No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarai nothing makes you happy dance more than a new car......

well almost nothing

in 128 days!!!

Comment

Not just a new car, my first car!! Have never been a position to be able to buy one before

And it's true, there is nothing that makes me happy dance like the prospect of going to Vancouver in oh...

128 days

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Not just a new car, my first car!! Have never been a position to be able to buy one before
        Oh well, yes, that's definitely something worth celebrating! All 'firsts' should be happy and memorable

And it's true, there is nothing that makes me happy dance like the prospect of going to Vancouver in oh...

128 days

Can you believe how fast the time is going?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Oh well, yes, that's definitely something worth celebrating! All 'firsts' should be happy and memorable
          That they should.

Not that they always are

Can you believe how fast the time is going?
          Not at all, it really is running away from us isn't it! Can't believe it's nearly the shipmeet as well, really gonna have to get out and buy an inflatable mattress.

You know, I've said it before and I'll say it again, it really is going to be a squeeze for that one night. We'll have to find someone extra small to sleep on the two seater sofa unless someone has a single airbed they can bring?!

Comment

That they should.

Not that they always are
            Sadly not

Not at all, it really is running away from us isn't it! Can't believe it's nearly the shipmeet as well, really gonna have to get out and buy an inflatable mattress.

You know, I've said it before and I'll say it again, it really is going to be a squeeze for that one night. We'll have to find someone extra small to sleep on the two seater sofa unless someone has a single airbed they can bring?!
            Didn't Cags say she was bringing one? Or two?

Should I bring my sleeping bag?

Comment

You know....instead of the teachers talking to the kids parents whose kids are shy, how about you actually talk to the parents of the freaking kids that bully other kids, thereby making those kids that get bullied feel shy and awkward and think there's something wrong with them, which you know stays with them until they get into adulthood. I remember as a kid having to go and see one of those therapists people a few times...my parents weren't very happy that they were never told about it.

Er...yes I am bit bitter about getting bullied a lot when I was in school and the teachers never saying anything about it when they saw it.

*huggles Nik* I was like your son a bit when I was little...talked ALL THE TIME at home (I wouldn't shut up ) but at school....nope. But that was because I was bullied a lot.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Oh I forgot all about that! We still need one though as there will be four of you staying on Friday night and I currently have a double bed which sleeps 2 and a large sofa which will (hopefully) sleep one quite comfortably. I don't think the smaller sofa is much good really. I'll probably nip out and get a double one at some point this week as I have my sister's staying the week before as well so it's not a bother

It wood probably be a good idea to bring a sleeping bag, although whether we will need them or not I'm not sure. I have a spare duvet and plenty of blankets plus a couple of our sleeping bags. Better safe than sorry though!

Comment

Oh I forgot all about that! We still need one though as there will be four of you staying on Friday night and I currently have a double bed which sleeps 2 and a large sofa which will (hopefully) sleep one quite comfortably. I don't think the smaller sofa is much good really. I'll probably nip out and get a double one at some point this week as I have my sister's staying the week before as well so it's not a bother

It wood probably be a good idea to bring a sleeping bag, although whether we will need them or not I'm not sure. I have a spare duvet and plenty of blankets plus a couple of our sleeping bags. Better safe than sorry though!
                  My sleeping bag is packed small, so not hard to carry

What about pillows/cushions? Those that are driving could maybe bring a couple?

That reminds me, I need to go and search the attic for the cool box. Got to keep those desserts nice and fresh

Comment

Cags - "Throws broccoli and Jann" - I'd love to hear Jann's response to that
                    <snip>
                    It huuuuuuuurts....and you know that Cags is the one who is supposed to pick me up from the airport...is she gonna throw me there too?

And how can she throw me? All those kilos...
                    Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    And I am soooooo glad my FB page is private....

Some WooHoos just don't know how to behave
                    Who? I only saw good behavior over there.

Ooohh pillows...cushions....beds.....can I bring Shep with me? He fits perfectly in that picture

EDIT: *hugs Amanda* for being bullied...makes me feel bad since I've always been the bully
                    sigpic

Comment

uppppppppp and dooooooooooooooown

That's GW for us today.

*sees that she is alone in here*

*grabs Martin and has her wicked way with him*
                      sigpic

Comment

*snatches Martin from Jann's evil clutches*

Comment

Well whaddya know, GW must have heard my grumblings on FB and decided to come back for when I got home

*huggles Nik and seconds what the ever-wise Jumble says*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          So my trivial little problem. Darling husband of mine went and brought a new pool. OK, we've had one of thoe 10 foot inflatable ring pools for a couple of years - actually two of them because the cat keeps puncturing the ring - but this one is a rigid sided frame pool so begone dastradly pussies! Problem is, it's 12 foot. My garden is long and narrow being 18 foot wide at the widest point and with the flower bed and gravel path, there's nowhere wide enough to actually put the pool up.
                          So I've been sitting here every night the last few nights with a garden design programme trying to figure out a way in which I can redesign the garden with the minimum of effort and still have room for the pool, patio set, a trampoline, a slide, a swing and somewhere to have all my lovely beautiful plants. I am brain fried... and no closer to a solution.
                          On the plus side, two days after we bought it, they announced a barbeque summer... just like last year... *sigh*
                          I'll believe it when I see it Mind you I did manage to completely miss all the good weather last year by cleverly going somewhere where it was winter

*huggles* for the logistical problem but yay for a pool! So, pool party at yours this summer then?

How very exciting!

I have a squashy chair fold-out-into-a-bed thing. Not sure whether it fits into my car boot but I'll give it a go and bring it if I can. I should be able to bring a duvet & pillows too, just as long as I can leave room for Jumble and Oma and our bags in there too

Only 2 and a half weeks to go!!! *bounces*
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Is GW truly with us again?
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey GW is back. We were having such a nice conversation on Jumble's FB page.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and feelings on my son and his social problems.

Jumble, I understand what you are saying and I had to give the teacher permission for him to see the social skills worker. I thought, why not? If it helps him, great. I just don't like it that when a child is different, whether good or bad, he is given a label (as others have said in here). I am happy that the teacher is concerned and wants to help, but I know my son, and he is a very fun loving and outgoing kid so it was a shock to hear that.

Woohoo, ship meet soon. Wait, I'm not going.
                              sigpic
                              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Oh, I forgot. What kind of car is that, Jumble? I have never seen that before.

EDIT - I just noticed that each post has its own post count now. Didn't it just show your total posts before?

EDIT2 - Nevermind, it just updated mine.
                                sigpic
                                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Working...
                                X