they just chuck a few scenarios in a hat and pick one
                    I think so yes. The weather is inpredictable and still they try to prove us wrong...NOT!

You expected me to think????

Every once in a while that is useful yes.

EDIT: Interesting conversation Jumble, but cool too!

And Sil I don't want to be mean or anything, but could you spoil your stuff about Sanctuary...I and I think many others in here, haven't seen it yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

But the "official" blog I keep up is in Dutch since not everyone I know(grandma for example) speak English.
                      But you could do it in both Dutch and English couldn't you? Just so we can see it?

It'll be the end of the world like I said...because all the abnormals won't be protected by them anymore...*shudders*

I admit it wood be sad, but nothing lasts forever And just think, MAD woodn't give up making tv shows - they'd come up with something even more Awesome than Sanctuary

Every once in a while that is useful yes.

Useful, yes, but fairly impossible when discussing Martin's expert use of the tool

EDIT: Interesting conversation Jumble, but cool too!

And Sil I don't want to be mean or anything, but could you spoil your stuff about Sanctuary...I and I think many others in here, haven't seen it yet.
                      I second that

Comment

But you could do it in both Dutch and English couldn't you? Just so we can see it?
                        I could...we'll see...it'll be written in about a month or so So I still have some time! I'm returning in 35 days.

I admit it wood be sad, but nothing lasts forever And just think, MAD woodn't give up making tv shows - they'd come up with something even more Awesome than Sanctuary
                        I know. I'm not worried about that...it's just Syfy that's being weird...perhaps that is an abnormal

Useful, yes, but fairly impossible when discussing Martin's expert use of the tool
                        Indeed...
                        sigpic

Comment

Jumble: thanks for the silly! And how amazing about your friend. Such a small world, isn't it?

9 more weeks and I leave my soul-sucking job behind. Then I'm free. And I've just lined up 2 per diem interviews to tide me over till I GTFO of NYC.
                          sigpic

Comment

*Hugs WooHoos*
                            *sends all kinds of happy vibes*

Cute puppypic, Jann!
                            WooHood on the auction, MoB!

*ignores all comments with Nad written in bold*
                            *sticks out tongue*
                            *hugs a tree*
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Evening Woohoos

*huggles everyone but especially Laurie because she needs them right now and Cags because we haven't seen enough of her and she needs them too*
                              *awwwws at Jann's new puppy*

I just had a weird phone conversation. A lady rang me to enquire about childminding, but I couldn't help her because her children go to a school the other side of town and I couldn't meet the times. She asked me for my opinion of another school that she was considering and whilst I was telling her what I thought she suddenly said "Hang on! Where exactly do you live? Because I think......." and I said "You know me don't you?" and it turned out to be someone that I was very good friends with up until she moved away around 14 years ago!! She'd suddenly recognised my voice So then we got to talking about our kids and what's happened to us both over those years.... and all the memories of what we used to get up to back then We're going to keep in touch She hadn't recognised my name because back then I was still using my 'other' name
                              That is very cool!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              Jumble: thanks for the silly! And how amazing about your friend. Such a small world, isn't it?

9 more weeks and I leave my soul-sucking job behind. Then I'm free. And I've just lined up 2 per diem interviews to tide me over till I GTFO of NYC.
                              Awesome - good luck for them!

And if we're onto countdowns, eight weeks until I descend on MoB for the mini-Woohoo takeover of NYC!

I'm feeling super proud of my dad this evening, as a piece of music he arranged for choir (an arrangement of the 'Londonderry Air') was used in a concert that was broadcast on CBC Radio 2 in Canada - linky He's had various compositions and arrangements used by choirs round the world, but I think this is the first time one of them has been broadcast.
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by dutchindeed View Post
                                *hugs woohoos*
                                *sends all kinds of happy vibes*

cute puppypic, jann!
                                Woohood on the auction, mob!

*ignores all comments with nad written in bold*
                                *sticks out tongue*
                                *hugs a tree*
                                :d
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X