No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I actually redid it...

sigpic

Comment

Oh that one's even more gorgeous!

*huggles Nad for uni grrr*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        *dances excitedly at the Sanctuary goodies*

Oooh they're fab. I want these DVDs NOW!!!

*dances back out to rewatch again and again and again... *

*pops back in just to ((((Woohoos)))) and ((((PTB)))) and ((((Sanctuary PTB))))

*dances out again*
        See? Seeeeee?

I should get my vids in a week or two *crosses fingers* *happy dances*

LJ that's brilliant, well done

Comment

Did someone mentioned giving me a cookie? *looks around*

*sticks out tongue at Jann*

*hugs LJ* The pages look wonderful. Good luck!

*hugs Nad* I recommend you send Teal'c to give them 'The Eyebrow' That should solve all the problems.

*hugs the rest of the woohoos just because*
          sigpic

Comment

Nad, send the Lady on the Park Bench after the uni people! That should scare them into submission!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              I see you beat me to posting that here. Isn't it great! (Although I feel I'm going to be taking a lot of ribbing over the dim Canadian bit in the bloopers )
              Aww.
              Can I play out the ''AT Said So Card'' now?

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              Tesla!!!
              And here I was trying to not be so transparent. I did immediately pass it on on the YJ/NT thread, though
              He's so awesome. *sighs*
              Thanks Martin.

And someone higher... Yeah. I will be looking into that. I just really want to get this thing sorted first. I'm no longer completely stressed out, because it's not my fault they suck, but I'm not looking foreward to getting more stuff on my plate right now... I have done everything I could right now.
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                Nad, send the Lady on the Park Bench after the uni people! That should scare them into submission!
                Hehe. Oh... I bet it would
                I've been neglecting her lately...

BTW, LJ, have I ever mentioned how awesome your kids seem? So cute!
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  Hehe. Oh... I bet it would
                  I've been neglecting her lately...

BTW, LJ, have I ever mentioned how awesome your kids look? So cute!
                  Thanks! I can't take credit for the genes, but I can take credit for the smiles!
                  sigpic

Comment

Holy smokes! I just printed my pages. Niiiice! I'm so used to seeing my stuff just on the screen that it catches me off guard to actually see it on paper! Woot!
                    sigpic

Comment

LJ I love those pages from you and your family. You all look so happy and the artwork is also amazing It looks like you have some awesome kids can I babysit them?

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      Did someone mentioned giving me a cookie? *looks around*
                      No cookies left...I ate 'em all...

(((Nad))) This is getting really ridiculous. They should just let you go into the classes. You are missing a lot of stuff because of them. It's their problem that they can't even do their paperwork properly, you shouldn't suffer because of that. The least they can do is at least let you go to the "work group" classes and all because you need 'em.

Oh and I had a question for the UK'ers in here...what's a GCSE exactly? I'm full of questions today ...oh and why do you need it? Is it like a highschool diploma or so?!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I can't take credit for the genes, but I can take credit for the smiles!
                        I bet. They really look happy

Holy smokes! I just printed my pages. Niiiice! I'm so used to seeing my stuff just on the screen that it catches me off guard to actually see it on paper! Woot!
                        WooHood!!!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        (((Nad))) This is getting really ridiculous. They should just let you go into the classes. You are missing a lot of stuff because of them. It's their problem that they can't even do their paperwork properly, you shouldn't suffer because of that. The least they can do is at least let you go to the "work group" classes and all because you need 'em.
                        *nods* Good thing is that I followed the groups last year, so I'm not really missing out. Bad thing is that I couldn't do the exams. Tragic thing is that when you miss too many work groups, you can't do the exams and I can already imagine the hassle to get that sorted out when the time comes...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Oh and I had a question for the UK'ers in here...what's a GCSE exactly? I'm full of questions today ...oh and why do you need it? Is it like a highschool diploma or so?!

General Certificate of Secondary Education. Yes, kind of like a high school diploma.

GCSEs are made up part exam and part coursework. Students start working towards their GCSE from about 14 years old (basically the last two years of secondary school are taken up doing them or working towards them). There's usually - but not always - an exam paper at the end. Depending on the subject depends on how much of each (for instance my English language GCSE was 85% coursework, my art was 100% coursework, but my maths was 100% exam.) Depending on how well you do, depends on which grade you get. To complicate matters however, for some GCSEs students can be entered into higher or lower grading GCSEs (for instance my maths was the top grade exam, which meant that if I failed to get enough to get a minimum C pass I would fail the whole thing, whereas my friend was on a lower/easier paper and she could get anything from an E to C grade pass but could not get above a C).
                          Oh they come in all sorts of subjects.
                          I was the first school year to sit the GCSE as opposed to the old "O level" exams.
                          sigpic

Comment

Aw that's so beautiful and absolutely true. And that IMO is what parenthood is all about.

I knew they'd look awesome. How anyone will be able to resist making you a mommy again with that artwork, I do not know.

Nad, ooeeer, how many would you have to miss before they won't let you do exams? And would they make an exception because it's their balls up?
                            sigpic

Comment

Just to add to what Cags said, you sit your GCSEs at the end of year 11, when you're 16, which is the final compulsory year of school. After that if you stay on until you're 18 you can do various other higher exams then - it's got way complicated since I left school But the academic one is A-levels, generally in 3 or 4 subjects, and they're what you need normally to go to university
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                General Certificate of Secondary Education. Yes, kind of like a high school diploma.

GCSEs are made up part exam and part coursework. Students start working towards their GCSE from about 14 years old (basically the last two years of secondary school are taken up doing them or working towards them). There's usually - but not always - an exam paper at the end. Depending on the subject depends on how much of each (for instance my English language GCSE was 85% coursework, my art was 100% coursework, but my maths was 100% exam.) Depending on how well you do, depends on which grade you get. To complicate matters however, for some GCSEs students can be entered into higher or lower grading GCSEs (for instance my maths was the top grade exam, which meant that if I failed to get enough to get a minimum C pass I would fail the whole thing, whereas my friend was on a lower/easier paper and she could get anything from an E to C grade pass but could not get above a C).
                                Oh they come in all sorts of subjects.
                                I was the first school year to sit the GCSE as opposed to the old "O level" exams.
                                Yep! Same school year

Comment

Working...
                                X