The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Just a quick note....the writer's conference went "very" well today. I gave my first presentation (2 more tomorrow) and the editor said he "liked my voice" which means he like the story I was telling him....and he ask me to send him some pages. This is very cool and not done that often. He actually really seemed to like it..... Yahoo!

Now I need to relax, eat some dinner and prepare for tomorrow. Learning a lot while I'm there.

Woohoo!

Congrats! That is fabulous.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Huge congrats Laurie! Even if you get no further, as you say, it's a big achievement to get this far, so well done
      Originally posted by starlover View Post
      Big Congrats Laurie! It's already very awesome that you came this far! Wow! Other than that....if it comes that far(and I'm hoping it does for you) I would love to read that book!
      What they said

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      Awwww Sarai those are REALLY cute!

*bounces* I haz my goodbye party tonight and they just brought the bar...sweeeet
      Have a good time

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Congrats Laurie, glad to hear it went well.

Jumble I think you have some very difficult choices there...much harder than mine ! I think I'm going to need to see them all in the flesh first! Are you printing them out on photo paper at home or getting them done from one of those websites?
      Well thereby hangs a tail

I decided to print them all out this morning on my nice, new, expensive Kodak printer.......... which decided it wood like to only print pictures in PURPLE!!!!

Good timing, huh?

Anywoo, after swearing at it a lot and wasting paper, I defaulted all the settings and started from scratch, and these were the result.........

Still not sure which one I'll ask Martin to sign, but I'll take them all in the hope that I can nab an extra couple of autos on the set tour

I know JY isn't likely to be there, but I thought I'd print one of him just in case

Comment

Jumble, they look AWESOME! Can't wait to see what they look like signed! Glad the printer co-operated eventually Swearing at things usually fixes them in the end
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Jumble, they look AWESOME! Can't wait to see what they look like signed! Glad the printer co-operated eventually Swearing at things usually fixes them in the end
          I'm actually really pleased with the quality, they're much better than the ones I had from the old printer I just wish it hadn't messed me about so much first

I don't think it was the swearing that fixed it though, I think the good old 'give up, reset, reboot and restart' system did it

Comment

WooHood for Laurie and *crosses fingers*

WooHood on Jann's goodbye party. And the bar.

Sarai, what a cute bunch of kittens!

Jumble, the prints look awesome.

*hugs WooHoos*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              WooHood for Laurie and *crosses fingers*

WooHood on Jann's goodbye party. And the bar.

Sarai, what a cute bunch of kittens!

Jumble, the prints look awesome.

*hugs WooHoos*
              Exactly what I was going to say.

When you said bar, Jann, I was thinking with an American brain that you aren't supposed to do that until your 21, but you're not in America, so have fun at your party.

Jumble, your printer must be awesome because those are some great pics. I had a Kodak printer but we could never get the print cartridges to work beyond the starter kit, so it was tossed. We are now searching for a new one. What kind do you have?
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

*happy dances for llp* That's so fantastic you've had such a great Day 1! Hopefully Day 2 will be just as good

Awwwwww, congrats Sarai & Dave!! Cute little kittens How is parenthood treating you?

Awesome piccies Jumble The CH one is just fantastic
                sigpic

Comment

No 3 in Oma's Coopie Countdown

Freakish, slithery, man-eating aliens that gave me the creeps, a time-twisting story that took all my brain power to figure it out before the big reveal (just!) and the open end leaving you guessing how many times they had to go through that horror before they got it right....*shudders* A real masterpiece of an ep
                  sigpic

Comment

With you on that one, Oma - Time is by far my favourite SGU ep so far, brilliant
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Time. I have actually seen that one!
                      (feels not SGU illiterate for once and is proud)
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Yes, Time is my favorite one too. I think it is the only one that hasn't bored me or frustrated me with incompetence.
                        sigpic
                        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Awwwwww, congrats Sarai & Dave!! Cute little kittens How is parenthood treating you?
                          We're exhausted, lol! Seriously these cats are cute but they are crazy!

Jumble the pics look great, glad you got the printer cooperating in the end!

Comment

Did anyone happen to bookmark Jumble's post where she listed those rules for dealing with women she got from her brother? I've been trying to use the search function but it keeps logging me out of GW every time I click search
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                              Did anyone happen to bookmark Jumble's post where she listed those rules for dealing with women she got from her brother? I've been trying to use the search function but it keeps logging me out of GW every time I click search
                              Do you mean Jann's list?
                              The one here?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                Do you mean Jann's list?
                                The one here?
                                How brain dead am I? Yep, that's the one!! No wonder I couldn't find it Thanks Nad
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X