The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Little story here. In Dutch, we have a phrase for people who talk too much and it just popped into my head after thinking about all the posts here tonight...
    The word we use is ''Ouwehoer'' (I think it's a ''Dutch'' phrase, but it might just be used more in the area I live in, I'm not sure). We use it a lot.
    It lierally means ''Old prostitute''.

Point of this anecdote?
    Some things that seem Icky to you, are justt me being innocent while thinking in Dutch words!
    I use it a lot too ...when I'm speaking Dutch that is!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    Since Jumble insists, I shall guard TPTB... err, the Canadian border.
    No need for it! No time for it before I leave*sigh*

Can you send me a linky if you still have it?
    Gotta go home now, but remind me of it in like 20 min ok
    sigpic

Comment

Little story here. In Dutch, we have a phrase for people who talk too much and it just popped into my head after thinking about all the posts here tonight...
      The word we use is ''Ouwehoer'' (I think it's a ''Dutch'' phrase, but it might just be used more in the area I live in, I'm not sure). We use it a lot.
      It lierally means ''Old prostitute''.

Point of this anecdote?
      Some things that seem Icky to you, are justt me being innocent while thinking in Dutch words!
      The lengths you go to Nad, even inventing your own words to cover up your ickybahness

Who? Me? *whistles*

Lovely art Nad! But better hide the first one. Jumble will get all protective again.

EDIT: Too late.
      I'm always very quick to respond to Nad's efforts to ship 'my' Major Wood

Since Jumble insists, I shall guard TPTB... err, the Canadian border.

And thanks for the banner!

Good for you, and you're welcome

Edit: I'm off to bed now - this lazing around all day is really tiring *yawns*

*huggles WooHoos*

*squishy huggles Martin*

Comment

No thanks, Jann. I'm good.

But SamShep vids are awesome. I think I've seen a few. Two or sometthing close to that.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        I'm a Dutchie at heart? That could explain a lot....

And Nad......

[center]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...shippingMW.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/Challenges/Wk%2041/Wk41SomeshipsJum.jpg[/IMG]

You forced me to post a really ugly old sig, but the sentiment still counts:

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Gotta go home now, but remind me of it in like 20 min ok
          I'm leaving too, but I'll send you a PM when I get back.

This Woohoo is leaving for dance class.

Have a lovely night European Woohoos!
          Have a lovely evening American Woohoos!

*huggles to all of you*
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Lovely art Nad! But better hide the first one. Jumble will get all protective again.

EDIT: Too late.
            Heh

You too, huh?

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            The lengths you go to Nad, even inventing your own words to cover up your ickybahness

I'm always very quick to respond to Nad's efforts to ship 'my' Major Wood
            *sighs*

WoodNight, ladies!

And Jann, it woodn't let me quote you, but you using the word too? Proves my point
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*huggles Laurie*

I have just spent the better part of an hour trying to catch up. It was good to see Oma here! Yay for Cags and Ben coming to the WooHooMeet! I can't wait. Despite the fact I am attending a wedding that weekend, I am looking forward to the Sunday more!

And because I didn't get to say it the other day (thank you busy-days for that), I wanted to just basically say DITTO to everything you all said about Stargate, PTB, friends, and all that. I think Stargate still has such a hold on me because of the friendships I've formed because of it - I don't think I would love it as much if that weren't the case. That's not to say I don't think it's epically awesome in it's own right, it is, and I would have bought the DVDs and all that, but I still love to watch the episodes and I get a joy out of going to the conventions because of the friendships really.

I feel more sorry for the PTB, who have lost their jobs, I guess. But these people rock and I know they'll go on to do awesome things.
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

WoodNight, ladies!
                From me too!

And Jann, it woodn't let me quote you, but you using the word too? Proves my point
                Yep, it's what I do all day and earn my money with according to my family.

No jokes about that in English please.

And in my apt. now Lovely while it is warm outside*opens doors and windows*
                sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Andi and I are at the PJ Harvey concert. There's no opening act, so wemare leaning on the bar waiting for the lady ofthe hour. We've also realized that we are definitely not cool enough to be here, lol.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

You too, huh?
                    Multi-Shipping isn't only in Sanctuary Nad. I have to earn my title. ;P

It's like I have a ship per show that's very important and very dear to me, and other ships kind of on the side that I find fun to watch. Ahhh... The complexity of ship-dom!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    And in my apt. now Lovely while it is warm outside*opens doors and windows*
                    Lucky. I hear there's supposed to be snow here tomorrow. Nooooo! I thought winter was over. It had FINALLY all melted outside! *wails*

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                    *waves*

Andi and I are at the PJ Harvey concert. There's no opening act, so wemare leaning on the bar waiting for the lady ofthe hour. We've also realized that we are definitely not cool enough to be here, lol.
                    What are you talking about? Why wouldn't you be cool enough?
                    Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 19 April 2011, 06:52 PM. Reason: I can't type.
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*huggles Woohoos* How I miss you all and your chatter when I'm not here!

I iz a bad woohoo I haz very little art that is not S/J

Not S/J Wallies

That's it! In my WP folder anyway - there may be more floating around in my challenge one
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't actually have artwrok that's not S/J so this is new for me

sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Oma, go ahead and post your S/J artwork, I was only asking that we didn't have just S/J

I also have very little SG that isn't S/J or just Jack But I'm working on it ....

Last edited by Jumble; 20 April 2011, 03:58 AM.

Comment

*waves*

Of course you're cool enough! Why wouldn't you be?

Oma I posted S/J stuff in here too, since I also mainly only have that kind of stuff Looking into my "non" S/J stuff though!
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, PJ was a bit disappointing live. She wore a totally wackadoodle getup which completely distracted me from the music. I mean, you are freakin PJ Harvey, NOT Lady Gaga. Just wear jeans and a t-shirt and play your music. Meh.

As for us not being cool enough. It was a joke because of the predominance of very young, hipster-types there. It was really surprising because PJ has been around forEVER. She's in her mid-40's. We expected a more mixed audience.
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Well, PJ was a bit disappointing live. She wore a totally wackadoodle getup which completely distracted me from the music. I mean, you are freakin PJ Harvey, NOT Lady Gaga. Just wear jeans and a t-shirt and play your music. Meh.
                                Aw, sorry your were disappointed *hugs*

As for us not being cool enough. It was a joke because of the predominance of very young, hipster-types there. It was really surprising because PJ has been around forEVER. She's in her mid-40's. We expected a more mixed audience.
                                I went to a Hollies gig a couple of years ago and was amazed at how many teens and 20-somethings were there. Good music does stand the test of tme

On the other hand, I was definitely the olderst member of the audience at a recent Shadowboxer gig. But I didn't care because they were AWESOME!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X