Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Raises hand*
    I'll be 15... 16... in 2012.
    Maybe one day one of us will win the lottery, then we can have a huge woohoomeet.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      I thought 40 was old.

I have never flown alone, so if we were to have a Shipmeet in 2012, it would be my first time flying by myself. I don't have a fear of flying, but a fear of doing something that big alone.
      40 is the new 30 I quess that means I'll be turning "35" instead of 45 in April.
      Spoiler:
      There is a certain excitement in conquering something like that and I speak from experience. I had lots of phobias, didn't leave my house for ages, didn't learn to drive until I was 33 (had to become brave enough to leave the house before I could become brave enough to learn how to drive ) but the sense of accomplishment and freedom I had with each little victory was amazing. I went from being so shy (in a crippling way) that I practically lived in my bedroom to becoming a teacher and now a wine buyer/seller (or is that cellar? ) so "attacking" my fears and embracing them as adventures really helped me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
        *Raises hand*
        I'll be 15... 16... in 2012.
        Maybe one day one of us will win the lottery, then we can have a huge woohoomeet.
        So....is it 15 or 16? You are only allowed one you know.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
          So....is it 15 or 16? You are only allowed one you know.
          It's 15 for the first nine months, then in Sept it'll be 16.
          sigpic

Comment

40 is the new 30 I quess that means I'll be turning "35" instead of 45 in April.
            Spoiler:
            There is a certain excitement in conquering something like that and I speak from experience. I had lots of phobias, didn't leave my house for ages, didn't learn to drive until I was 33 (had to become brave enough to leave the house before I could become brave enough to learn how to drive ) but the sense of accomplishment and freedom I had with each little victory was amazing. I went from being so shy (in a crippling way) that I practically lived in my bedroom to becoming a teacher and now a wine buyer/seller (or is that cellar? ) so "attacking" my fears and embracing them as adventures really helped me.
            Well I do feel younger, so maybe that is true. About conquering fears, I would gladly conquer my flying alone one if we had a Shipmeet. I understand the shyness, just not to your extreme. I am a totally different person now than what I was years ago. Before I wouldn't talk to people (I still don't like talking on the phone), now you can't shut me up.
            sigpic
            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Well then, that's another reason to celebrate in 2012. Your sweet 16. Wait, you are sweet, right?
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

I won't fly...I can't. That's probably really super childish of me, but I just can't. It terrifies me...I don't have to even be on a plane and it scares the heck out of me. When a plane goes by overhead I have to watch it and make sure it goes by alright. There's even been a few times when it's gone over my house and it was louder than normal and I ran outside to make sure it went by okay. And when a plane is super loud going by I just get this huge knot the size of Texas in the pit of my stomach.

The only, only way I will ever fly is if a family member was hurt and they needed me there right then (instead of the few hours it would take driving)...and then I still would put up a fit unless my friend's dad was flying the plane.

There's nothing that terrifies me more than flying.

Oh and Bree, Disney is 24 hours away (driving wise) for me. So, not too bad....

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Got it
                  Well I do feel younger, so maybe that is true. About conquering fears, I would gladly conquer my flying alone one if we had a Shipmeet. I understand the shyness, just not to your extreme. I am a totally different person now than what I was years ago. Before I wouldn't talk to people (I still don't like talking on the phone), now you can't shut me up.
                  I don't mind talking to people I know but I still hate to make business related calls or to call for takeout. I'm weird.

Have to post this
                  sigpic

Comment

Well then, that's another reason to celebrate in 2012. Your sweet 16. Wait, you are sweet, right?

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    I won't fly...I can't. That's probably really super childish of me, but I just can't. It terrifies me...I don't have to even be on a plane and it scares the heck out of me. When a plane goes by overhead I have to watch it and make sure it goes by alright. There's even been a few times when it's gone over my house and it was louder than normal and I ran outside to make sure it went by okay. And when a plane is super loud going by I just get this huge knot the size of Texas in the pit of my stomach.

The only, only way I will ever fly is if a family member was hurt and they needed me there right then (instead of the few hours it would take driving)...and then I still would put up a fit unless my friend's dad was flying the plane.

((((Amanda))))
                    I know about extreme fears hun and if you can get to where you need to go by driving then stick to what you feel safer with.
                    sigpic

Comment

According to everyone but my sis, yep.
                      And it is a reason to celebrate!!

It's OK Amanda. I've flown *Counts* probably at least eight times, and I still get nervous.
                      But might I ask, what it is that scares you?
                      Got it

Nice pic BTW.
                      sigpic

Comment

According to everyone but my sis, yep.
                        And it is a reason to celebrate!!

It's OK Amanda. I've flown *Counts* probably at least eight times, and I still get nervous.
                        But might I ask, what it is that scares you?

Nice pic BTW.
                        Of course you can ask. It's part that they can be used as weapons and/or disasters (9/11...yes, I know it's safer now and there hasn't been anything in almost 9 years but that's constantly in the back of my mind...every time I see a plane. ) and the whole being in the air and not being able to be in control. I need control. And I know people say that driving is way more dangerous than flying (you just hear more about the flying disasters than the car accidents) but with driving, I'm the driving the car (or someone who I trust is driving the car) and so I'm in control. With flying...I'm not and that scares me.

Comment

Of course you can ask. It's part that they can be used as weapons and/or disasters (9/11...yes, I know it's safer now and there hasn't been anything in almost 9 years but that's constantly in the back of my mind...every time I see a plane. ) and the whole being in the air and not being able to be in control. I need control. And I know people say that driving is way more dangerous than flying (you just hear more about the flying disasters than the car accidents) but with driving, I'm the driving the car (or someone who I trust is driving the car) and so I'm in control. With flying...I'm not and that scares me.
                          Oh. *Huggles Amanda* I was about five when it happened, so I would remember it, which is why I'm not all that scared of planes. Though I do keep thinking it's... well, I wouldn't want to make it harder for you to see one.
                          *Huggles woohoos*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                            "Wood" and "to be laid" in the same sentence is fine, but "knocking lumps of wood in my garden" is NOT!!

Exactly what I was thinking. A woman wood automatically think there was something wrong with her while a man wood be convinced that something was wrong with you. How else to explain your resistance to his "oh so obvious" charms?

I know ((((Jumble)))).
                            My dad is still in my life for one reason and one reason only and it's because he took such good care of my mother when she was dying. He redeemed himself a bit in those last couple of years but I will always have scars.

My dream meet wood be in Disney World. I actually have a Vacation Club membership and I could get us a Grand Villa that holds 12 people. (plus one child under the age of 3 in a crib ) The thing is shaped like an octagon and is called a "tree house" (fanciest tree house I've ever seen )
                            Spoiler:
                            Features a fully equipped kitchen, queen sized bed in the master bedroom, whirlpool tub in the master bathroom, queen-sized bed in the second bedroom, bunk beds in the third bedroom, a second bathroom, living room with queen-sized sleeper sofa, pull-out sleeper chair, flat panel TV, DVD player, washer, dryer, and private deck. *sigh*
                            I would love an US shipmeet, I love Disney World (I've only been once ), and that place sounds great!

Hey, I'll be turning 21...can you say bar hopping?

Yes, yes I have no desire to drink...but..!
                            I'll be 21 (in September), so I'll be joining you

Got it

I don't mind talking to people I know but I still hate to make business related calls or to call for takeout. I'm weird.

Have to post this
                            http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/y...Art/at_joe.jpg
                            Nice pic!!

I am supposed to be doing homework and studying for a test but I don't feel like it, I shall rest today and do all the stuff tomorrow
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Oh. *Huggles Amanda* I was about five when it happened, so I would remember it, which is why I'm not all that scared of planes. Though I do keep thinking it's... well, I wouldn't want to make it harder for you to see one.
                              *Huggles woohoos*
                              You were FIVE! ! I was a fifth grader.
                              Spoiler:
                              Talk about a loss of innocence. :/ I hadn't even really heard about Terrorists or Pearl Harbor up until then. Guh. Going from worrying about whether you'd sit next to your friends at lunch or whether you/your friends or your friends parents would have a plane running into your house/place of work. (1/2 to 3/4ths of my class had at least one parent who worked in NYC or New Jersey...they called those who did out of our class that day :/). It's seems like it was yesterday and not 8 and a half years ago.

Comment

You were FIVE! ! I was a fifth grader.
                                Spoiler:
                                Talk about a loss of innocence. :/ I hadn't even really heard about Terrorists or Pearl Harbor up until then. Guh. Going from worrying about whether you'd sit next to your friends at lunch or whether you/your friends or your friends parents would have a plane running into your house/place of work. (1/2 to 3/4ths of my class had at least one parent who worked in NYC or New Jersey...they called those who did out of our class that day :/). It's seems like it was yesterday and not 8 and a half years ago.
                                *Huggles Amanda*
                                I should really stop mentioning my age.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X