The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    1. Well done Jann. I told ya I just randomly guess, although I think I was one out on most of them so perhaps if I'd just shifted the numbers up one...

2. ....oh, you DO mean handbag. Does it have to be our usual one (which is hideously tatty and similarly filled as Jumble's) or can I raid my wardrobe and pick one of my nice ones?

3. So for those who are staying at or visiting Maison Cags for AT5, any special requests for food/drink? I'm about to do the shopping (on line of course) and can bung it in the basket. I have lots of vodka, some kahlua, some really cheap nasty brandy and a lot of banana liquer. Dribs and drabs of some other things. I can't really run to the full cocktail menu this time but I am happy to source the appropriate beverages for anyone who has a particular cocktail they like.
    Oh and food... yeah, there's a Tops Pizza leaflet kicking about here somewhere... and there'll always be cheese. We probably should have been more organised and thought of getting some deserts from Anderson's really. Never mind, next time, maybe.
    1. And now, I must write a baby!fic. I will never write any prompt for a prize again.

2. Should be your fave one I think. Since y'all will likely see my kick-around bag at AT5, that would totally give it away.

3. I'm not staying with you, but I imagine I'll be there at some point. I'll snag a bottle of wine or 2 to bring with me during my London travels. Red is my poison of choice when my other poison is unavailable or unsuitable.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      I'm not staying with you, but I imagine I'll be there at some point. I'll snag a bottle of wine or 2 to bring with me during my London travels. Red is my poison of choice when my other poison is unavailable or unsuitable.
      Hmmmm and what is your "unsuitable" one!

Oh and Jumble - don't even think about it. I have my 2 guard cats keeping an eye on my place and my "Quilt" - and they have very specific instructions! (oh and thanks for the "69" post!)

Time for breakfast - see ya all later!
      Last edited by llp; 31 January 2011, 08:51 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

WooHooood!! Just spoke to Stuart and he's going to make us some desserts to take up to Cags' like he did before And I've asked him to make sure there's some Sticky Toffee Puddings, Creme Brulees and Chocolate Brownies

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos

Congrats to Jann on winning the bracelet challenge!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          The Schedule for AT5 is up - go here and then 'click here for Schedule'

Why do they have to start so darned early?? I suspect Friday night's WooHoo party will be a little less boozy than normal............
          Woohood! And yes... but there's Saturday night too

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
          Oooh, purse challenge! I have one of those!

*huggles woohoos*

Ai ai ai! Queensland has just been put on high alert for a category 4 cyclone...mother nature seriously hates us!
          *huggles Queensland* (Does that sound too weird? ) Hope it doesn't hit you all too badly

*skids in*

Hey! Lookeee what the postie brought us today........ all the way from Australia....

*huggles Bekki* You'll be there with us, and you'll be in my photo with Amanda

Edit: Watch out for that cyclone Bekki!!!

Hey, maybe it'll pick you up and whisk you over to the UK (a la Wizard of OZ) in time for AT5
          TIMTAMS!!! I love Timtams Yummy!

And that is one AWESOME package!!! *squishy huggles Bekki* Wish you were going to be with us for real, but that doll so cute We'll definitely have to make sure Amanda gives it a hug!

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
          So, CT has already gotten 5 feet of snow so far this winter, more than any on record. Now they are predicting at least another foot or more between Tuesday morning and Wednesday evening. If you don't see too much of me in the coming days I will be in my igloo making martin and Amanda screen caps.
          *huggles Connecticut too* Hope likewise that it doesn't hit you too hard A friend of mine who lives in New Haven posted some photos on her facebook the other day - so much snow! Looks very pretty, but then I'm not there

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          So for those who are staying at or visiting Maison Cags for AT5, any special requests for food/drink? I'm about to do the shopping (on line of course) and can bung it in the basket. I have lots of vodka, some kahlua, some really cheap nasty brandy and a lot of banana liquer. Dribs and drabs of some other things. I can't really run to the full cocktail menu this time but I am happy to source the appropriate beverages for anyone who has a particular cocktail they like.
          Oh and food... yeah, there's a Tops Pizza leaflet kicking about here somewhere... and there'll always be cheese.) We probably should have been more organised and thought of getting some deserts from Anderson's really. Never mind, next time, maybe.
          All sounds good to me Is there anything you need us to bring in return?

And it's getting so close now! *bounces*

Glad you're getting to grips with the finances too
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Alrighty I will make a nice post and all later for the handbag/purse challenge and then y'all can start sending me(let me just set up a schedule and all)!
            Seeing as I'm on work right now and can't really do that in here!

1. And now, I must write a baby!fic. I will never write any prompt for a prize again. <snip>
            Oh come on... I gave you a way out on this one but you wanted more specific

I'll probably have to make up a price too....err...a skype chat with me? oh...I'm not famous enough? Then it'll probably just be a wallpaper or so! Something arty!

My supervisor just left without giving me anything to do so...here I am Waiting till my *counts* fourth meeting of today...only two more to go...so far
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Hmmmm and what is your "unsuitable" one!

My other poison is single malt which is $$$. A bottle tends to last me a year or more. So, I'll be sticking to wine and/or beer on this trip.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Oh come on... I gave you a way out on this one but you wanted more specific
              That's cuz your prompt was Sam & Jack. With angst and a happy ending. Isn't that just about every sam & jack fic?
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

That's cuz your prompt was Sam & Jack. With angst and a happy ending. Isn't that just about every sam & jack fic?
                I didn't say happy ending...I said "fluff" which you indeed could interpret as a happy ending or just happy seeing the circumstances...
                It's all how you look at things!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  Afternoon Woohoos

Congrats to Jann on winning the bracelet challenge!

Woohood! And yes... but there's Saturday night too
                  True...... but there's an early start Sunday too The upside is that we'll already have done the photos so it won't matter if I look rough

TIMTAMS!!! I love Timtams Yummy!

And that is one AWESOME package!!! *squishy huggles Bekki* Wish you were going to be with us for real, but that doll so cute We'll definitely have to make sure Amanda gives it a hug!
                  Ok, I'll admit it here and now..... I opened the Timtams They're like Penguins, but nicer

All sounds good to me Is there anything you need us to bring in return?
                  I reckon if everybody brings some munchies (crisps, nuts, party nibbles, stuff like that) we'll have plenty to keep us going. We can always order take-out And there will be Anderson's Desserts

And it's getting so close now! *bounces*
                  I know Only 4 days until Laurie arrives!!!!

Comment

True...... but there's an early start Sunday too The upside is that we'll already have done the photos so it won't matter if I look rough
                    True. Either that or we'll have to pace ourselves...

(no wait, what am I saying? )

Ok, I'll admit it here and now..... I opened the Timtams They're like Penguins, but nicer
                    Yep Yummy When I lived with my former aussie housemates they used to get care packages of timtams and milo, mmmm

I reckon if everybody brings some munchies (crisps, nuts, party nibbles, stuff like that) we'll have plenty to keep us going. We can always order take-out And there will be Anderson's Desserts
                    Sounds good to me!

I know Only 4 days until Laurie arrives!!!!
                    *bounces*
                    sigpic

Comment

*will not be jealous, will not be jealous, will not be jealous, will not be jealous!*

*is jealous*
                      sigpic

Comment

True. Either that or we'll have to pace ourselves...

(no wait, what am I saying? )
                        That's not the WooHoo Way is it?

You'll be alright Thursday night, I bought some 'Josi' sized wine glasses just so you can drink more than one

Yep Yummy When I lived with my former aussie housemates they used to get care packages of timtams and milo, mmmm
                        I'm not really seeing why everyone raves about them, but then I don't like Penguins much *shrugs*

Comment

Just popping in to squishy huggle everyone - on my phone so can't make a big MQ post until tomorrow - in Sheffield arena waiting for Peter Kay to come on!! We have amazing seats about 10 feet from the stage in an arena of 12,000!!

Have a fantabulouserific evening wonderful Woohoos!

Comment

That's not the WooHoo Way is it?
                            Not usually......

You'll be alright Thursday night, I bought some 'Josi' sized wine glasses just so you can drink more than one
                            Aww, how considerate

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                            Just popping in to squishy huggle everyone - on my phone so can't make a big MQ post until tomorrow - in Sheffield arena waiting for Peter Kay to come on!! We have amazing seats about 10 feet from the stage in an arena of 12,000!!

*squishy huggles* Have an awesome time! Sounds amazing
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              I didn't say happy ending...I said "fluff" which you indeed could interpret as a happy ending or just happy seeing the circumstances...
                              It's all how you look at things!
                              And wouldn't you know that the fic I'm writing right now would be perfect for you if you didn't mind the fact that the middle chapter is fairly mature. Ah well, I'll think of something.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Sounds amazing! Have a blast.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not usually......

Aww, how considerate

I seem to have broken a lot of the bigger ones (being clumsy with them in the dishwasher ) and nowhere around here can I find decent replacements So I just bought some cheap ones from Asda to tide us over

*squishy huggles* Have an awesome time! Sounds amazing
                                What she said ^^^

Ukers, is it me or are we suddenly seeing a heck of a lot of 'Come to Vancouver' adverts on the tv?
                                Last edited by Jumble; 31 January 2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X