Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mav, thanks for the feedback. I encourage you to read the full column (if you haven't yet), rather than leaving based on our audio summary of it. It was by no means a decision taken lightly, and it requires about two years of backstory to explain why I felt I finally had to take it -- despite my desire to allow free expression to the greatest degree possible -- or close the site.

Also, it should go without saying that "something is actually wrong with the show" is entirely subjective. We're not "overlooking" that, because we happen to not think it's true. Your mileage may vary.

Best to you!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

you guys should make an ipod / iphone app for gateworld... it's be soooo cool. Have like a a little section with news updates and a link to the latest podcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        2 weeks behind
        i remember when we were dependent upon when skiffy got the rights to see dr who, so we'd be months behind, if not more

so 2 weeks is nothing
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i remember when we were dependent upon when skiffy got the rights to see dr who, so we'd be months behind, if not more

so 2 weeks is nothing
          yea i know but we're not the one who are used to normally waiting
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

it's good to 'walk a mile in another's sandals'
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Austin View Post
              you guys should make an ipod / iphone app for gateworld... it's be soooo cool. Have like a a little section with news updates and a link to the latest podcast.
              I like the idea
              sigpic

Comment

Now that I'm all caught up on the podcasts, I'm going through withdrawal!

Eagerly awaiting the podcast on "Divided"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
                  Now that I'm all caught up on the podcasts, I'm going through withdrawal!

Eagerly awaiting the podcast on "Divided"!!!
                  Me too I love this podcast. *crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
                    Me too I love this podcast. *crosses fingers*
                    Me three!! Always listen on a bus to work
                    sigpic

Comment

HI ALL!

Just watched "Space" on Sky. Great ep! Just listened back to the Podcast. Insightful discussion as always. I have been off GW for a while coz I've been trying to avoid spoilers, and I am now just peeping in to say howdy! Appreciate your editorial comment Darren, and may I say, not before time. I appreciate this is probably not the thread to comment on it, but if I may just add my 10cents worth. I LOVE GW! Love the people (who I met in person in 2008), love the content and super-human all you guys put in to the web site, podcast, interviews etc. I have dipped my toe into some of the threads and in the majority of case, I have found like-minded respectful individuals who passionately discuss the show be it SG1/A/U. I'm a fan of all three, so I find swopping around easy. I have, of course, come across some vitriol and have NOT returned to that particular thread. However, avoidance is easy....but as you say in your column, is it right to let a minority "ride roughshod" over YOUR site?
                      Well done on this decision. I applaud your candour and resolve.

Bravo

S'n'T

PS: Time permitting, I may leave a voice mail on Space (!)
                      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                      Sara O' Neill's father;
                      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Just listened to Space Podcast (after watching Space and Divided) you guys are right on.

My only problem with Space was how quickly we got Rush back, it would have been nicer to have gotten some way of explaining what happened to rush during that time (unless we are going to get that in flashbacks through Young). I wouldn't put it past that when Young and Rush connected Young got some of Rush's memories too (kind of similar to Fringe Season one with Agent Dunham and Agent Scott)

Also, can't wait for the next podcast.

Hopefully will have time to call in about faith.

And I agree that GW is yours. People forget about the fact that Freedom of Expression doesn't apply to private enterprises. A private enterprise can limit what you say all they want. (They can't limit what you think). GW is owned by Darren and as such he sets the rules, don't like go elsewhere pretty simple.

Comment

Now Available:
                          Episode #85 - "Divided"

Stargate Universe picks up right where the last episode left off with “Divided,” a tense episode in which the conflicts on board Destiny finally boil over. On this week’s podcast Darren and David talk about the episode from top to bottom, including the return of the aliens, the coup d’etat on the Destiny, and whether we ought to be rooting for the military or the civilians in this conflict. We’ll also discuss the way we think those communication stones might work.

Want to participate in our discussion? Call the voicemail line by Monday and tell us what you think of this Friday’s new episode of SGU!

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...dcast-divided/
                          Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-04-14.mp3
                          Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: What did you think of this week’s new episode of Stargate Universe, “Faith?”

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks again to everyone for listening and contributing to the show!

Comment

Something to bring up in the next podcast:
                            For a long time there's been the question of
                            Spoiler:
                            what do the communication stone volunteers consent to before switching body with someone on Destiny.
                            The lastest Kino Webisode provides some answers. It's at http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ode-24021.html (If you don't want spoilers for the Kinosode, watch it before clicking the spoiler. The kinosode itself doesn't really refer to any specific events on the show so it should be spoiler free itself).
                            Maybe it's worth bringing up in the quibbles as I think this question has come up there before.
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Just posting first time , long time reader and listener to podcast, noticed it was kind of short this week? What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by lenark View Post
                                Just posting first time , long time reader and listener to podcast, noticed it was kind of short this week? What's up with that?
                                We record late Sunday night, and I was getting up at 5:30 a.m. Monday to head out of town. So while we'd normally banter a bit more and extend the discussion, we kept it short and sweet and episode-focused this week!

Actually a 30 to 40-minute show was our original goal when we started doing this. Makes it much easier to edit and get published in a timely manner (had I not been out of town during publish day + a server crash this week!).

Comment

Working...
                                X