The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Wood morning, Woohoos! I'm off to bed now! Hope you all have a fun day while I'm sleeping! Wasn't Joe's blog hilarious last night!

*floats off to bed*
    Oh yes indeed! Anyone up for a 'threesome?' The mind boggles...........

Oh fudge, I misread it, he said 'three-parter'

Poor Joe, I know exactly how he feels. All that computer jargon gives me a headache

Woodnight LJ, see you later
    Last edited by Jumble; 05 August 2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Night Luvnjack! Pleasant dreams

Hehehe - Jumble: the mind sees what it wants to see

Oh, and I'll copy and paste the review, just in case anyone wanted to read

Spoiler:
      Director Rodney Wolff has orchestrated a very tidy performance of this musical thriller, emulating a professional show. The vibrant and quick atmosphere is balanced with a side of humour as the dark and tragic Sweeney Todd tale evolves. The large team behind the production that shaped the set, lighting and costumes gave the show its vibrancy, which was tied together and lit by Wolff’s vision.

Alice Barbery was a standout with her strong singing voice as the delightfully devious and quirky Mrs Lovett. The character is certainly a fun one to play and Barbery took to it with fervour. Jack Bradford was quiet and thoughtful as Sweeny Todd, which worked well against Barbery. Their duets were always entertaining and although Bradford’s singing voice was not as strong as the others he controlled it well and used it to give Todd a brooding feel.

The beggar woman played by Megan Crocombe was a great feature character. Hunched over with matted hair and a gravely voice she lurched around the set as an eerie and mysterious old crone.

James Gauci, who plays sailor Anthony, had a beautiful singing voice. Bekki Adams as Johanna was a perfect match with Gauci, and together they were the unspoiled young couple; a representation of purity in the dark thriller. Adams was a Scarlett Johansson look-alike with porcelain skin and blonde, curly hair.

A strong chorus carried some of the best musical pieces of the night, and the live orchestra back stage were key in giving the show punch. Music director Geoff Secomb and vocal director Nick Hollamby steered the performers to a professional level. If you love musicals or if you just love paying amateur ticket prices for a professional theatre experience, get along to this one.

Sweeney Todd is showing until the 8th of August.

Bookings on 1300 762 545 or www.oztix.com.au.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow! What a wonderful review! Well done Bekki Just wish we could see it

Make sure you copy that one for your portfolio

Sooooo.... what's he like, the other half of your 'perfectly matched unspoiled young couple'? I've seen his picture, but what's he like?

Comment

Woohood Bekki! Congrats on the awesome review!
          sigpic

Comment

Jasmina I'm uploading those vids. There are actually two, the third one I was thinking of was the 'Aaaaand CUT!!!' blooper

PB is down for maintenance, what a pain

Back in a tick

Comment

Yay! (for the vids, not for pb being down... )
              sigpic

Comment

Here you go Continuum Screening vids

The interview with Martin is just scrummy (but when is he not? ) *huggles him*

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Here you go Continuum Screening vids

The interview with Martin is just scrummy (but when is he not? ) *huggles him*
                  Thanks! *hugs* I think I've seen the first before somewhere (might have been yt but I'm not sure. ). I love Martin's hair there...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    Thanks! *hugs* I think I've seen the first before somewhere (might have been yt but I'm not sure. ). I love Martin's hair there...
                    I can't believe I saw a vid that you hadn't, what is the world coming to?

Yes, I do love his hair just that little bit longer

PB is back........

.... not that I'm hooked on that vid or anything.............

Comment

It's the apocalypse!!!!!!! Quick, act like you're scared and run.
                      sigpic

Comment

If it's the apocalypse, there's not much point in running

Comment

Not even nekkid running?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                            I'm off there this Sunday, Suz and Mike are treating me for my birthday It's great, because I've been there so often (last time with five of the mums that I work/have worked for, when nobody mentioned that I was the only one on red wine so I had to drink it all.......) everyone knows me and I get special treatment Stuart even made me a special dessert because I whinged about my favourite not being on the menu that night
                            Sounds like its going to be perfect then! I haven't had a good meal out in forever

I'm glad you're happy with the house The internet problem will get sorted, then it will all be perfect
                            Here's hoping anyway

I don't mind travelling to you, and I'm sure Josiane wood be up for it Oma might have more of a problem being so far south, but I'm sure we can figure somethig out
                            Hmmm...interesting. Maybe the next shipmeet will take place in the chilly north then . Wood have to find a way to hustle Dave out of the house for the weekend, .

That wood be good, because you woodn't want me to lose track wood you?
                            Ha! As if you ever could. Still, it might make the counting down more visually interesting .

Comment

I have a good solution!!! Space... the final frontier...

Allthough, the nekkid running could work too...
                              My fanfic link (adult content!)

Always...

Comment

Awesome pic!

Welcome to the madness Kirdy!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X