Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back Josi
    *huggles Jumble for being sick*
    *hugs Nad* I was just reading about that earlier! Insane... it is terrible what happened
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the hugs. Sorry to have brought that in here . But it's just that when you're surrounded by news like that half a day and it takes place in an area you know, it's hard not to wonder what the heck is wrong with people. Just a few days ago a man set himself on fire in the heart of Amsterdam city because he saw no way out and now this. It's sad to actually see what people are capable of when life isn't good.

But yeah.
      Feel free to be and post happy now
      Last edited by DutchIndeed; 09 April 2011, 12:03 PM.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

What is it with people these days. It use to be that they would just kill themselves, now they want to take everyone with them. We have enough going on in the world today that we don't need that. Nor a stupid Congress that almost shuts us down. I have a great idea. Financially support the nation and shut the Congress down for about one month. Probably be the best thing we could ever do!
        Sorry - ranting is over!

*Huggles to all the WooHoos* - sorry Jumble but I need to put on my hazmat suit first before I can include you....just give me a moment....there now everyone!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Good to have you back, Josi!
          *hugs Jumble for being sick*

It's really good to have a place to 'come to' where the world is right. There was a mall shooting here (in the country) today and the shooter was my age. 24 and so messed up due to whatever reason he had that he just decided to injure and kill people. old and young, he didn't even know.
          It's not the first time this happens and it won't be the last, but it's just wrong.
          *hugs WooHoos*
          Not to continue the subject, and I don't know what country you are in, but I think it was some place in South America this past week where a man who found he had contracted the AIDS virus went on a rampage at a grade school of all places and killed at least 12 children, and then killed himself. I simply don't understand what could have prompted such action. Why kill children over something like that? It's a serious condition, yes (and is highly treatable). But not worth all those little lives he took.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            What is it with people these days. It use to be that they would just kill themselves, now they want to take everyone with them. We have enough going on in the world today that we don't need that. Nor a stupid Congress that almost shuts us down. I have a great idea. Financially support the nation and shut the Congress down for about one month. Probably be the best thing we could ever do!
            Sorry - ranting is over!

*Huggles to all the WooHoos* - sorry Jumble but I need to put on my hazmat suit first before I can include you....just give me a moment....there now everyone!
            Yeah, about the Congress thing... That was pretty weird. The whole shut down and all... Yeah.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Not to continue the subject, and I don't know what country you are in, but I think it was some place in South America this past week where a man who found he had contracted the AIDS virus went on a rampage at a grade school of all places and killed at least 12 children, and then killed himself. I simply don't understand what could have prompted such action. Why kill children over something like that? It's a serious condition, yes (and is highly treatable). But not worth all those little lives he took.
            Exactly. I personally think that people who see it as justified to go on a rampage and take lifes are in such a state that they just can't care anymore. Nothing matters. Maybe they want 'the world' to pay for whatever it is that's wrong. Even if there are solutions to the problem, they can't see them or have lost faith in them actually working. Maybe they feel everyone has failed them and that by doing something extreme, they can make people listen. It doesn't take much to set someone off who already feels like they've lost everything that matters.

I dunno. But it kind of scares me that I care.

I'm in the Netherlands, BTW.

*hides under he bus and hopes GW doesn't crash due to all the seriousness*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*blinks*

Soooo... Who thinks Martin is awesome?
              *sticks up hand*

sigpic

Comment

I'm in the Netherlands, BTW.

*hides under he bus and hopes GW doesn't crash due to all the seriousness*
                A touch of seriousness now and then makes all the fluffy, silliness all that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  A touch of seriousness now and then makes all the fluffy, silliness all that much better.
                  That's true.
                  Yes, that'll be my excuse now, thanks

sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles Nad* Just seen on the news, terrible

Comment

*huggles Nad*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Yep, that's fine with me Let me know when you have a definite time so I can book lunch (assuming you want to risk it again )

*bounces*
                      I did forgive after the yummy desserts. But, hehe, I won't pick beef and all will be good

WELCOME BACK, JOSI!!!
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*huggles woohoos for always being awesome in times of worldly un-awesomeness*

I iz escaping grande study to peep in and huggle you all *huggles*

*goes back to poobags assessmentage*
                        sigpic

Comment

*runs around thread nekkid*

That's it.

sigpic

Comment

*yawn*

*stumbles into kitchen for teaaaa*

Jumble quick Q about the meet up - when exactly are people coming? We had planned on being with you Friday night - Saturday but if everyone's coming on the Sunday we could flip our plans around and go see the family first?

Comment

*blinks*

Soooo... Who thinks Martin is awesome?
                              *sticks up hand*

*raises hand* Meeeee!!!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              *yawn*

Jumble quick Q about the meet up - when exactly are people coming? We had planned on being with you Friday night - Saturday but if everyone's coming on the Sunday we could flip our plans around and go see the family first?
                              Woohoomeet!

I'm planning on coming down Saturday morning and going back Sunday - it's my Saturday for backing up for work in case the person who's supposed to be working that morning is sick and can't get in, so I shouldn't disappear away from Oxford until I know I'm not needed Then I'm working on the Monday so have to be back for then.
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                                *yawn*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                *raises hand* Meeeee!!!

Woohoomeet!

I'm planning on coming down Saturday morning and going back Sunday - it's my Saturday for backing up for work in case the person who's supposed to be working that morning is sick and can't get in, so I shouldn't disappear away from Oxford until I know I'm not needed Then I'm working on the Monday so have to be back for then.
                                The way I had it, Sarai and Dave arriving Friday and staying until Sunday, Josiane arriving Saturday and leaving Sunday (with dinner at Anderson's on the Saturday night), then Wendy arriving Sunday morning and staying until Monday. Not sure about Cags and Ben yet - hoping they'll come down Sunday for the day (with lunch at Anderson's). Was hoping for Oma as well but I don't think she can make it Have to bear in mind that I only have beds for 3, if there are more then there are two sofas available as well as a couple of mattresses.

Going on that ^^ everyone will be here for a while on Sunday, so you get to see them all

So it's up to you really

Comment

Working...
                                X