The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 4 in Oma's Coopie Countdown

I love the whole feel of this epi, it's got a real Tarantino feel to it, fantastic colouring and scene setups and a very clever script Not to mention, it's my fave AU ep in all of SG. I liked that it stood on it's own, with no reference to our reality except in the closing seconds. And I loved the whole shootout in the desert, reminded me of all those Clint Eastwood and John Wayne cowboy movies I used to watch during school holidays when I was a kid

Oh, and I loved the bts shots of Coopie and Shep from this epi too
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
      *huggles Woohoos *

I like the summer holidays (when it's not raining that is!) Took the kids to the beach after dinner, we made lots of sand angels, sculpted mermaid tails and jellyfish and paddled a bit.

Wow! Jumble, a dress? I'm impressed Probably not as much as your credit card is though Did you wear your new dress to dinner? Which hopefully was very yummy
      Oh no, this is not the sort of dress one wears for dinner al fresco down on the farm

Besides, I'm saving it for a special occasion

I'm so glad I don't have to make the decision over which pics to choose I'm absolutely no help in that area!!
      I'm going to take several pics with me and leave the decision to the last moment when, hopefully, inspiration will strike

Comment

That pic of Teyla is awesome We'll have to have a count up at the end and see how many eps we had in common The odds are small really considering the number of eps Coopie wrote!

Not wanting to upset any SGA shippers, but I always saw far more chemistry between Teyla and Ronon than I did Teyla and Shep...
        sigpic

Comment

That pic of Teyla is awesome We'll have to have a count up at the end and see how many eps we had in common The odds are small really considering the number of eps Coopie wrote!

Not wanting to upset any SGA shippers, but I always saw far more chemistry between Teyla and Ronon than I did Teyla and Shep...
          Tbh, so did I And they had a lot more in common I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            She has??? WooHooooood!!! Are they doing ok? *bounces*
            Yup.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Yup.
              Glad to hear it

Comment

Just a quick note....the writer's conference went "very" well today. I gave my first presentation (2 more tomorrow) and the editor said he "liked my voice" which means he like the story I was telling him....and he ask me to send him some pages. This is very cool and not done that often. He actually really seemed to like it..... Yahoo!

Now I need to relax, eat some dinner and prepare for tomorrow. Learning a lot while I'm there.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh now I'm upset, because I thought it was Ronon and Shep. Just kidding, I've only seen about the first five episodes of Atlantis. I couldn't get past the filming locations. I kept comparing them to SG1 episodes. I know, I need to watch it. I will . . . eventually.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Just a quick note....the writer's conference went "very" well today. I gave my first presentation (2 more tomorrow) and the editor said he "liked my voice" which means he like the story I was telling him....and he ask me to send him some pages. This is very cool and not done that often. He actually really seemed to like it..... Yahoo!

Now I need to relax, eat some dinner and prepare for tomorrow. Learning a lot while I'm there.
                  I think the correct term is Woohoo! Congrats and you must be one darn good writer.
                  sigpic
                  I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

WOOOHOOOOD!!! Congrats *happy dances*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp

Originally posted by Treknik
                      I think the correct term is Woohoo! Congrats and you must be one darn good writer.
                      Thanks...sadly, this is only the first step. If (and that is a big big if) he likes what he reads he then asks me to send the entire manuscript. If he should (hopefully) like that then he presents it to a committee for their approval. Sadly most writers if they are even lucky to get asked for a few chapters never get beyond that point. And in fact, most writers don't even get asked to send any pages at all. At least I've gotten that far once before....but no farther. However, even though it doesn't sound like it, I have hopes. I think the story is good and has potential, now all I need is for someone (other than friends) to see potential in me. But I'll say WAHOO!
                      sigpic

Comment

Huge congrats Laurie! Even if you get no further, as you say, it's a big achievement to get this far, so well done
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Big Congrats Laurie! It's already very awesome that you came this far! Wow! Other than that....if it comes that far(and I'm hoping it does for you) I would love to read that book!
                          sigpic

Comment

Congrats Laurie, glad to hear it went well.

Jumble I think you have some very difficult choices there...much harder than mine ! I think I'm going to need to see them all in the flesh first! Are you printing them out on photo paper at home or getting them done from one of those websites?

So some of you may have seen this on FB but please welcome the newest additions to our little family...

Sooki

Spoiler:

and Jinx!

Spoiler:

Trying to get some pictures on the good quality camera but for now these are the only ones I've been able to snap on my phone.

*happy dances*

Comment

Sarai, they are just too cute!!!
                              *dies of awwww*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Awwww Sarai those are REALLY cute!

*bounces* I haz my goodbye party tonight and they just brought the bar...sweeeet
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X