Chicago Creation 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr,jackson View Post
    so I guess you guys want me to bring the cookies again ?
    Heck yea!

so we have
    raspberry beer (lots of raspberry beer, I'll help buy some if that helps!)
    cookies
    duct tape

What else do we need for a party????

Originally posted by ~Sarah~
    Shiny!!! Duct tape!!!!

*huge hugs* Thank you so much for the duct tape bandages that you brought last time.... they've been so awesome
    Your welcome. It was lucky that they went on sale at the time we were talking about them - I didn't even know we made them until I got the employee e-store e-mail.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
      Awww, you are so sweet? What can I bring to share? Maybe I will have to bring some homemade goodies? Right now, it sounds like my bosses will again be paying for a room for me at the Marriott around the corner from the convention hotel, so I should have a small fridge again for stashing some treats.

August would be nice, but honestly, I am just waiting for the 26th (20 days!) when we leave for Oahu!!
      Homemade goodies are always welcome!

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Heck yea!

so we have
      raspberry beer (lots of raspberry beer, I'll help buy some if that helps!)
      cookies
      duct tape

What else do we need for a party????

Your welcome. It was lucky that they went on sale at the time we were talking about them - I didn't even know we made them until I got the employee e-store e-mail.
      Depending on your definition of lots, I may just take you up on that offer, Rosehawk.

I'm thinking we'll be bringing two coolers this year with one just for the raspberry beer. Sis and I will have to start buying them at the beginning of August to make sure we go around to all the stores and get as much as we can.

Jules
      , definitely bring some cookies.
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
        Homemade goodies are always welcome!
        I'm rubbing my tummy all ready!

Originally posted by DJgirl
        Depending on your definition of lots, I may just take you up on that offer, Rosehawk.
        Well, I was surprised that I actually liked the raspberry beer and I could have gone for two. As it was I got one of the last bottles - I think you gave Chuck the last one didn't you last year?!

I'm thinking we'll be bringing two coolers this year with one just for the raspberry beer. Sis and I will have to start buying them at the beginning of August to make sure we go around to all the stores and get as much as we can.
        Is raspberry beer something in short supply?

Jules, definitely bring some cookies.
        Yummmmmmmm, cookies. David really liked them last year and Paul loved them the year before!
        Those cookies are what got Jules up on stage with Paul two years ago!
        sigpic

Comment

Hey! Count me in on the raspberry beer!! I will also be glad to help contribute!! I plan to make a stop by the liquor store near the hotel the night we get in as my roommates and I are planning a pizza/alcohol Atlantis party!

As I will still be pretty new to the whole drinking thing, anyone have any suggestions on what to get??

Comment

Stroopwafels.... I need more.... PLEaaase.....
            sigpic
            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
              Stroopwafels.... I need more.... PLEaaase.....
              ah well done! you are the first who writes it correctly ! or did you cheat ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson View Post
                ah well done! you are the first who writes it correctly ! or did you cheat ?
                Well, if I couldn't even pronounce them in front of David last year (that was embarassing), how the heck do you think I gonna remember how to spell them? (okay, I have to remember something other than the 's' to use the dictionery)
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I just spoke with a very charming fellow at the Wyndam to make reservations - so it's official - I'm going to Chicago!

... Let the countdown commence!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    I'm rubbing my tummy all ready!

Well, I was surprised that I actually liked the raspberry beer and I could have gone for two. As it was I got one of the last bottles - I think you gave Chuck the last one didn't you last year?!

Is raspberry beer something in short supply?

Yummmmmmmm, cookies. David really liked them last year and Paul loved them the year before!
                    Those cookies are what got Jules up on stage with Paul two years ago!
                    I am not a beer fan either, but that raspberry beer is the exception. I can easily down a couple of those.

Yep, I do believe Chuck got the last bottle. I still can't believe how much he liked it.

There are only three stores that I know of in Toledo that carry the beer and they usually only have a couple bottles at a time. So if I go to all three, clean them out, then wait a week, they should be replenished. That is my favorite brand of the raspberry beer. There are others out there, but no where near as good. There are other flavors that I come across from time to time and I will bring some of that, too.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance View Post
                      Well, I just spoke with a very charming fellow at the Wyndam to make reservations - so it's official - I'm going to Chicago!

... Let the countdown commence!
                      WOOHOO!!! You know what, I really should do that too. Off to call.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

Just called and booked my rooms. I don't know how many they have left, but I was upgraded to a deluxe room for both rooms for the same discount price of $106. So if anyone hasn't called yet, call today and book and see if you can get one of those.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

So... I"M SO STOKED!!! THE HILTON ROCKS!!! Turns out each of my roommates can pay their own portions of our upcoming room!! That means, I am free to get my plane ticket (while the price if fair) to Chicago!! Oh, you just don't know how happy this makes me!!!

Comment

What's the typical schedule like--how early on Friday do things typically start and how late on Sunday do they go. I'm trying to figure out travel plans...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              What's the typical schedule like--how early on Friday do things typically start and how late on Sunday do they go. I'm trying to figure out travel plans...
                              Friday things tend to open up around noon. Though I think the registration/check-in can start as early as 9:00. Sunday, things tend to go til 5 or 6. If you're flying in, book a late flight back to make sure you don't miss anything by needing to leave early or even a Monday morning flight if you can do that. Lots of people tend to go out for one last dinner Sunday night after everything's over, too.

Comment

I found this restaurant in Chicago... I saw this episode of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives after I got back and nearly wanted to cry... So, me and the roommates plan to make a point to visit it this summer...

Taco Arabes!! Mmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYeeUUpPkks

Comment

Working...
                                X