X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Wow yay for Rory!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Thank you for this hun. It's like you say, actually taking the plunge and quitting is the hardest bit and it does take something major to spur you into doing it. I think its the fear that's stopping me - can't really afford to leave, especially with everything I've got planned for next year. But I'm starting to resent it and I never wanted that because I love working there, just have a few issues with the other management and the ridiculous hours . Dave keeps saying I should just cut and run, sign myself up to temping and relax for a while. But it's easier said than done .
      It is fear. It was fear and familiarity that stopped me leaving for a long time and, even when I did start looking elsewhere I was just looking at the same sorts of jobs thinking I was completely unable to do anything else. The only reason I left in the end was because I didn't wait so long and go through so much hassle to have a child only to not see him at all for half the week (literally - I worked 8 hours days with an hour mandatory lunch, but inevitably ended up doing at least one extra hour on top, plus almost and hour travelling each way... you do the maths. I took the plunge, handed in my notice took a mortgage holiday for 6 months and took 6 months off to think about what I wanted. I got very lucky with the job I do (14 hours a week, mostly working from home, mostly school hours and I do something that actually enriches people's (childrens) lives. It did mean a £3k pay cut and it's a struggle sometimes but, pro rata, I earn much more than I ever did before and its a case of work/life balance that's right for me for now. And I have loads of new skills as a result.
      Point being I think, sometimes you do have to take a little pain, make a few sacrifices and play the long term game. When you take the plunge, break through the fear barrier and just do it (JFDI as we used to say in retail) it turns out that it's actually quite easily done as well as said.

You know Dave is right.

Really, honestly, it is all down to fear.

Do it! You will NEVER regret it.

(((Woohoos))) just because I haven't done so yet today. Or if I have, I'll do it again anyway!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Celeb spot of the day...

Just been putting some posters up around the venue and who should walk past me but Rory McGrath!! I don't think this will mean much to any non-UK woohoos, but I am amazed! He's currently supping on a pint in the bar and is just as hairy, and perhaps fatter in real life than on TV!
        How very exciting! I saw him myself a few years ago, also supping a pint at a pub in Oxford, and I would concur with your observation
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Has nothing to say about Next Tuesday. I enjoyed the episode but I was installing my laptop at the same time...so no thoughts from me!

*huggles woohoos*

And gotta run out again...it's mom's birthday and I'm being the waitress in here (so much fun ...after opening approximtely 10 bottles of wine I stopped counting) ...andhaven't hadanything myself yet...well...not much
          sigpic

Comment

OMG, guys, I'm not dead. Just sooo busy. Retail explosion called Christmas. Can't tell you how much it makes me tired. Bah. And personal stuff has been a bit nasty, some of it stupid, some of it not.

I can't catch up on the thread, I'm sorry. Though, in my defense, it seems you're discussing Sanctuary and I'm a couple of episodes behind! I hope it's worth the wait.

When I pluck up the courage, I'll explain what's been going off. But as of yet, I can't even put it into words, not all of it.

*hugs all you woohoos for being fantabulous*

EDIT: *hugs Sarai*
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*hugs Wendy* Hope things sort themselves out soon!
              sigpic

Comment

*huggles whohoos*
                Anybody else buried in all the projects for all the events coming up in GW??
                I think I should have started way earlier... *sigh*
                Needs some pics...Please?
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                  *huggles whohoos*
                  Anybody else buried in all the projects for all the events coming up in GW??
                  I think I should have started way earlier... *sigh*
                  Needs some pics...Please?
                  *nods* Yup, I'm buried under so much stuff!

What/Who do you need pictures of?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    *nods* Yup, I'm buried under so much stuff!

What/Who do you need pictures of?
                    Anyone from TPTB
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                      Anyone from TPTB
                      TBH...I think you're best bet wood be to go to <snip> and save the pictures onto your computer. Hope you don't mind Jumble but it's one of the best PTB resources!
                      Last edited by Regularamanda; 09 December 2009, 09:21 AM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

TBH...I think you're best bet wood be to go to Jumbles PB and save the pictures onto your computer. Hope you don't mind Jumble but it's one of the best PTB resources!
                        Thanks and Jackpot!!!!
                        Awesome collection Jumble
                        Last edited by yessika; 09 December 2009, 10:00 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

TBH...I think you're best bet wood be to go to <snip> and save the pictures onto your computer. Hope you don't mind Jumble but it's one of the best PTB resources!
                          Actually yes, I do mind. I prefer to share that link privately not publicly on the thread. Could you both remove it from your posts please? Thanks
                          Last edited by Jumble; 08 December 2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

*pops in*

good morning woohoos!

*pops out*
                            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

*stumbles in* Wood morning, Woohoos! I was tossing and turning all nigh, and woke with an ear ache and sore throat. Bleh. But, Hubby is home and so life is better.
                              sigpic

Comment

*huggles LJ* and is happy for her that her hubby is home again

For GW projects...too many! Still have to start. RL and my procrastination are coming in the way. ...oh and class

*runs out trying to pay attention*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X