X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
    But every day is thunking day, Jumble!

Let's try again (this is too much fun)

Martin's Manic Monday (spam of all shapes and sizes)
    TPTB Tuesday (featuring The Martin and his great friends...feel free to fangirl Joe, Brad and Paul on TPTB Tuesday)
    Woohood's Wherefore Wednesday (poetry day)
    Thunking Thursday (serious thunking, SERIOUS!)
    Foreign Friday (...um...try to thunk Woohood in another language?)
    Spam Saturday (pic spam, that is)
    Sultry Sunday (or Zwoele Zondag)

Hehehe - some of those are terrible
    That's better

The only other language I speak is French, and not very well........but I can say 'Martin, voulez-vous couchez avec moi se soir?' Or does that belong on Zwoele Zondag?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Nah, I'm sure he's not old enough to have a son that age
      not? ok - what about a brother? xD

There's a list of his appearances in Nad's first post, page 1 It's not complete, but there's a heck of a lot of them
      ah cool, didn't notice that. sorry
      That's better

The only other language I speak is French, and not very well........but I can say 'Martin, voulez-vous couchez avec moi se soir?' Or does that belong on Zwoele Zondag?
      well who cannot say that? xD I tried to make up a german sentence like that but somehow this language isn't made for romance but tomorrow is friday so I need to find something...

Comment

drat! I was so close...stupid spelling! But you obviously knew what I was talking about

*splash*
        Yup, and that's important. I'm already impressed at how close you were! Awesome!

Nah, I'm sure he's not old enough to have a son that age

Only one thunking day???
        One day totally devoted for thunking, all the other days also thunking, but one SERIOUS thunking day
        But every day is thunking day, Jumble!

Let's try again (this is too much fun)

Martin's Manic Monday (spam of all shapes and sizes)
        TPTB Tuesday (featuring The Martin and his great friends...feel free to fangirl Joe, Brad and Paul on TPTB Tuesday)
        Woohood's Wherefore Wednesday (poetry day)
        Thunking Thursday (serious thunking, SERIOUS!)
        Foreign Friday (...um...try to thunk Woohood in another language?)
        Spam Saturday (pic spam, that is)
        Sultry Sunday (or Zwoele Zondag)

Hehehe - some of those are terrible
        *giggles* I like the list!

That's better

ROFL...Martin, wil je met mij het bed delen? Of de liefde bedrijven? *wink wink* (that was btw dutch)

Martin, Ich liebe dich! Martin, Mochten Sie liebe mit mir bilden?(sorry for spelling errors) *cough*

Dutch and German just aren't made for love ...

You could do that on Zwoele Zondag as well

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
        well who cannot say that? xD I tried to make up a german sentence like that but somehow this language isn't made for romance but tomorrow is friday so I need to find something...
        Yeah it isn't...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          ROFL...Martin, wil je met mij het bed delen? Of de liefde bedrijven? *wink wink* (that was btw dutch)

Martin, Ich liebe dich! Martin, Mochten Sie liebe mit mir bilden?(sorry for spelling errors) *cough*

Dutch and German just aren't made for love ...

You could do that on Zwoele Zondag as well
          may I correct you? Martin, möchtest du liebe mit mir machen? - though it sounds really ..ummm... not for kids xD OMG i just hope he'll never read this. hmm, but i could google some Schiller or Goethe love quotes. they sure have written some

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
            may I correct you? Martin, möchtest du liebe mit mir machen? - though it sounds really ..ummm... not for kids xD OMG i just hope he'll never read this. hmm, but i could google some Schiller or Goethe love quotes. they sure have written some
            Yeah I know I was wrong...I never learned to say that! bilden and machen...*headdesk* d'oh...stupid mistake! someone noticing I haven't spoken German for more than 7 months .

Oh you could do that...perhaps they sound more...cute!
            sigpic

Comment

haha no problem. i couldn't say a word in dutch

well, i wouldn't say they sound cute, just more poetic

Comment

ssshh cute sounds better perhaps the germans like us more iwth cute lol
                sigpic

Comment

haha, I think german and cute don't go together as well. but we like cuteness.
                  look what I found: "Was hilft mir ein Schätzel, wenn's bei mir nicht bleibt!" Clemens Brentano ("what is a love good for when it doesn't stay with me?!" - just translated out of my head )

ok... do we have to submit things in our own language or can we chose one?

Comment

Ok, I'm not religious but...
                    *prays that The Martin never ever gets to see this*

Just in case:
                    Hi Martin! I Nadine, think you're an awesome director and I never have dirty thoughts for I don't understand gutter.

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Loving all the 'foreign' phrases But isn't today Thunking Thursday?

I've been trying to find out more info on our Man, but there's very little personal stuff out there

But I did find some comments people have made about him (spoilered for length)

The things people say about Martin
                      (source IMDb boards)

Spoiler:
                      “Every time the 'Directed By Martin Wood' comes up me, my sis and dad all cheer cause we all know it's going to be a good episode (Atlantis). I mean did any of you see all three parts of The Siege. Totally awesome and all done by MW.”

”Martin Wood is so freaking awesome, man.”

“I have been trying to get more info about Martin as well. I love him on the behind the scenes stuff as well. If anyone has any info on this man PLEASE share. I'm guessing he's one of those who's strictly private.”

“If Martin can read this: my admiration for you Sir, you are one of the best TV or film directors in the world.”

“Martin is one of the best television directors around. And he just is not getting the praise that he deserves!! He has made such a contribution, especially to SG-1, and frankly I don't understand why he has not gotten more recognition. He Is often on the behind the scenes stuff from Stargate and he is so funny and nice as well when they interview him, he's great!!! I would like to know why no one has filled in a profile for this lovely man, does he have a family? How old is he.. all the good stuff, the details ... more about this amazing man... I have no clue and I would love to know simply because he is SOOO talented!!!!”

“I have had the pleasure of working as a background extra on SGA a couple times with Mr. Wood as director. He is such a humble and down to earth guy. Typically a director doesn't have a lot of time to talk to background extras, but Mr. Wood makes the time. He is a super positive guy and conducts the respect of everyone on set, while at the same time remaining friendly and encouraging.”

“It TRULY is amazing how little recognition this man gets. EVERYTHING He directs is absolutely fantastic and always a pleasure to watch. His sense of humour never fails to amuse and I get so excited when he does the audio commentaries, he manages to educate you and make you laugh at the same time.”

”I have learned a bit more about his personal life for those who were asking along the way. He is Clearly wearing a wedding ring now (BREAKING MY HEART MARTIN!!!) and also I read an interview that said he had a child, the interview implied that he had his child about the same time Peter Deluise had his son Jake, so that would make Martin's child about 3 give or take a little, because Jake is approx. 3 right now.” (March 2007)

”Should Mr. Martin Wood ever have enough free time to read this, You TRULY are admired and appreciated.”

“You can definitely tell that he's an exceptional director.
                      Ever noticed how some of the later season action scenes in Stargate SG-1 just don't look proper? Its hard to explain, but it looks like they're not doing a good job lighting the scene or something, and they don't do any of the cool fancy one-shot movements (Wood talks about those types of shots all the time in the audio commentaries). I see this with new directors on shows, maybe its some new style or something.
                      When Martin Wood or Peter DeLuise are directing, however, I never notice anything (anything that could concern the the directing anyway) that distracts you from just enjoying the show. This is probably part of the reason why he doesn't get any recognition, because he's doing his job well enough that you're paying attention to the story instead of sloppy directing.”

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        But, but, isn't the whole point of this thread to let him know how much we love and appreciate him?

Just in case:
                        Hi Martin! I Nadine, think you're an awesome director and I never have dirty thoughts for I don't understand gutter.

Yeah riiiiight

Comment

Loving all the 'foreign' phrases But isn't today Thunking Thursday?

I've been trying to find out more info on our Man, but there's very little personal stuff out there

But I did find some comments people have made about him (spoilered for length)

The things people say about Martin
                          (source IMDb boards)

Spoiler:
                          “Every time the 'Directed By Martin Wood' comes up me, my sis and dad all cheer cause we all know it's going to be a good episode (Atlantis). I mean did any of you see all three parts of The Siege. Totally awesome and all done by MW.”

”Martin Wood is so freaking awesome, man.”

“I have been trying to get more info about Martin as well. I love him on the behind the scenes stuff as well. If anyone has any info on this man PLEASE share. I'm guessing he's one of those who's strictly private.”

“If Martin can read this: my admiration for you Sir, you are one of the best TV or film directors in the world.”

“Martin is one of the best television directors around. And he just is not getting the praise that he deserves!! He has made such a contribution, especially to SG-1, and frankly I don't understand why he has not gotten more recognition. He Is often on the behind the scenes stuff from Stargate and he is so funny and nice as well when they interview him, he's great!!! I would like to know why no one has filled in a profile for this lovely man, does he have a family? How old is he.. all the good stuff, the details ... more about this amazing man... I have no clue and I would love to know simply because he is SOOO talented!!!!”

“I have had the pleasure of working as a background extra on SGA a couple times with Mr. Wood as director. He is such a humble and down to earth guy. Typically a director doesn't have a lot of time to talk to background extras, but Mr. Wood makes the time. He is a super positive guy and conducts the respect of everyone on set, while at the same time remaining friendly and encouraging.”

“It TRULY is amazing how little recognition this man gets. EVERYTHING He directs is absolutely fantastic and always a pleasure to watch. His sense of humour never fails to amuse and I get so excited when he does the audio commentaries, he manages to educate you and make you laugh at the same time.”

”I have learned a bit more about his personal life for those who were asking along the way. He is Clearly wearing a wedding ring now (BREAKING MY HEART MARTIN!!!) and also I read an interview that said he had a child, the interview implied that he had his child about the same time Peter Deluise had his son Jake, so that would make Martin's child about 3 give or take a little, because Jake is approx. 3 right now.” (March 2007)

”Should Mr. Martin Wood ever have enough free time to read this, You TRULY are admired and appreciated.”

“You can definitely tell that he's an exceptional director.
                          Ever noticed how some of the later season action scenes in Stargate SG-1 just don't look proper? Its hard to explain, but it looks like they're not doing a good job lighting the scene or something, and they don't do any of the cool fancy one-shot movements (Wood talks about those types of shots all the time in the audio commentaries). I see this with new directors on shows, maybe its some new style or something.
                          When Martin Wood or Peter DeLuise are directing, however, I never notice anything (anything that could concern the the directing anyway) that distracts you from just enjoying the show. This is probably part of the reason why he doesn't get any recognition, because he's doing his job well enough that you're paying attention to the story instead of sloppy directing.”
                          Aww... it's awesome to read such loving comments on The Martin's work. They're so right!

I for one, don't really mind the lack of personal info... Sure I love to know what he eats for breakfast or what colour underwear he prefers Ok, not really... About the undies, the breakfast thing is a must know )But as for his private life... Nah. It tends to get a little scary, you know?
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

But, but, isn't the whole point of this thread to let him know how much we love and appreciate him?

Yeah riiiiight
                            Hehe... there's love and theres *wink* luuuurve *wink*...
                            Altough, talking about appreciation... I'm still waiting for a certain PTB vid, starring them, Tom Jones music and swimshorts. I'd appreciate that.

Guess a girl can't have it all...

No dirty intentions. I just have a healthy interest in swim shorts. And Tom Jones music...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Just in case:

Suuurrrreeeeeee

Well, I can't contribute to Foreign Friday, since I only speak English...

And Bekki, you forgot my 7pm!!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

haha, OMG I think he would become paranoid if he reads this thread xD. But I think it's ok that there is not much info about his private life. makes thunking much more easier xD in our phantasies we can do the things WE want and not what he wants

swimshorts? but please not too tight ones . I don't like it when there's not much space left for phantasies otherwise I couldn't stop staring there. And I go with the Tom Jones music

Comment

Working...
                                X