Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Afternoon woohoos!

I've have a lovely morning gardening - I have a nice crop of onions drying out in the conservatory now. Off to a barbeque this afternoon (and, hopefully, pool party if I can be bothered to tackle the forest that is my neglected legs). I have to eat before we go though because, well, their idea of babreque and mine differ slightly, shall we say. At mine we have actual food instead of just booze and idiot men preening over the coals trying to outdo each other in burning everything to oblivion.

How do you manage that?
    How many people do I know having birthdays this week! Half my facebook contacts and half my family! And now you too.
    *thinks hard about how she can help Jumble celebrate.*

You might have a point. I know TPTB for X Files were not terribly prominent on bts stuff - they did interviews etc. but it was mostly Chris Carter who did all the interviews and a lot fo the commentaries and special features and he's the only one most non-fans really know about. I know most of the XF writers and producers but if you asked me to name all the usual directors (apart from the directors that also wrote and produced because Cc did a lot of all three) I'd be at a loss.

One interesting thing though is Peter Deluise is as prominent as Martin and his commentaries etc. pretty great but nobody - well, nobody here anyway - really goes ga ga over him like the do with the others. I wonder why that is? I mean he's funny and cuteish and he says shippy stuff and directs shippy eps too so why no fangurls?
    Perhaps I should adopt him and show him some love.
    Maybe it's because of the family resemblance to ?

Have fun at the barbeque!

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    *Runs through the thread nekkid*

Hi WooHoos!

Took the day off from GW yesterday, I know big mistake lol.

I love all the pics from the MGM site, does anyone know if there's any of Amanda there? Before I go take a look. Sorry I know she's OT here.

BTW, in one pic Martin was carrying RL, does anyone know why?

Julia(samcarterrules)
    LOADS! There's just loads and loads and loads of awesome pics of everyone, both from the eps and bts, and they're all really high quality too Well worth the time poking around
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Afternoon woohoos!

I've have a lovely morning gardening - I have a nice crop of onions drying out in the conservatory now. Off to a barbeque this afternoon (and, hopefully, pool party if I can be bothered to tackle the forest that is my neglected legs). I have to eat before we go though because, well, their idea of babreque and mine differ slightly, shall we say. At mine we have actual food instead of just booze and idiot men preening over the coals trying to outdo each other in burning everything to oblivion.

How do you manage that?

How many people do I know having birthdays this week! Half my facebook contacts and half my family! And now you too.
      *thinks hard about how she can help Jumble celebrate.*
      Well basically what I think happened was that sometime around New Year I started thinking 'OMG! I'm going to be XX years old this year Then I think it evolved in my head as 'OMG! I'm XX years old So then when the birthday started to approach I subconciously added a year and started thinking 'OMG! I'm nearly XX+1'

Then when Nad said to me about the 40th Anniversary of Woodstock my mind wandered back to 1969 and I suddenly thought 'Hang on! I was xx in 1969, so I can't be XX+1 this birthday ' and started happy dancing because I'm about to be the age I thought I already was

See?

I'm sure next weekend you'll help me celebrate in style

You might have a point. I know TPTB for X Files were not terribly prominent on bts stuff - they did interviews etc. but it was mostly Chris Carter who did all the interviews and a lot fo the commentaries and special features and he's the only one most non-fans really know about. I know most of the XF writers and producers but if you asked me to name all the usual directors (apart from the directors that also wrote and produced because Cc did a lot of all three) I'd be at a loss.

One interesting thing though is Peter Deluise is as prominent as Martin and his commentaries etc. pretty great but nobody - well, nobody here anyway - really goes ga ga over him like the do with the others. I wonder why that is? I mean he's funny and cuteish and he says shippy stuff and directs shippy eps too so why no fangurls?
      Well personally, I can't stand PDL I've listened to a few of his commentaries and I can honestly say I didn't enjoy them. His 'humour' doesn't work for me, whereas Martin constantly makes me laugh out loud and/or giggle. PDL messes about, yes, but somehow to me he comes across as childish, something I've never thought about Martin.

I guess PDL is a good looking man, and he's very good at what he does, but I definitely don't find him attractive.

Brad, on the other hand, has something I can't quite define that always makes me smile and get the warm fuzzies whenever I see him.

Maybe the thing that Martin, Brad and Joe all have in common is that to me they seem such nice guys, without making any effort to give that impression?

It seems to me (and I could be way off the mark here) that Coopie's problem is shyness. He always seems to put himself in the background, seems a tad too serious. And yet when he does smile or laugh you can see a cheeky sparkle in his eyes that makes me do a double take and think maybe there's more to him than we ever see

Hmmm. Analyzing OBPTB, deep thinking...........

*checks* Yes, it really is me

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Maybe it's because of the family resemblance to ?

Have fun at the barbeque!

LOADS! There's just loads and loads and loads of awesome pics of everyone, both from the eps and bts, and they're all really high quality too Well worth the time poking around
        Strangely enough, I've never really made that association

Hi WooHoos!

I love all the pics from the MGM site, does anyone know if there's any of Amanda there? Before I go take a look. Sorry I know she's OT here.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        I think something was mentioned on the commentary of The Return Pt2, but I can't check because I've lent all my SGA dvds to a friend

I'm not even sure what he was doing there since he didn't direct it Maybe Brad Turner needed a hand from The Best Director Ever Born
        Last edited by Jumble; 08 August 2009, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Hi WooHoos!

Oh yes. Lots of Amanda. In fact I spend most of today in photoshop making artwork with the new pics. They rock!!!

Spoiler:

So cute

Julia(samcarterrules)
          To make Jumble jealous?

sigpic

Comment

and it worked

Comment

What? *blinks*

Last edited by jasminaGo; 08 August 2009, 05:45 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                I think something was mentioned on the commentary of The Return Pt2, but I can't check because I've lent all my SGA dvds to a friend

I'm not even sure what he was doing there since he didn't direct it Maybe Brad Turner needed a hand from The Best Director Ever Born
                So true!
                Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                Oh yes. Lots of Amanda. In fact I spend most of today in photoshop making artwork with the new pics. They rock!!!

To make Jumble jealous?

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...x0x-2387xb.jpg
                Yeah that'll be it.

And cute pic of Amanda too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Wood Morning WooHoos

On the other PTB thing, is it because our PTB have such high profiles and appear on the dvd Special Features such a lot? Do the WW directors, for example, do things like the SG Director's Series? Do any other shows have anyone remotely as talented and gorgeous as Martin?

Just a thought

Now normally I'd be cringing at the thought of being yet another year older on Monday, but since Nad showed me that I'd got my numbers wrong () I'm actually quite happy about it because I'm going to be a year younger than I thought I was
                  Double congrats in that case.

There was a Canadian show called Robson Arms. After PDL lost weight he appeared on that show shirtless and was pretty darned buff. I thought he was funny at the beginning but came to dislike his commentaries. Too much teenage boy potty humour for my style and sometimes he rarely commented on the actual show. I think one of the reasons I like Martin so much is he is funny without being crude and has something relevant to say in his commentaries.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Double congrats in that case.
                    Thanks

There was a Canadian show called Robson Arms. After PDL lost weight he appeared on that show shirtless and was pretty darned buff. I thought he was funny at the beginning but came to dislike his commentaries. Too much teenage boy potty humour for my style and sometimes he rarely commented on the actual show.
                    That's it exactly!! Can't stand that kind of stuff

Being good to look at doesn't make up for lack of character and charm

I think one of the reasons I like Martin so much is he is funny without being crude and has something relevant to say in his commentaries.
                    Yep, you've nailed it again All his commentaries are funny and informative, and he explains things so that I actually understand what he's talking about

I've listened to his commentary on The Hive more times than I can count, because it's just brilliant. He does the whole thing himself because there was no-one else around, which means not only is he able to give detailed information about the ep (uninterrupted ), but it's laced with his unique humour which I adore And he is so obviously enjoying himself, it's worth hearing just for the pleasure in his voice

He also says when a scene didn't work out the way he wanted it to, or when he feels he should have done it better.

I like the ones he does with Jim Menard and James Tichener. Always relaxed, informative and fun. They obvioiusly get on really well together, because the three of them just seem to gel, and the discussion flows freely with each of them getting to say what they want to without anyone cutting across them

Oooooh! Serious Jumble today
                    Last edited by Jumble; 08 August 2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks

That's it exactly!! Can't stand that kind of stuff

Being good to look at doesn't make up for lack of character and charm

Yep, you've nailed it again All his commentaries are funny and informative, and he explains things so that I actually understand what he's talking about

I've listened to his commentary on The Hive more times than I can count, because it's just brilliant. He does the whole thing himself because there was no-one else around, which means not only is he able to give detailed information about the ep (uninterrupted ), but it's laced with his unique humour which I adore And he is so obviously enjoying himself, it's worth hearing just for the pleasure in his voice

He also says when a scene didn't work out the way he wanted it to, or when he feels he should have done it better.

I like the ones he does with Jim Menard and James Tichener. Always relaxed, informative and fun. They obvioiusly get on really well together, because the three of them just seem to gel, and the discussion flows freely with each of them getting to say what they want to without anyone cutting across them

Oooooh! Serious Jumble today
                      My favourite commentaries are AT/MW but I also like Jim and James. I think that, by far, James was the best of the visual effects commentators. He not only commented on his area but was good at asking the directors questions to keep the commentary informative. Michelle Comens only did a couple but I thought she did a good job too. I especially liked her commentary with Joe M on Ripple Effect.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*munches cereal*

I liked PDL's Q&A on Joe's blog. I think when you get a camera/ microphone in front pf him, he feels the need to perform.

I love Joe because, not only does he seem like a genuinely nice person (dedicating his blog to the people who have had to deal with Autism in their lives, for instance), but he also allows us access to the other PTB through his blog. Brad, Joel, Coopie; we'v all read their Q&As on the blog and enjoyed getting to know them better. As a successful writer, he inspires me (an as-yet unsuccessful writer) with his openness about his triumphs and frustrations.

Frankly, the pic on Joe's blog of BW and his cute wife made me fall in love with BW. She is a gracious and sweet person and they obviously love each other a lot; you can see it in the pic! *fangirls BWW*

I wasn't a huge fan of Coopie until I saw that pic of him at home on the blog. He was so relaxed and happy on in his comfort zone (at home w/ wife, cooking for friends). I agree he seems to just have a streak of shyness to him--which I find endearing.

OBPTB ROCK!!

Oh, P.S. We get both of those glimpses into OBPTB's lives thanks to My Most BPTB, Joe. Yes, all PTB roads lead back to Joe...
                        sigpic

Comment

It's the poo jokes! Ladies don't like poo jokes.
                          Yes, adopt him.

The Amanda isn't OT here. We adopted her as honorary WooHoo

And love all the analasisises (yes, I know that's spelled wrong) about the PTB.
                          I think that we're a bit odd for doing so, but I do agree. There's just something nerdingly cool aboot them that makes them lovable. Really, I can even forgive most of their mistakes.

...Ok, maybe not most. Some.

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            *munches cereal*

I liked PDL's Q&A on Joe's blog. I think when you get a camera/ microphone in front pf him, he feels the need to perform.

I love Joe because, not only does he seem like a genuinely nice person (dedicating his blog to the people who have had to deal with Autism in their lives, for instance), but he also allows us access to the other PTB through his blog. Brad, Joel, Coopie; we'v all read their Q&As on the blog and enjoyed getting to know them better. As a successful writer, he inspires me (an as-yet unsuccessful writer) with his openness about his triumphs and frustrations.

Frankly, the pic on Joe's blog of BW and his cute wife made me fall in love with BW. She is a gracious and sweet person and they obviously love each other a lot; you can see it in the pic! *fangirls BWW*

I wasn't a huge fan of Coopie until I saw that pic of him at home on the blog. He was so relaxed and happy on in his comfort zone (at home w/ wife, cooking for friends). I agree he seems to just have a streak of shyness to him--which I find endearing.

OBPTB ROCK!!

Oh, P.S. We get both of those glimpses into OBPTB's lives thanks to My Most BPTB, Joe. Yes, all PTB roads lead back to Joe...

Hm... Joe's blog as portal to the Secret World of PTB Life...
                            Well, it is where we learnt that Coopie cooks...
                            And that the penguins found their way into Carls office...

Yeah.
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              My favourite commentaries are AT/MW but I also like Jim and James. I think that, by far, James was the best of the visual effects commentators. He not only commented on his area but was good at asking the directors questions to keep the commentary informative. Michelle Comens only did a couple but I thought she did a good job too. I especially liked her commentary with Joe M on Ripple Effect.
                              I love AT/MW commentaries they balance fun and information very well.
                              I have to confess though I do like PDL's commentaries, his humour makes me laugh.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I love AT/MW commentaries they balance fun and information very well.
                                Yes they do
                                I have to confess though I do like PDL's commentaries, his humour makes me laugh.
                                Julia(samcarterrules)
                                Don't be , everyone has their own likes/dislikes

Just repeating that we're still looking for our 40th Shippy Hippy.....

..... and agreeing with Nad...

*huggles OBPTB*

Oh and a new one - MMBPTB Nice one LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X