No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*crosses fingers for MoB* I hope you can go to Canada soonish!

on the Daily Show...perhaps the should have those sex classes also for elderly people...just like the ones they have for teens...

And while typing that a REALLY cute guy just walked by! Need to find out wherhe lives!(and if he's single)

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Heh. That's a problem here as well. It always has been, but there seems to be more awareness now. And acceptation of the fact that seniors actually still have thriving social lifes.

The mall in my city removed most of it's benches because shoppers were being bothered by seniors hanging around in the mall all day and the city figured this as a good ay to chase them off...
    Oldies these days... *shakes head*
    We had that in our little town too! They always gathered on the same spots and when the city removed the benches on one place they went to another...
    The thing with these "guys" (elderly men) was that they were making sexual references to mainly young girls who walked by
    sigpic

Comment

I like the Daily show but don't always remember to watch it. He if very bright and so is his comments!

Sorry about the conference....find one out this way and we can "go out and play" but it better be either before or after AT5 because I won't be here for 2 weeks!

YEAH!

Opps, maybe a little excited about my trip. But this year I have some fun things already setup....so cooooooool!
      sigpic

Comment

All right what TV show is on in the UK right now so no one wants to talk.

If no one wants to talk then I'll have to do my paperwork!
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Woohoos,

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Oh come on... I may not have touched the package, but I do feel an emotional connection to it. I know that a lot of people will handle it during the shipping process, so I'm just giving it some good luck lovin' so it'll get trough it all safely and ends up in one piece where it belongs. In Martin's hands, making him smile.
          I can't safely reply to that

Bekki hope your OK *hugs*

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

So, are these floods in Austrailia or England....I am getting confused and uncertain!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

I'll talk...just I don't know what about...

Err...I just ventured outside and now I undestand why everyone stays inside...everything is icy outside...it's soooo slippery!
              sigpic

Comment

I have no idea, I'm not watching tv

So, are these floods in Austrailia or England....I am getting confused and uncertain!
                Australia. Pretty horrific from what I've seen

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  I'll talk...just I don't know what about...

Err...I just ventured outside and now I undestand why everyone stays inside...everything is icy outside...it's soooo slippery!
                  We are talking about the "south" right, I mean the south in the USA right! They are suppose to be noted for nice winters and sticky warm summers....not slippery ice~~~~ so confused. Where is Richard Burton singing about the perfect weather on days like this.....
                  It is suppose to snow here late tonight and tomorrow morning. I said it could as long as it was good driving the day I go to the airport to visit Jumble and the day I come home, saddened by having to leave.....but happy because Jumble will be following in 4 or 5 months.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    No, not in the least! In my opintion PremPro has too many screens and is very complicated - I found it impossible to work with Power Director has one screen, lots of awesome effects and transitions for both pics and text and is very easy to understand. I mastered it in one day
                    We use Prem Elements at college but for some reason when I got my grant for software for at home, they gave me PremPro. Its so confusing I still have no idea how to use it.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

What class are you taking that requires the software?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        We use Prem Elements at college but for some reason when I got my grant for software for at home, they gave me PremPro. Its so confusing I still have no idea how to use it.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        I gave up on it after a very frustrating couple of weeks Sooooo wish I'd got Power Director sooner, it's just so easy - and much cheaper than PremPro

Comment

In relation to PremPro talk - it can be confusing to begin with. But I still loooove it. I suppose because when I was at uni the thing I learned on was Avid which is industry standard so PremPro for me was a bit simpler *shrugs*

*huggles Bekki* and all Australians. Stay safe .

*huggles MoB* for crazy boss and the conference. Glad to hear about the Canada application though - fingers crossed for you hun!

Chemmy - in terms of cameras, my new one is a digital SLR (don't know how much you know about cameras) but this basically means you can interchange the lenses. Plus you have a lot more control over things like shutter speed and F (aperture) values which control how much light is drawn into the lens amongst other things. I'm just getting to grips with it myself and I'm far from an expert, but having seen some of the shots Dave can get out of it I know it's a great camera. This is mine. It's about 10 mega pixels which gives you good quality shots but it's not top of the range. You can get great shots out of a digital camera like this one, just by using the pre-determined settings on the camera (this is very similar to the one I used for SE in Vancouver).

My main advice specifically for AT5 would be that since you cannot have the flash on after the first five minutes make sure you get used to your camera before the event and learn how to take pics in a dark room without a flash!

Comment

Sarai & Chemmy - just to let you know, the room is not real dark....it was like it was at TSE if you remember Sarai. Darker but still able to take pictures without flashes (then lighten them a little with software later). The thing is, AT is very interesting to listen to, she has great stories and is so full of "heart" that you just might forget to take a lot of pictures. Oh, and one thing....remember there are a lot of people there so you don't want to disturb everyone with taking thousands of shots! All though I have a feeling that Sarai is probably in one on the last rows!
                            sigpic

Comment

We are talking about the "south" right, I mean the south in the USA right! They are suppose to be noted for nice winters and sticky warm summers....not slippery ice~~~~ so confused. Where is Richard Burton singing about the perfect weather on days like this.....
                              It is suppose to snow here late tonight and tomorrow morning. I said it could as long as it was good driving the day I go to the airport to visit Jumble and the day I come home, saddened by having to leave.....but happy because Jumble will be following in 4 or 5 months.
                              Yep...when I applied for an internship in the "deep south" I didn't think I wouldn't have to go to work the first two days because of a "winter storm". I had a hard time explaining this to my parents, who know I'm the on same height as North-Africa

So...now I'm waiting on good weather...something I heard Atlanta is normally all about!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Yep...when I applied for an internship in the "deep south" I didn't think I wouldn't have to go to work the first two days because of a "winter storm". I had a hard time explaining this to my parents, who know I'm the on same height as North-Africa

So...now I'm waiting on good weather...something I heard Atlanta is normally all about!!
                                It has been decades since I've been there (except at the airport - which I will be at in about 3 1/2 weeks ) but they use to have a great underground shopping mall with restaurants and great shops.....does it still exist and is it safe to go there. Use to be a fun place to go too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X