No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I have a question. I don't watch much television and am not involved in any fandom beyond SG1 and Sanctuary so I'm curious to know if TPTB in other shows or genres are as well known among the fans as they are in SG/Sanctuary. What do you think?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      So, I have a question. I don't watch much television and am not involved in any fandom beyond SG1 and Sanctuary so I'm curious to know if TPTB in other shows or genres are as well known among the fans as they are in SG/Sanctuary. What do you think?

Well, I think probably yes. I was a huge X Files fan and I could certainly tell you the names of all the chief culprits involved there, and I know we have Star Trek and Doctor Who/Torchwood fans here who could do the the same. I think it becomes part of a deep and true appreciation of your fandom when you know things at that level. I know I, for one, used to verily fangurl Mark Snow's score for X Files (the rest off the PTB, not so much! )
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Well, I think probably yes. I was a huge X Files fan and I could certainly tell you the names of all the chief culprits involved there, and I know we have Star Trek and Doctor Who/Torchwood fans here who could do the the same. I think it becomes part of a deep and true appreciation of your fandom when you know things at that level. I know I, for one, used to verily fangurl Mark Snow's score for X Files (the rest off the PTB, not so much! )
        Those are all scifi shows, so is it a scifi thing?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

People are odd.

Well you said you were going to bed with a good book so I figured it could have only one author.
          *facepalm* Should have got that

If he ever writes his autobiography the pages will be worn out in no time

I couldn't name you a director of anything else that I watch Or any other PTB come to that

But then, I hadn't heard of Martin until about a year ago

Comment

I don't think so. I could tell you of The West Wing fans who feel the same, and Bones fans and Law & Order fans to name but a few. I think it's probably more prevalant among sci fi fans since we're naturally more... obsessive and particular about our fandoms but it happens all over.
            sigpic

Comment

Those are all scifi shows, so is it a scifi thing?
              I don't think so. I could tell you of The West Wing fans who feel the same, and Bones fans and Law & Order fans to name but a few. I think it's probably more prevalant among sci fi fans since we're naturally more... obsessive and particular about our fandoms but it happens all over.
              I was just going to pipe up and say I'm a fairly big fangurl of the PTB of West Wing, just not to the extent we go to on here! Plus its pretty difficult to fangurl the PTB of a franchise. If only WW the movie wood come out

EDIT: Off back to the land of no internet, back Monday morning (incidentally Jumble's birthday , let the frivolities begin! )

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                I was just going to pipe up and say I'm a fairly big fangurl of the PTB of West Wing, just not to the extent we go to on here! Plus its pretty difficult to fangurl the PTB of a franchise. If only WW the movie wood come out

EDIT: Off back to the land of no internet, back Monday morning (incidentally Jumble's birthday , let the frivolities begin! )
                Yup, me too!
                *waves* Have.. er... fun in the land of no internet, see you on Monday! *huggles*
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Wood Morning WooHoos

On the other PTB thing, is it because our PTB have such high profiles and appear on the dvd Special Features such a lot? Do the WW directors, for example, do things like the SG Director's Series? Do any other shows have anyone remotely as talented and gorgeous as Martin?

Just a thought

Now normally I'd be cringing at the thought of being yet another year older on Monday, but since Nad showed me that I'd got my numbers wrong () I'm actually quite happy about it because I'm going to be a year younger than I thought I was

Comment

I do think it's as simple as our PTB appearing in so many BTS features. That and Sci-fi fans being more obsessive.
                    Also, I think we're more down with franchise. We buy the DVD's, are 'drowning' in the amount of conventions there are for sci-fi fans...
                    Because, really, those PTB get a lot more...um... shall we say attractive when you see them running loose in their 'natural' habitats. Even in the Stargate world of fandom, the more visible PTB have more insane stalkers.
                    Right Martin and Joe?

Look at Coopie, he's a bit camera shy and he only has me.

Having said that, yes 'normal' genres do have fangurled PTB. They're just not The Martin.

And jumble, I'm glad I could help.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I'm seriously ticked at Joe........... I've been living on salads and 'healthy' stuff for weeks trying to lose some weight............. and then he goes and tells me that I'd do better to eat a Big Mac and fries

Not that I'd ever go near MacDonald's since I hate their stuff, but the idea of a burger and chips is seriously appealing right now

On the upside, I have managed to lose half the weight I wanted to, and I'd definitely fit into his arms now....

... instead if him having to do this ....

... but it'll be a while before he could do this .........

... but I can dream
                      Last edited by Jumble; 08 August 2009, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        I do think it's as simple as our PTB appearing in so many BTS features. That and Sci-fi fans being more obsessive.
                        Also, I think we're more down with franchise. We buy the DVD's, are 'drowning' in the amount of conventions there are for sci-fi fans...
                        Because, really, those PTB get a lot more...um... shall we say attractive when you see them running loose in their 'natural' habitats.
                        Oh what a vision that invoked

Even in the Stargate world of fandom, the more visible PTB have more insane stalkers.
                        Right Martin and Joe?
                        I take issue with 'insane'! What could be more sane than to fangurl these two? Both are attractive, talented, intelligent men who positively encourage our fandom, Joe with his blog, Martin with so many personal appearances? And both of them just being really 'nice' and friendly whenever they come into contact with their fans

Not insane at all.......

On the other hand..........

Nuff said

Having said that, yes 'normal' genres do have fangurled PTB. They're just not The Martin.
                        Which is sooooo sad for those other shows

Oh yes, perked me up no end you did Best birthday present I've ever had

Comment

WooHood for loosing the weight!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          I take issue with 'insane'! What could be more sane than to fangurl these two? Both are attractive, talented, intelligent men who positively encourage our fandom, Joe with his blog, Martin with so many personal appearances? And both of them just being really 'nice' and friendly whenever they come into contact with their fans

Not insane at all.......

On the other hand..........

Nuff said

*pats Coopie on the head*
                          *covers his ears*

And with running loose in their natural habitat I meant...
                          Ok, it does sound kind of sexy.

*runs off* *waves*
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

WooHood for loosing the weight!

*pats Coopie on the head*
                            *covers his ears*
                            Not too much patting, you don't want to wear away any more hair...

*ducks and runz*

And with running loose in their natural habitat I meant...
                            Ok, it does sound kind of sexy.
                            It certainly does, I'm having great fun with that idea

*runs off* *waves*
                            Bye Nad *waves*

I've got a very busy day, so I'll see you all later

Comment

Afternoon woohoos!

I've have a lovely morning gardening - I have a nice crop of onions drying out in the conservatory now. Off to a barbeque this afternoon (and, hopefully, pool party if I can be bothered to tackle the forest that is my neglected legs). I have to eat before we go though because, well, their idea of babreque and mine differ slightly, shall we say. At mine we have actual food instead of just booze and idiot men preening over the coals trying to outdo each other in burning everything to oblivion.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              Now normally I'd be cringing at the thought of being yet another year older on Monday, but since Nad showed me that I'd got my numbers wrong () I'm actually quite happy about it because I'm going to be a year younger than I thought I was
                              How do you manage that?
                              How many people do I know having birthdays this week! Half my facebook contacts and half my family! And now you too.
                              *thinks hard about how she can help Jumble celebrate.*

Because, really, those PTB get a lot more...um... shall we say attractive when you see them running loose in their 'natural' habitats. Even in the Stargate world of fandom, the more visible PTB have more insane stalkers.
                              Right Martin and Joe?

You might have a point. I know TPTB for X Files were not terribly prominent on bts stuff - they did interviews etc. but it was mostly Chris Carter who did all the interviews and a lot fo the commentaries and special features and he's the only one most non-fans really know about. I know most of the XF writers and producers but if you asked me to name all the usual directors (apart from the directors that also wrote and produced because Cc did a lot of all three) I'd be at a loss.

One interesting thing though is Peter Deluise is as prominent as Martin and his commentaries etc. pretty great but nobody - well, nobody here anyway - really goes ga ga over him like the do with the others. I wonder why that is? I mean he's funny and cuteish and he says shippy stuff and directs shippy eps too so why no fangurls?
                              Perhaps I should adopt him and show him some love.
                              sigpic

Comment

*Runs through the thread nekkid*

Hi WooHoos!

Took the day off from GW yesterday, I know big mistake lol.

I love all the pics from the MGM site, does anyone know if there's any of Amanda there? Before I go take a look. Sorry I know she's OT here.

BTW, in one pic Martin was carrying RL, does anyone know why?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X